Does Superboy have to potential to surpass Superman?

• 104 results
#51 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Kon delivering pain shows he can hurt a kryptonian.

The "robot" was strongest when superman was uncinscious,as soln as superman awoke and came back it lost much if its power,thats why it started to fall apart while fighting superman.supergirl was fighting it at full po

wer,superman was not,cause superman unconscious was feeding it

She equaled wonder woman is strength,cause kryptonians are that strong,and she felt stronger and stronger,because she was absorbing tons of solar energy,but at the same time was ill from kryptonite poisoning,its like she was given a pure shot if adrenliene while she was deathly sick..

Superboy stopping kara cold WAS the only feat we needed to see.he can sit in his room and play video games all day,but if he comes out and takes the best a kryptonian can give him,and then stops them as soon as he wants to,that still counts,that still shows how he would be powerwise.not saying "right now" he is above her in power,but they are both in the same tier if power.

This thread was about kons potential,and his potential is great.he has jons TTK at full power with only 1/3 of his dna from him,he has the same amount from superman,so either his TTK will keep increasing well over kryptonian levels,or he will get supermans kryptonian powers,which should happen,seeing as though he has done the same with jons powers.

#52 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: he hurt supergirl,and next page supergirl look like Ok,eh?

of course,but still that prove superman>supergirl in her first appear,when supergirl fight with superboy,this she worst state,when supergirl fight with wonder woman,she was close to wonder woman in strength,in speed,

she grow up her power level

Now,supergirl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>when supergirl fight with superboy

#53 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: I dont know why you say this,supergirl grow up her muscle strength,superboy didnt,he never grow up his power level,supergirl already more and more powerful than before

wonder woman says supergirl was match her strength and speed,when supergirl first grow up her power level

and supergirl grow up her power level,again,just all on the panel

#54 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

The SUPER's always comeback after they get knocked down or hurt,so her looking ok on the next page is the norm,same goes for superman and superboy.

Supergirl was soaking up solar energy after her exposure to kryptonite in space,that was her only real power up,and it didnt even stick,cause she was sick as hell from the K poisoning,what other power ups were there?

Kons body doesnt work like kryptonians,he is his own power source,no outside source is needed,his power is fueled by his will,and yeah his power levels and skill goes up also,its just from use of his power,not absorbing yellow sun energy.

#55 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: you still not rpply my point:superman was prove far stronger than supergirl,supergirl fight with superboy,superboy "hurt"supergirl ,and next page supergirl looks like ok,that no way can prove superboy was superman level,or can you scan some superboy feats to match superman feats?lift earth weight five days?please?

supergirl grow up her power level even twice,can you prove supergirl grow up power not stick?scan prove,we only to know she more and more powerful than before,that why she can match wonder woman in strength in speed,because she grow up,and she even grow up again,that put her far stronger than superboy

#56 Edited by HouseOfRao (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177 said:

Kon doesnt absorb yellow sunlight,he is a TK user.

Kon was supervised in a cloning tube throughout his entire growth,jon was not,that might be why he does not have the dna instability.

Just the fact that kon and jon both are hybrids and still stated as powerful as a full blooded kryptonian is big to me,let alone the idea of them getting more powerful.

There is probably not a third dna donor,cause in superman16 lobdell wrote that the combination of the human and kryptonian dna created the third dna strand.

I cant wait to see the sons of superman fight ,kon and jon,one naturally birthed,the other by cloning process,should be awesome.

That's not exactly accurate. It hasn't been proven that Superboy doesn't absorb yellow radiation and pre-reboot, Superboy's TTK did run off of yellow radiation. Superboy does have Kryptonian abilities as well as his TK. He is a TK user but not 100% TK. In issue 4 of his own book, they tested his strength, no TK was used. In issue 8 his healing factor is used for the first time and Harvest refers to it as kryptonian metabolism by name. You get to see the healing factor again in issue 14.

#57 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseofrao: It doesnt matter.superboy not superman power level,even not close

#58 Edited by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been stated superboy is his own power source,that means he doesnt absorb sun energy,also kryptonite didnt bother him,and thats another sign if his body not being a energy absorber.

Powerwoman superman and supergirl has fought as equals everytime kara goes crazy on kal,the "robot" superman worked off of its relationship with superman,it made it stronger the more of a hold it had over him,so his powers were flucuating from above superman to below superman.if anything the kara fight with the "robot" superman should not be taken as a fight between kara and kal,cause the power levels were all over the place.

Kons only needs one feat,handling of kara,which he did,and kara has been shown to give kal a run for his money (even though imo kal was holding back against her),so they are all up there in power levels.

