does anyone else think superman is overdone

• 67 results
#51 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Yeh, but you have to add Diana, she's done more for women than the vote and affirmative action combined.
#52 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

As you can tell from my avatar I am a big Superman fan and no he is not overdone. Not because I am a fan or anything like this but because I honestly believe this. He is not overpowered, there are characters like Martian Manhunter who can do the same and more. He is not boring, he just has principals.

#53 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I know...but Supes, Spidey and Bats are the big 3, the are the most recognizable heroes on the planet.

@ComicMan24:
You are awesome bro.
#54 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Thanks and I do agree that those are the three most recognizable heroes.
#55 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Primmaster64: Thanks and I do agree that those are the three most recognizable heroes. "
=)
#56 Posted by Rabbit Tots (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Most  Marvel characters tend to suck for the most part... Superman is the most under appreciated hero out there. Shut it.

#57 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbit Tots said:
"Most  Marvel characters tend to suck for the most part... Superman is the most under appreciated hero out there. Shut it. "

I agree......without Superman, there IS no Marvel comics or any other heroes for that matter. There's been so many Superman inspired characters or wanna bes especially from Marvel that try to be Superman but just aren't... 

I think if anyone loves comics, fictional heroes you have to tip your cap to Superman.
#58 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

another movie coming

#59 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Overdone? In what sense? Not compared to Batman he isn't. He has two main titles, one is barely average the other was good. None of his games are successful and counting Man of Steel, that'd only be his second film in over two decades.

#60 Posted by MuyJingo (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

He is way too powerful. A kryptonian having a power boost from a yellow sun should not be anywhere near his level. Also, the kryptonian super intellect is nonsense.

#61 Edited by ComicStooge (12427 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in the slightest. He's no more overpowered then anyone else in his tier.

#62 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

He's under-exposed to be honest. Though not as under-exposed as the other DC characters not named Batman.

#63 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for me. The character and his mythology are timeless to me. All you need is to explore the mythos from new avenues. But the problem is that most writers fail to understand Superman, that's why they keep going back to the same Smallville-science-alien watering hole.

Then again really, the same could be said about any mainstream superhero. You might think that all that can be written about a hero/heroine has already been done - but really, all we need is a writer willing to push the boundaries. Hickman did it with the Fantastic Four. Warren Ellis did it with Iron Man by evolving him from a industrialist to a futurist. Even Morrison did it for Supes in All-Star Superman - by portraying Superman as not only a hero of myth, but a good man who gains his faith by believing in his adopted planet and its people.

#64 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling superman overdone is like calling mickey mouse overdone. He's not an anachronism, he's classic.

#65 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling superman overdone is like calling mickey mouse overdone. He's not an anachronism, he's classic.

#66 Posted by Lvenger (19067 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't beat the classics. His mythology, strong moral compass, honest decency and idealistic example are an inspiration for me. The problem is in the writers not getting Superman and relying on the same old stories over and over. Inventive stories from fresh writers are what's needed to show why Superman is the greatest superhero around.

#67 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.