Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Does anyone else hate Injustice's Superman?

• 62 results
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Aside from the fact that most of the Injustice Regime are complete jobbers, does anyone else hate this version of Superman? Frank Miller's Superman is more faithful to the character than this version.

The concept of Injustice was interesting but it just went over the top and some of it was downright laughable. The supposed 'feared' Superman was easily out punched by some alternate version.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I hate the fact that DC is spamming as with Evil Supermen.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frozen  Moderator
    Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Superguy1591

We're supposed to hate him.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By SanoHibiki

I think that Injustice is pretty faithful to “Superman kills someone/didn’t manage to save someone/Lois dies – Superman falls into depression/have a crisis of faith/goes on a Dark Side” – concept.

Every book has its pro and con moments. As much as I don’t like Evil Superman, in time when Superman was more grey figure in Injustice, there were plenty of badass moments. Overall as Elseworld stories go, Injustice is pretty fun to read – which reminds me that I still didn’t pick up Year Two. Time to change that.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Hell No! I like both sides. The Meta side and the Human side of the conflict. By far the most interesting one is WonderWoman and the way she relates to Superman. I feel that she is manipulating him for an evil purpose.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Yeah he is an a*** hole in this series...but in fairness he has had his moments right through the New 52 Universe..I do like the power side of Supes in this series however, boy he has really kicked ass!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frozen  Moderator

@lifeboy said:

Hell No! I like both sides. The Meta side and the Human side of the conflict. By far the most interesting one is WonderWoman and the way she relates to Superman. I feel that she is manipulating him for an evil purpose.

She never had power over him. Not once.

@bezza said:

..Yeah he is an a*** hole in this series...but in fairness he has had his moments right through the New 52 Universe..I do like the power side of Supes in this series however, boy he has really kicked ass!

He was not that powerful. He needed himself included and three other people to move Atlantis, only a fraction of the comic book Superman's power. He needed 4 people to take down Black Adam. Captain Atom beat him down, Alfred nearly beat him down and the alternate Superman easily beat him. The people he did kill were jobbers, even Martian Manhunter whom he nearly killed was revealed to have survived.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

So not that powerful AND an a*** hole. Not a lot going for him then really!!

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked injustice superman. I've always been a fan of the villains though. And this superman does remind me a little of KC superman.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Aside from the fact that most of the Injustice Regime are complete jobbers, does anyone else hate this version of Superman? Frank Miller's Superman is more faithful to the character than this version.

The concept of Injustice was interesting but it just went over the top and some of it was downright laughable. The supposed 'feared' Superman was easily out punched by some alternate version.

Hes relied so much on his power in this series he never bothered to actually learn how to fight. Reminds me of Mark Milton / Plutonion and all those other evil supermen. they never bothered to learn how to fight that when someone with strength rivaling his own comes along it's just a slug fest, if someone with strength comes along and they know how to fight then he's effed.

What issue are you reading right now? Up to date with teh year twos?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vehemently

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Hes relied so much on his power in this series he never bothered to actually learn how to fight. Reminds me of Mark Milton / Plutonion and all those other evil supermen. they never bothered to learn how to fight that when someone with strength rivaling his own comes along it's just a slug fest, if someone with strength comes along and they know how to fight then he's effed.

On that note, are you saying you wouldn't fear that superman? A powerless regular "you" would not fear a superman that got punched out by a superman?

Moonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice's story was terrible and unoriginal all around. Regime Supes was just the cherry on top.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By LyraFay
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@trueking95 said:

I actually liked injustice superman. I've always been a fan of the villains though. And this superman does remind me a little of KC superman.

He is nothinglike KC Superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@w0nd: Of course I would fear him, it's laughable that characters like Flash did. I'm up to date on the issues.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By w0nd
    @frozen said:

@w0nd: Of course I would fear him, it's laughable that characters like Flash did. I'm up to date on the issues.

the flash followed him for an even stupider reason...because he thought superman was going to do something great like change the world. they all did, and they were slowly corrupted. Thats actually worse than being afraid of him. in these universe they are feebs

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@trueking95 said:

He is nothinglike KC Superman.

Agreed. If anything, he's more like Red Son Superman.

And for crying out loud, THERE IS NO WAY AN ALTERNATE VERSION OF A CHARACTER CAN BE "UNFAITHFUL"! That's the whole point of Elseworlds, otherwise why bother reading it if you expect them to be "faithful" (ala, essentially the same) to the old or original versions?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

And for crying out loud, THERE IS NO WAY AN ALTERNATE VERSION OF A CHARACTER CAN BE "UNFAITHFUL"! That's the whole point of Elseworlds, otherwise why bother reading it if you expect them to be "faithful" (ala, essentially the same) to the old or original versions?

and

@lyrafay said:

@superguy1591 said:

We're supposed to hate him.