Back to kons potential,he has all jons TTK,which already gives him a kryptonian level of power,and he has superman dna at the same ration,which grows as he gets older,like kals did,so he could develop kryptonian powers in a few years easily.

Actually that weight kon lifted "we" fans called it without TK strength showing,the lab guys didnt,they just acted like they couldnt believe he could do it,also his eyes were red,thats the color of his TK,so he could have been using it easily.

I already said he has supermans dna and he is still a kid,so he could only be at the level where kal could wrestle a bull down,thats why the pipe to the back of the head hurt,and why his metabolism took hours to heal him instead of instantaneous like full grown kal.

#59 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: what your mean,superman far stronger than supergirl for sure,all these in the scans,robot superman isnt match superman power level,just all

superboy not close to superman in power

#60 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Serious ,superboy when first test his strength,he lift three tons!

eh,very Impressive

#61 Posted by HouseOfRao (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Correcting faulty information always matters.

and 3 tons for a newborn is pretty impressive. Those tests were not the limit of Superboy's strength, it was the limit that N.O.W.H.E.R.E. could test, big difference. Honestly Superboy's true strength cannot be gauged now, his powers really have no upper limits, so he's going to be as strong as his writers are going to want him to be.

To take a look at what we know. Wonder Woman is capable of overpowering Superman, and Supergirl is capable of overpowered Wonder Woman, and Superboy is capable of overpowering Supergirl. Their powers are all in the same ballpark. To say Superboy is not close to Sueprman is a joke. During the raid on the fortress, Superboy was just as effective in fighting as Sueprman, if not more. Even Wonder Woman who have been fighting alongside Superman for years was surprised by how strong he was.

#62 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseofrao: supergirl never overpowered wonder woman ,stop lies.

#63 Posted by HouseOfRao (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl broke free from Wonder Woman's bondage. That's overpowering.

#64 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone power not = strength ,lobdell can't write GOOD origin stories and teens ok.

#66 Edited by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@houseofrao: .....................sigh

why are you sighing...you don't consider this to be over powering lol. I am not saying she won..but being forced to the ground is because your opponent is strong enough to do so.

#67 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: supergirl can fight with wonder woman because she grow up her muscle strength,just it

#68 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: supergirl even say wonder woman as strong as superman

Even she grow up her power level,wonder woman still more superior than supergirl

wonder woman even not use her full power:

Does not matter,supergirl grow up her power level,again:

I dont see superboy has feats can match them,also,when robot superman beat supergirl,supergirl grow up her power level,that why she can toe with toe fight wonder woman

#69 Edited by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@w0nd: supergirl even say wonder woman as strong as superman

Even she grow up her power level,wonder woman still more superior than supergirl

wonder woman even not use her full power:

Does not matter,supergirl grow up her power level,again:

I dont see superboy has feats can match them,also,when robot superman beat supergirl,supergirl grow up her power level,that why she can toe with toe fight wonder woman

once again and I quote

"I am not saying she won..but being forced to the ground is because your opponent is strong enough to do so."

I made it clear she didn't win, so all those posts are irrelevant. I said she overpowered her. You can overpower your opponent even if it's for a brief moment. You can have an adrenaline rush and overpower someone who is clearly stronger than you. I know over all she is outclassed by wonder woman, but she can hurt her when needed. When I say superman holds back, that apparently doesn't count and is PIS but now all of a sudden because super girl hurt wonder woman or Super boy hurt Super girl it counts as them not using their full power? You can't just change the rules when it suits your needs lol

#70 Edited by PowerWoman123 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd:

superboy hurt supergirl isnt legit feats,because supergirl already more powerful than before,that why she can match wonder woman in strength in speed,and she even more powerful than before again,that put her above wonder woman(has bracelets)

I dont know you want to say what,yes,supergirl can match wonder woman,but isnt mean superboy can match wonder woman too,logic isnt work,because supergirl was more and more powerful than before

#71 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman123: how come you have two accounts now? or are you sisters or something

#72 Posted by PowerWoman123 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: I dont know,I think comicvine was wrong something,I cant see your posts, both is me

I cant reply

#73 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: ok.is work

wonder woman always close to superman in strength,supergirl it is too,superboy never close to superman in strength level

Pre-52 superboy it is,i dont know new 52 superboy how powerful,but he feats isnt Impressive,beat teen titans?wonder girl?lol,new 52 wonder girl still weak

#74 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so superboy doesnt have the feats stacked up like supergirl, but he did blast her, and stopped her cold, thats the feat that counts.

This thread is about "potential", which SB has tons of, his TTK could become more powerful than superman, or he could get all kryptonian powers added to his TTK, thats potential to surpass superman. Not like its ever going to happen though.

