Does Superman ever have a kid?

#1 Posted by Son of Kal-el (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Does superman ever have a kid? just worderin,

I know in the movie superman returns (2006) Lois has jason white? but is he really Clarks son.

Have they put this into comics?

So is there a real son of kal-el??

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

gah!!!

tries to remove the movie from his memories

M

#3 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, no son, but in some of the stories, he has a daughter in a possible future.

#5 Posted by Shiver (12 posts) - - Show Bio

That would make him a bit more human right?

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiver says:

"That would make him a bit more human right?"

What do you mean? I'm not sure I'm getting you?

#7 Posted by Son of Kal-el (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it depends if superman had sex with a women? he could bone some alien or something?!

#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmmm, ok.....

#9 Posted by G-Man (32556 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not his but in the comics just recently he and Lois "adopted" the Kryptonian child that appeared on Earth. They named him Christopher Kent. Turns out he's really Zod and Ursa's kid and his name is Lor-Zod. http://www.comicvine.com/lor-zod/42372/

Staff
#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, there is that. All part of the Richard Donner retcon.

#11 Posted by G-Man (32556 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh heh, I sense some bitterness.

Staff
#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bitterness as much as exasperation. Retcons are only done for three basic reasons.

1. The story wasn't good in the first place, so we're retconning it.

2. Lack of enough imagination to take the existing story and make something of it, so we're retconning it.

3. I think what I created is better than anyone else's, so I'm retconning it.

I suspect that #3 is in play here. Never mind the fact that the Richard Donner cut of his Superman movie came out fairly recently.

#13 Posted by G-Man (32556 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the Donner Cut but still haven't watched it. Kinda hard to convince G-Lady to watch it. I liked the Donner and Johns story in the comics. If only it was on schedule. It's like one issue Superman gets put in the Phantom Zone while tons of Kryptonians are free on Earth, then the next couple, no mention of it.

Oh and didn't Superman and (I think) Wonder Woman have a kid at the end of Kingdom Come? Or maybe it was only in the novel (which had a slightly longer ending). I should dig out my copy.

Staff
#14 Posted by Son of Kal-el (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if Superman would have a kid it would me SON OF KAL-EL!!! yeah thats me ... so i drew a picture of what it would look like ... along with superman!, bizzaro, and Lex!

#15 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I got the Donner Cut but *still* haven't watched it. Kinda hard to convince G-Lady to watch it. I liked the Donner and Johns story in the comics. If only it was on schedule. It's like one issue Superman gets put in the Phantom Zone while tons of Kryptonians are free on Earth, then the next couple, no mention of it.Oh and didn't Superman and (I think) Wonder Woman have a kid at the end of Kingdom Come? Or maybe it was only in the novel (which had a slightly longer ending). I should dig out my copy."

Yeah, the delay on that issue has got everything all out of order. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the story and its possibilities, but I just have problems with retcons.

As for the Kingdom Come thing, yes, you're right on. He turned out to be an insanely powerful character who was essentially lord over Hypertime.

@Son of Kal-El: Keep up the work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.