@frozen said:

Do you read the comics, or are you just referring to the game? Just curious, it doesn't really matter.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frozen  Moderator
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@marionettegeist: I've read most of them, to which they have poor writing.

I hope I don't sound like a d**k, but that was a pretty funny way to criticize their writing. Anywho, I like them. Their version of Superman is nothing like the comic one (but that's why it's non-canon, after all), but they nail the characterization of a lot of other characters, provide some nice humor every now and then, and are just overall fun to read.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I really do hate it, as much as I love injustice ( it really is an amazing comic & game ) I am tired of DC always doing this. Especially in the main universe, I mean Jesus freaking Christ how many times has Superman been brainwashed or manipulated by now? I could swear it's over 20 times, just in the post crisis universe.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep it's BS

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#28  Edited By Black_Claw

I'm getting tired of "Evil Superman" stories in general. Sheesh, Superman is not only the character that got DC into the comic book business but he's the whole reason the superhero genre exists in the first place, so why are they always going out of thier way to tear him down?

And the fact that the games ending hints at Evil Supes breaking out makes it even worse.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. No.

I've been told that I should but I don't.

Maybe because I'm not really taking it seriously. To me the events in Injustice seem to forced, has if in the multitude of choices that could have been taken, only the worst ones were chosen.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It's like people don't understand the concept of alternate realities

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hate seeing my favorite hero in pain but i also find it interesting to see what would happen. No matter how morally upright someone is they always have their breaking point. For this superman it was him being made to kill his own wife and unborn child. If we think about that, it's easily one of the most destructive things to happen to someone. I believe that he could of been redeemed after killing Joker but because of those around him not acting right or just plain abandoning him he fell even further. All because he didn't want anyone to go through what he went through. And to be honest can we blame him for finally making things right. I know that all the keyboard warriors think he's simply a blind dictator but look at how much power he has. Imagine him hearing all the wrong in this world, seeing human nature at its worst and still not intervening. That's gotta get under his skin, all he's ever wanted to do is protect people and he couldn't do it properly because he was bound by human thinking. But the normal Superman would never fall to this, he's simply too powerful mentally. That and the evil superman thing is getting boring now. They could go down the route with another hero but i think it sticks with superman because everyone knows him to be a big blue boy scout. For everyone else it wouldn't have the same effect.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By johnqestion

I do. Not because he is AU Superman, and dictator but because it was so poorly conceived to get him and Batman fighting. I dug Red Son and Kingdom Come because they actually do a better job at showing why he would be a fascist or so disillusioned. That is, raised differently with a whole different belief system; or KC which showed tragedy and difficulty with a more violent world over a period of years but he still never lost who he was. This Injustice guy has the same nurturing as the pre new 52 SM, had it all and the guy forgot himself and his morality overnight. His fantasy world showed a selfish man, who would faster taint his friends than himself and who let his kid do the dirty work. In short only Lois matters,not earth nor the people really, as long as he got her, he does not care really about heroism. Tragedy is something that should only happen to other people as long as it leaves him alone. And that for me is not a Superman I could care for.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By johnqestion

@soldierofel: The he accidentally killed his wife and unborn kid ...lois had only just found out about pregnancy...excuse for me is still weak. Superman would faster punish himself than others. Ie exile or prison or something like that. Not him be a hypocrite to suddenly realize it is a crappy world . Where was he living? For a reporter he seems very stupid and naive. World was always full of evil and many people suffer and lose family, loved ones , heck what the hell does he think war and civil war refugees see and experience? But you see, once it was not him,he was ok with it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator

It's like people don't understand the concept of alternate realities

Tell that to those who hate Earth One and The Dark Knight Returns version of Superman.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's an elseworld Superman, I really couldn't care less how faithful he is to the main Superman.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read some of the recent issues were it took place inside Superman's head.

Apparently, Jimmy Olsen isn't Superman's pal. Since in Superman's dream world, Jimmy stayed dead...

I'm not reading the the weakly anymore...

Just as I tried going back, the series quickly reminded me that even before all that happened to him, this version of Superman is still one of my least favorites.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki said:

I think that Injustice is pretty faithful to “Superman kills someone/didn’t manage to save someone/Lois dies – Superman falls into depression/have a crisis of faith/goes on a Dark Side” – concept.

