Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Does Superman have Superhuman Agility?

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WDW

Was curious if superman had superhuman agility as in balance coordination movement etc?

Kingzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kingzila
    In Flight Super man has the Ability to propel himself through the air at will. Has ranged from simply being able to jump great distances using his superhuman strength, to being able to accelerate, float in midair, change direction and traverse interstellar distances without stopping.  

In Super human speed he has the Ability to move at speeds far greater than normal humans are capable of. Top speeds have ranged from hundreds of miles per hour to speeds far greater than the Speed of light. Includes the speeding up of his thoughts and perception to be able to control his actions as well as normal while moving at high speeds.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WDW
    @Kingzila said:

" In Flight Super man has the Ability to propel himself through the air at will. Has ranged from simply being able to jump great distances using his superhuman strength, to being able to accelerate, float in midair, change direction and traverse interstellar distances without stopping.  

In Super human speed he has the Ability to move at speeds far greater than normal humans are capable of. Top speeds have ranged from hundreds of miles per hour to speeds far greater than the Speed of light. Includes the speeding up of his thoughts and perception to be able to control his actions as well as normal while moving at high speeds. "

But is he agile like an olympic gymnest like Batman Wolverine Spiderman and Beast? Like... can he do a Full Split,  Lift 1 leg vertically in the air and still remain balanced,  Balance himself upside down on one hand preform arial stunt, kicks and splits without relying on flight? stuff like that
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @WDW: 

I belive so he just doesn't use it because he can fly
    Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @WDW said:
    " @Kingzila said:
    " In Flight Super man has the Ability to propel himself through the air at will. Has ranged from simply being able to jump great distances using his superhuman strength, to being able to accelerate, float in midair, change direction and traverse interstellar distances without stopping.  

In Super human speed he has the Ability to move at speeds far greater than normal humans are capable of. Top speeds have ranged from hundreds of miles per hour to speeds far greater than the Speed of light. Includes the speeding up of his thoughts and perception to be able to control his actions as well as normal while moving at high speeds. "

But is he agile like an olympic gymnest like Batman Wolverine Spiderman and Beast? "
    Well, I have never seen him do a backflip while kicking someone or using any form of martial art other than the art of DA PUNCH. But, doesn't mean he can't.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WDW
    @GreenLantern555:  oh ok thanks
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

No, he doesn't. He has the agility of a normal human who regularly works out. Any street leveler would beat his butt in an agility contest. Of course his other powers MORE than make up for it.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Cherry Bomb

He doesn't need agility, he's the motherfluffin SUPERMAN.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @WDW said:
    " Was curious if superman had superhuman agility as in balance coordination movement etc? "
    I'd say he does. Wouldn't he almost have to? There's nothing stopping him from doing a flip with countless rotations at superhuman speed and landing on his feet. Since he can fly wouldn't that allow him to perform handstands and other gymnastic type moves with ridiculous balance? We already know he has crazy coordination. So even though I dont have any scans or examples to fall back on, I'm still gonna say he has superhuman agility. He just doesn't need/use it.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @GreenLantern555 said:
    "
    using any form of martial art other than the art of DA PUNCH. But, doesn't mean he can't. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Doesn't he leap tall buildings in a single bound? That's pretty agile.

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @Gambler: Fair enough. I had said that I had never seen it, but now I have. ;-)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Why not he has everything else

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @GreenLantern555 said:
    " @Gambler: Fair enough. I had said that I had never seen it, but now I have. ;-) "
    Oh I wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything. Just thought I'd show you some examples.
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @Gambler said:
    " @GreenLantern555 said:
    " @Gambler: Fair enough. I had said that I had never seen it, but now I have. ;-) "
    Oh I wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything. Just thought I'd show you some examples. "
    Well, what i meant from the post that I sent was that it's rare to see Superman do somersaults over someone just to get on the other side of him/her and whatnot. Basically cause he has speed and can fly.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @GreenLantern555 said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @GreenLantern555 said:
    Oh I wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything. Just thought I'd show you some examples. "
    Well, what i meant from the post that I sent was that it's rare to see Superman do somersaults over someone just to get on the other side of him/her and whatnot. Basically cause he has speed and can fly. "
    Agreed
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WDW
    @Gambler said:
    " @WDW said:
    " Was curious if superman had superhuman agility as in balance coordination movement etc? "
    I'd say he does. Wouldn't he almost have to? There's nothing stopping him from doing a flip with countless rotations at superhuman speed and landing on his feet. Since he can fly wouldn't that allow him to perform handstands and other gymnastic type moves with ridiculous balance? We already know he has crazy coordination. So even though I dont have any scans or examples to fall back on, I'm still gonna say he has superhuman agility. He just doesn't need/use it. "
    I was thinking more along the lines of  doing full splits and being really flexible and moving with efficiency kind of like these pictures without relying on flight but I get what you are saying... he would not need to be.
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WDW
    @AtPhantom said:
    " No, he doesn't. He has the agility of a normal human who regularly works out. Any street leveler would beat his butt in an agility contest. Of course his other powers MORE than make up for it. "
    Oh then I am really confused because on the battle application they have on this site he is #2 in rank in agility beating out everyone accept spiderman seemed pretty odd.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
    @WDW said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    " No, he doesn't. He has the agility of a normal human who regularly works out. Any street leveler would beat his butt in an agility contest. Of course his other powers MORE than make up for it. "
    Oh then I am really confused because on the battle application they have on this site he is #2 in rank in agility beating out everyone accept spiderman seemed pretty odd. "
    Never take ranks on this site seriously. It has Spiderman beating God on overall power. It's fan based.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WDW
    @AtPhantom:  hehe ok I won't.... I just noticed the application today and was fooling around with it
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @WDW: These are all I could find. Not exactly the same as the pics you posted above, but its something :D

Superman as Gangbuster
     Superman as Gangbuster

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WDW
    @Gambler:  ah cool thanks gam
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @Gambler: Perfect ;-)
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm not too sure. At first, I thought so, but after reading AtPhantom's posts, I'm not so sure he has superhuman agility.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RedK

yes when on new krypton he showed supior skill to other kryptonians like shown above by gambler, even when he lost his powers in batman/superman issue (can't remember) he had peak human abilitys like batmam. remember even without his powers his built, skilled and has never had a health problem

Avatar image for rankomarinkovic
    rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can run as Flash and he has superhuman agility of course.Superman is faster then light and how he can t be agile this theme make me laugh SO STUPID.............. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be better to compare Superman's agility to that of Daredevil? I once heard that DD gets his agility from his enhanced senses making him in tune with his body's sense of balance or something. And since Superman CLEARLY has the superior senses why not have a super sense of balance? I mean I have never actually seen him move around like a gymnast but still what's stopping him if someone as bulked up as Batman can do it? I wonder if he can walk on a wire effortlessly though.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By segamarvel
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superman's keen sense of balance is far more impressive than his brute strength. You simply cannot balance large and heavy objects on the palms of your hands with strength alone. We already have modern machinery capable of lifting a giant rocket, for instance. But balancing said giant rocket on a 5 inch x 5 inch surface? Good luck.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By termiteone4ever

yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.