#75 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone not really understanding scan,the superboy hurt just a very low level supergirl,superman easily beat her

but supergirl grow up her power level,i dont think superboy can hurt her again

#76 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

potential isnt mean anything,unless superboy has some great feats to match superman or supergirl

Assuming no significance

#77 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

potential isnt mean anything,unless superboy has some great feats to match superman or supergirl

Assuming no significance

The title of the thread has the word potential, the whole topic was if he had the potential to do so...if you don't like the idea of potential then why would you come to this topic lol? Secondly if wonder woman comments on how powerful Kon is then shouldn't that count as something? She tells it how it is....or does what she say not count anymore even though previously her scans were used as examples?

I think he does have the potential just like his counterpart does, just like pre 52 counterpart but who knows.

#78 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: lol, the people think superboy already has great feats can match superman,because he can hurt supergirl,that why I countered

#79 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: lol, the people think superboy already has great feats can match superman,because he can hurt supergirl,that why I countered

No they don't I went back and re read the thread most of the people debated with said this:

"So far, he has had some impressive feats, but seemingly no where near Superman's."

" I get the impression that the writer WANTS Superboy, and Jon Lane Kent, to be more powerful than Superman, but not I dont feel it is confirmed as fact."

"Through out the issue whether it was Jon or kon they only showed him as a teenager so maybe when he fully matures,he has the potential to be stronger than supes"

"Nah I doubt it. Superman's considered the most powerful or one of the most powerful heroes in DC and although they may tease at Superboy surpassing him"

"Superman will always be top dog in the books,they can tease all they want about others being more powerful,or will be more powerful,but that fact will never change."

"Actually after i read lobdell's newsarama explanation if kons three dna strands i would sayYES, he is absolutley able to be potentially more powerful than superman."

They all say may, maybe, in my opinion, potentially.....

No one said anything about superboy matching superman at the moment, most people said he MAY in the future because well who knows its a comic, a writer could wake up one day and decide to make him stronger than he is now, if someone told me that weiner gohan would be the one to beat cell I wouldn't believe it.

If someone told me Doc ock would be the new spider-man I wouldn't believe it, there are tons of wtf moments in comics, you are basically arguing about someone saying they think its possible for a comic book character to become stronger than they are now lol. In the titans tomorrow story Conner had superman's powers as well as full on Telekenisis. , which has nothing to do with the new 52 but that is a pretty big upgrade.

You seem to be defensive because people think Kon may be strong in the future or something? why is that?

#80 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Because I hate assume,if we are assume superboy was superman power level,ok,someone or who would be exaggerate it,like,he MAY in the future more powerful than superman,who know

#81 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics are all about taking that next step after you read the story, letting your imagination go crazy, thats the fun of comics. Guessing, assumimg, thinking of characters potential is part of the fun.

#82 Edited by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Because I hate assume,if we are assume superboy was superman power level,ok,someone or who would be exaggerate it,like,he MAY in the future more powerful than superman,who know

they aren't assuming though they are saying anything is possible in comics, not one of those people said "yes he will become stronger" they all pretty much said maybe it's possible depending on the situation. The whole point of the topic is possibilities

#83 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: I'm just countered superboy can hurt supergirl so etc etc

I dont really care if superboy one day would be powerful,really

#84 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: So then basically you were arguing about nothing lol. People don't say AHHH for no reason, she felt pain, she didn't die from it but she felt it. That's all they were saying what exactly is there to argue about. In the scan did it look like she was enjoying it, or didn't feel it at all?

#85 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: superboy hurt supergirl,and supergirl more and more powerful than before,this feats isnt can prove superboy power level how much,unless let us waiting for superboy in the future

#86 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

With the current convoluted origin of Superboy, more likely to be cancelled than surpass Superman.

#87 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Yes,I dont like superboy,New 52 superboy is just convoluted everything

#88 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this has gone on to far, "potential", thats what the thread is about, superboy has shit tons of potential,and superboy caused pain to kara, thats a fact, those.

You dont like the idea of future potential, so why are you still posting here? Also you dont like superboy, so why are you posting on a thread all about him?

You need to find something else to do besides proving nothing, besides your disdain of superboy.

#89 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: he hurt supergirl and supergirl more powerful than before,this feats isnt can prove anything

by the way,i dont care future potential

#90 Edited by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this is hopeless, thiis thread is all about future potential, if you dont like that concept stop posting here.

Kara said she never felt stronger after she was bathing in solar rays uninterupted, she juiced up, but for the rest of the issue kara was feeling sick and couldnt harldy fight back. This is like a person with a killer flu taking pure shots of adreliene, nothing more.