Every book has its pro and con moments. As much as I don’t like Evil Superman, in time when Superman was more grey figure in Injustice, there were plenty of badass moments. Overall as Elseworld stories go, Injustice is pretty fun to read – which reminds me that I still didn’t pick up Year Two. Time to change that.

That was my answer from about 9 month ago. Since then I changed my mind.

While still not really hating him (Injustice is just Elseworld comics adaptation of the game with the same name) – not worth it imo – I grown to dislike him, very much so.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting tired of "Evil Superman" stories in general. Sheesh, Superman is not only the character that got DC into the comic book business but he's the whole reason the superhero genre exists in the first place, so why are they always going out of thier way to tear him down?

And the fact that the games ending hints at Evil Supes breaking out makes it even worse.

Yeah I grew tired of that trope as well. It's an excuse to make Batman look good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Likewise, the evil Superman trope is a poor man's tool for telling a Superman story without having to worry about keeping Superman as the 'Boy Scout' to quote what his haters say about him. Injustice is the worst example of the evil Superman trope as it goes out of its way to make Superman unlikable and irredeemable. Superman always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to turning a hero evil.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Likewise, the evil Superman trope is a poor man's tool for telling a Superman story without having to worry about keeping Superman as the 'Boy Scout' to quote what his haters say about him. Injustice is the worst example of the evil Superman trope as it goes out of its way to make Superman unlikable and irredeemable. Superman always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to turning a hero evil.

I feel like Injustice handled it well though, for the most part. At least when Tom Taylor was writing the title and in the first Injustice Game.

Through Taylor's writing you could see the love for the character and the dc universe in general making it so his descent into villainy was believable and it was handled well. Taylor also wrote him like an absolute beast until Brian Booch made him a jobber cuz why not.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I like Taylor's handling of classic Superman, that issue of Injustice about that flashback to Superman fixing that boy's bike was quality meta commentary on what the New 52 & MOS had done to make Superman darker and grittier. But I couldn't bring myself to like his handling of Superman's descent into madness. I just don't like that way of writing Superman period.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I like Taylor's handling of classic Superman, that issue of Injustice about that flashback to Superman fixing that boy's bike was quality meta commentary on what the New 52 & MOS had done to make Superman darker and grittier. But I couldn't bring myself to like his handling of Superman's descent into madness. I just don't like that way of writing Superman period.

I understand, although I generally enjoy seeing different takes on the Superman myth and idea I understand where you're coming from.

The issue you mentioned was phenomenal and yes the meta commentary was spot on, Easily the best issue in his run IMO. That coupled with his 3 issue Batman/Superman stint made me really eager to see him take on a mainstream Superman title one day.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

I don't really like the Injustice comics in general (the game is a lot of fun). Aside from the fact that, plot-wise, it's basically a rehash of Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme, it's also way too gritty and violent. I mean, do we really need to see characters like Jimmy Olsen and Ch'p get killed in brutal ways? Do we really need to watch a pregnant Lois Lane get strangled in space? Does that kind of stuff really appeal to anyone except troubled middle school kids (and those who are troubled middle school kids at heart)?

To answer your question, yes, I hate this version of Superman. He's a complete violation of everything Superman stands for, and he's a libertarian criticism of superheroes in general. He's a boogey man for people who worry their rights are going to be trampled in the name of the greater good, so of course a billionaire and self-made man has to be the one to take him down. Cynical garbage.

I feel bad saying all this because I like some things Tom Taylor has done with the material (the Green Arrow/ Harley Quinn story was pretty charming). I think he's just hand-cuffed by the concept and the fact that he's writing a story for a game created by the same dudes in charge of Mortal Kombat. I'd like to see Taylor do other things.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He's blinded by his hate, but it's like so overdone that it makes you wonder if Superman years of experience and working at this job really didn't teach him anything.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I hate the most about injustice is them jobbing Captain Marvel. In a matter of fact, that's something I hate what DC does, they make Captain Marvel pathetic.

Tidal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's basically Ultraman or whatever the evil counterpart of him was

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I understand, although I generally enjoy seeing different takes on the Superman myth and idea I understand where you're coming from.

The issue you mentioned was phenomenal and yes the meta commentary was spot on, Easily the best issue in his run IMO. That coupled with his 3 issue Batman/Superman stint made me really eager to see him take on a mainstream Superman title one day.

That 3 issue Batman/Superman story was one of my favourite New 52 Superman stories, though that was because Taylor obviously prefers writing classic Superman. I would like to see how he handles a mainstream Superman title in the future as well, maybe we'll get to see it one day.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@lvenger said:

Pffft, okay.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Pffft, okay.

You're mad cause it's true ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.