Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Does Superman need a power reduction ?

• 112 results
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

From my limited knowledge of Supes, he really isn't that powerful in the grand scheme of all comic characters.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nope and i want him to get more power down the years in the new 52. Blame the writer's if he seems so because good writing can make any OP character amazing. Look at mike carey's Lucifer series and the classic beyonder Omnipotent like characters, but written with interesting stories.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@ultimatesmfan: agreed, anyone who wants to give superman power reduction is just as bad as anyone who wants peej to have a breast reduction

I hope comics don't follow that Jolie sh!t

lol..qft!

Plus he NEEDS to be that strong with such enemies like Darkseid , Helsopont,Doomsday..ecc...

Lets say what he needs is more consistency in his feats. Then i don't know why, but no one ever complains that Silver Surfer or Thor or Martian Manhunter are overpowered...but somehow this seems to be a frequent problem with Superman...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Just more consistency would be appreciated.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He doesn't need reductions but he does need limits, he just seems to be physically superior to anything.Something that people fail to take into account is Superman's environment he doesn't live on Asgard or hell he lives in planet Earth and he will tangle with human threats. They need to be threatening, Luthor needs to be threatening.It gives it more meaning for the personification of good to beat evil if evil has a chance. That is why i like Unchained more than Superman, they made it clear Superman has limits, he goes to Batman for intellectual questions, Wraith physically outmatches him, the exact amount of energy he absorbs from the sun is measurable and it makes it clear that Lex Luthor intellectually outmatches him, which makes him more threatening. I would appreciate more congruence with Morrisons run thought.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Just good writers.

Like anyone else.

Ever.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 superman is more powerful than Pre-52 superman

But for me,he isnt too powerful,Special I'm a Silver age superman/god fans,I know all of PC superman feats,so,through comparison New 52 superman is very "weak"

He need more and more powerful,bench earth five days?FTL?come on!who sneeze out solar system,who pull a dozen of planets without exertion,who too fast almost break infinity itself....so yes,New 52 superman is weak

Azyral_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By stephens2177

He needs a weakness reduction

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firstly I think the idea that Nu-Superman is more powerful than old Superman because Lobdell had that one "bench press the Earth for 5 days" scene is pretty silly. "Old Superman" had his share of crazy/crazier feats (while Nu-Superman ususally doesnt seem that powerful) but on the average they are about the same.

Secondly Superman's powerlevel is mostly fine. He is a character that should be hugely powerful, most of his stories focus on someone with massive power and the unshakable desire to do the right thing and work best if he is at worst, "first among equals" in the DC heroic community.

If anything I think its the fact that DC seems to want to get away from that these days (how many "dark murderous Superman" stories are we seeing recently?) that is the biggest threat to the character. Being constantly drawn like he is 17 is also not so great IMO but anyway....

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the first year of the Superman book,he has been written with crazy levels of power,that "should"put him ahead of any others in the top tier levels easily.

Also I think ppl discount his "holding back" it is a real thing,this IMO is the only reason he is not considered a "cosmic level" hero.while characters like Shazam and Wonder Woman to all out and want to even when they can't,superman always wants to hold back,and goes out of his way to do it.he must consider it like if he lets himself kept swept away by his limitless powers he will lose his humanity are something,cause this is his regular mode,only dipping his toe into the ultra super levels when he absolutly needs to.

And yes I am saying he is atleast one good healthy notch above all the other top tiers IMO.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Does Scarlet Johansson need a breast reduction? The answer is No.

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.