Now kara has future potential too, she has that solar flare burst ability, which she could train herself to use in ways that could make her more than kal could be.

Oh and in superboy #20 first page kon loses his TTK powers, so in future issues where they pick up on that part of the story we will see if he has kryptonian abilities, even if they are very low as a teen, that will show us if he has potential for kryptonian powers in top of his TTK.

#91 Edited by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@stephens2177: he hurt supergirl and supergirl more powerful than before,this feats isnt can prove anything

by the way,i dont care future potential

LOL why do you keep saying that? we are just talking about things he's done, ALL characters will become more powerful that's just how it is he has probably gotten stronger as well. You don't like the idea of Kon hurting someone, that's fine, yes kara has gotten stronger, they all have. Clearly you don't like talking about what if's and maybe's and possibilities, so why do you punish yourself by posting on a thread on an ideal you hate about a character you hate? I mean no one is telling you to go away but you seem offended by most of the stuff posted,

It's like walking into a steak house and complaining there are not enough vegetarian dishes on the menu....

#92 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: The first,even I'm offended someone or who,not need you talking with me,the second,superboy never grow up in the comics book,only supergirl

#93 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez this is beyond sad now.

#94 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: The first,even I'm offended someone or who,not need you talking with me,the second,superboy never grow up in the comics book,only supergirl

this isn't meant to be disrespectful but I have no idea what the first part of what you are typing says. I am guessing English is not your first language so it's not a big deal, or meant to be an insult but if I don't answer you correctly that's why, it is just miscommunication.

anyways you said you don't like the idea of talking about potential, and you don't like the new 52 conner...so what brings you to this thread titled "Does Superboy have to potential to surpass Superman?" two things you admitted to not like talking about is in the title, so your first thought was to come here and talk about it? I am confused

secondly adult Kon has been seen pre new 52 and his power was amazing...His whole being stuck as a teenager was fixed and he was able to grow older

No one knows if this new 52 one can age or not, I may be mistaken but no one has said he couldn't?

#95 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: your scan supergirl even KO him because he isnt full krptonian,yes,i'm just say superboy at least he does not has feats to prove it,maybe in the future he would be very powerful,who knwo,i'm dont care this

#96 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: your scan supergirl even KO him because he isnt full krptonian,yes,i'm just say superboy at least he does not has feats to prove it,maybe in the future he would be very powerful,who knwo,i'm dont care this

maybe in the future he would be very powerful,who knwo,i'm dont care this

This was literally the entire topic, idk why you argued for so long about something you ended up saying anyway lol.

And my scan wasn't to show him beating her up my scan was to show you an adult conner which apparently didn't exist, even though you stated you read the issue just now. And if you don't care why did you come to the thread, you never actually answered that

WHY DID YOU COME TO A THREAD ABOUT A CHARACTER YOU DISLIKE ABOUT A TOPIC YOU DISLIKE ABOUT AN IDEA YOU DISLIKE?

you have that right to do so, everyone is welcome, but why complain about it?

#97 Posted by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: I'm say superbot not feats to prove he on the superman power level,and someguy say he it is,because he can hurt supergirl,and i countered it,just all,i'm not talking superboy in the future,stop,i dont care it,my all point just countered superboy hurt supergirl so he was superman level

#98 Edited by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@w0nd: I'm say superbot not feats to prove he on the superman power level,and someguy say he it is,because he can hurt supergirl,and i countered it,just all,i'm not talking superboy in the future,stop,i dont care it,my all point just countered superboy hurt supergirl so he was superman level

no one said he was supermans power level that's the thing i re read the entire thread, all they did was say he was able to hurt supergirl and that he has potential. then you started arguing about feats and how he has none.....anyways this got way off topic so thanks for that!

I re read it one more time just to be sure, the original person you argued with said this:

Superman will always be top dog in the books,they can tease all they want about others being more powerful,or will be more powerful,but that fact will never change.

Then said superboy has potential, but never said at this moment in time he is as strong as superman. You are arguing with someone because you misread and entered a topic about potential then got mad people were talking about it

NO ONE SAID HE IS AS POWERFUL AS SUPERMAN AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, CLEAR? If you just read carefully you would have noticed that but you kept going on about feats and how you dont care about potential

#99 Edited by PowerWoman (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: No?if no,why this guy talking about superboy hurt supergirl thing?yes,he hurt a very low level of the supergirl, superman beat her easily,and supergirl grow up again again"superboy hurt supergirl so he at least on the supergirl level"This example isnt work

#100 Posted by w0nd (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez this is beyond sad now.

yup you're right, so i apologies for being the cause of this dragging on

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.