Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Does H'el have the potential to become a great rival for Supes;

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

He is cool with similar powerset and opposite goals so i would like to see this character being a rival of superman in the future!

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By krspaceT

Superman needs anyone who can give him a rogue's gallery that can equal him

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@krspaceT said:

Superman has a rogues gallery that can equal him. The trouble is writers would rather use Lex, Brainiac or some variation of Zod/equal Kryptonian that actually use some of his better villains.

Mongul was donated to GL.

The Prankster and Toyman could easily be made credible threats (with the New 52 supplying reason for their revamps)

Kryptonite Man is a walking "how to kill Superman"

Metallo is Kryptonite Man but without the insta-win, and seems to only be used as a side-villain (ala his appearance in the dismal Secret Origins)

Livewire can pose more than a threat

Luminus is another one (Thank you, STAS for the last two)

Parasite gets used only as one issue villains, even though he could easily have an arc built around him

Silver Banshee, Bizarro, Conduit, Solaris, Reactron, Riot, the list goes on.

Superman has more than enough formidable opponents, the trouble is that writers would rather be lazy and create yet another "OMG, END OF THE WORLD SUPER THREAT. SUPERMAN HAS NEVER FACED ANYTHING LIKE THIS" than use an already existing villain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I like H'el and would quite like to see more of him.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Big_Nasty

I like when superman fight villains that are stronger than him, it makes more cooler when he beats them.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@krspaceT said:

Superman has a rogue's gallery that can equal him. The trouble is writers would rather use Lex, Brainiac or some variation of Zod/equal Kryptonian that actually use some of his better villains.

The Prankster and Toyman could easily be made credible threats (with the New 52 supplying reason for their revamps)

Metallo is Kryptonite Man but without the insta-win, and seems to only be used as a side-villain (ala his appearance in the dismal Secret Origins)

Parasite gets used only as one issue villains, even though he could easily have an arc built around him

Superman has more than enough formidable opponents, the trouble is that writers would rather be lazy and create yet another "OMG, END OF THE WORLD SUPER THREAT. SUPERMAN HAS NEVER FACED ANYTHING LIKE THIS" than use an already existing villain.

This, I don't think Zod, himself, gets used too much, but drop any wanna-be Zods. Lex is kind of like the King-ping,

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

I'm all for heroes sharing villains. And while Mongul was basically given to GL we havent seen him in years and would make a good threat to Superman or the JL. I have not been a fan of H'el and think he looks like a Bizzaro wanna be but with a better thought process. He could be a good villain but i would like to see villains that aren't from Krypton, Daxam, or the Phantom Zone.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

Nope,he's just a generic Eradicator clone.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Press Oblivion

I think his powers are pretty formidable if H'el survives this arc it will be interesting to see how he's used again and how he's developed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has not actually killed anyone yet, so possible for redemption, his logic was not evil, so might still be straitened out ... somewhat. Hard to imagine him coming back every now and then with the same goal or just to spite Superman.

Maybe the orocal will show him that no matter what he does Kryptonains are doomed

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

In the future, H'el will probably blow up planets like what crazy superboy prime used to do.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lightsout

Depending on how much background info we get on him (why he's got ramped-up Kryptonian powers, and the TRUTH of his origin (Supergirl noticed the backward symbol which may or may not be able to disappear, but nothing beyond that)) in the ONE issue we've got left of H'el on Earth.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By JakeN7

@drgnx said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@krspaceT said:

Superman has a rogue's gallery that can equal him. The trouble is writers would rather use Lex, Brainiac or some variation of Zod/equal Kryptonian that actually use some of his better villains.

This, I don't think Zod, himself, gets used too much, but drop any wanna-be Zods. Lex is kind of like the King-ping,

Isn't H'el pretty much a wannabe Zod to begin with? Also, why wouldn't writers want to use Lex and Braniac? They are his main villains. Could you imagine if Batman writers didn't want to use Joker and...well any of his other villains? Thankfully Batman has the best rogue's gallery in comics so each one doesn't get overused too often because there are so many to pull from. I agree that Superman should get a gallery just as great as Batman's (that might not be possible........At least one as good as Flash's then?)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By z3ro180

Yes I think he does but they have to be very careful with the whole pro krypton anti earth thing. To much he become a whiny super emo/zod rip off and too little he just becomes boring. Also they need to use him spare inlay.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe superman dies and H'el will be the new Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JakeN7 said:

@drgnx said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@krspaceT said:

Isn't H'el pretty much a wannabe Zod to begin with? Also, why wouldn't writers want to use Lex and Braniac? They are his main villains. Could you imagine if Batman writers didn't want to use Joker and...well any of his other villains? Thankfully Batman has the best rogue's gallery in comics so each one doesn't get overused too often because there are so many to pull from. I agree that Superman should get a gallery just as great as Batman's (that might not be possible........At least one as good as Flash's then?)

Lex can battle it out with Superman but should do most fights through proxy. Having Lex put on a suit to fight Superman on a regular basis would take away what made him special in the first place (and kryptonite gets boring quick as does red sunlight). It would be like turning Batman into IronBatMan to sooth the "Batman doesn't belong on the JL" band....actually I might like that nvm this example... the point is that Superman has a great R.G. that should be exploited more, and while Lex and Braniac are always fun (not saying to omit them), we would like to see others in the Limelight more, like how they used Metallo in the JL doom movie, or how Lex has not made a huge impact in DCnU yet.

I don't think we have seen enough of H'el to say he is like Zod, H'el is not even interested in ruling anything. They would both sacrifice Earth for Krypton sake, and they are both fanatical, but so are .. pretty much ever villain in some way.

Edit: I think you're misreading the posts, we are pointing out that H'el does not need to become a great enemy, because Superman has a great R.G., but it seems he does not because the focus is always on Lex and Brainiac. There is Doomsday and Cyborg Superman who people love, but don't get as much comic time as people think, and thats where Lex could be, I actually don't think Brainiac gets too much time either TBH, but seems more memorable than C.S. and D.D.

Sure there is Bizarro, but he is considered a joke because of his intelligence, most of the time, even when he does good, people still only remember him as a joke and people don't think much of his other rogues either. We want them to be considered more of threats so that when the show up we are like OH sh**, its "________"!!!! That is my reaction for Cyborg Superman, Zod, Doomsday and even Darksied, I want it to be so for Metallo, Parasite, Kryptoniteman, and even more so, Bizzarro and Ultraman.

Lex, in the Battle suit, should be like when Batman suits up in a mech, awesome but rare. This would make LEx and Supermans encounters more about wits. Wits, however, should not dominate a Superman comic though, and hence why he should have a presence but be more in the background doing his thang.

Does anyone remember the Superboy comic where Harvest mentions Superboy's allies, and there was Superman, Supergirl, and H'el? This has to indicate the H'el will become his ally.

He Will Make Enemies Of Them All
    He Will Make Enemies Of Them All
    lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lightsout

@drgnx: Oh shoot o_o....I did not recognize H'el after having read that. I don't remember reading anything (like someone else bringing it up) either. That was back before issue 13, so it's been on the table for a while. I'm definitely intrigued now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout:

To be honest, I think I read that before I knew who H'el was, so it stuck to me, I might have even made a post somewhere asking, or at least thought about doing so. I thought it could be the first clone, and/or Match. Superboy is the second clone by Harvest. Actually what if he had cloned/induced memories?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.