Does Superman have visibly different power levels?

#1 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

So i was just reading JLA and i saw that Flash said on the Moon Superman is 6 times stronger because of the gravity, so are there any times where they visibly make him stronger when hes on other planets? Or was this mentioned and completely forgotten about.

#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3502 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheVoiceOfReason said:

So i was just reading JLA and i saw that Flash said on the Moon Superman is 6 times stronger because of the gravity, so are there any times where they visibly make him stronger when hes on other planets? Or was this mentioned and completely forgotten about.

First of all, everyone is six time stronger on the moon than on Earth. Well technically, they're the same strength but everything is six times lighter, but it's almost saying the same thing.

I don't remember ever reading a time where Superman was shown as stronger because he was on another planet. For simplicity's sake, writers often make the gravity of alien planets the same as Earth's.
#3 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

Though really, when you're capable of lifting thousands upon thousands of tons, the gravity of a planet starts to become negligible. Even on a planet with 50 times Earth's gravity, Superman would still be able to lift everything on it more than likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.