Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Do you think Thor's God Blast could kill Superman?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

...just wondering?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

NO STOP,PLEASE

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 - No idea. We'll have to wait and see.

Pre-52 - No. He withstood much more.

All-Star - No

Kingdom Come - No

DCAU - Most likely, yes.

Pre-crisis - Depends on the silver age-ery of the writer. Pre-crisis tanks a lot but is also more susceptible to his weaknesses back then. So yeah, depends. Most likely he won't be affected.

Reeve/Routh Supes - No. He's as much a PIS-powered creature as SA

Cavill MOS Supes - Like New 52, we'll have to wait and see. But if we are to use MCU Thor and his most powerful blasts, I'm thinking no.

Smallville - Beginning of the show, yes. Towards the end, no.

Dean Cain Superman - Perhaps, yes. He had varied power levels and durability but he's closest to DCAU Supes

JH Newton/Gerard Christopher Superboy - Yes. That guy is weak as hell against magic

Earth 2 - No. He is almost like Silver Age in terms of durability. Just a wee bit weaker.

Original Golden Age (1930's, not to be confused with above) - Yes. He was durable, not invincible.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serious

1,E2 superman isnt as powerful as E1 superman in Pre-crisis or Silver age

2,Wait,we needs use Pre-crisis/Silver age superman in this thread?!Almost infinite strength,god-like speed,Absolute invulnerability,this not need discuss

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Nope

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yep, it is magic based (one of Superman' weaknesses or does he not have them anymore?) and is capable of hurting stronger beings than Superman.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By mikex20

Unfortunately, probably not.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's very possible but not likely ,and I'm a huge Thor fan. It can be debated . You have to take into account which version of Superman, and remember he has died from brute force in the past. You also have to take into account which version of Thor we are talking about here, and whether or not he will use his full power on a mortal who has god-like abilities. Thor has been Omni-potent before .

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's very possible but not likely ,and I'm a huge Thor fan. It can be debated . You have to take into account which version of Superman, and remember he has died from brute force in the past. You also have to take into account which version of Thor we are talking about here, and whether or not he will use his full power on a mortal who has god-like abilities. Thor has been Omni-potent before .

I don't know how that is relevant, really. If we are to use the most powerful version of one character, then we might as well use the same with the other. So it would be like a Rune King Thor's Godblast against Superman Thoughtbot (or against One Million Prime, whoever...)

As for the brute force thing, I think it is safe to say that that was the weakest Post-Crisis Superman was at. Eighties to early nineties Superman was weak as hell to ensure consistency in his power levels. But eventually, that same incarnation became so durable, he was tanking supernova-type explosions... Quite a leap from his days of dying from punches that can't even level a single city.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serious

1,E2 superman isnt as powerful as E1 superman in Pre-crisis or Silver age

And yet in all of their encounters, Earth 2 Supes was never truly owned. Beaten, yes. Owned, no? Infinite-Crisis aside, Kal-L was still capable of giving PC Superman hell during all of their encounters. So yeah, E2 might not be as powerful, but they are on the same tier. he is below, but not that much.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: NO

E2 superman cant fly in the first appear,only more faster than a bullet,not too powerful even not as powerful as DCAU superman

When E2 superman can "fly" or fight to E1 superman,there never prove he has so strong, he never had any impressive feats,just because he can "fight"to superman isnt mean he as strong as E1 superman,Not to mention E1 superman always have PIS plot

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: NO

E2 superman cant fly in the first appear,only more faster than a bullet,not too powerful even not as powerful as DCAU superman

When E2 superman can "fly" or fight to E1 superman,there never prove he has so strong, he never had any impressive feats,just because he can "fight"to superman isnt mean he as strong as E1 superman,Not to mention E1 superman always have PIS plot

NO. Have you even read any of their fights?

You're getting confused. Earth 2 Superman is only the original 1930's Superman "in time span" but not entirely "in continuity". Earth 2 Superman is the Superman of the 60's in the JSA era. Not the 1930's Superman that you have described. There wasn't even an earth designation until the 60's. And during the 60's, DC created a new Superman in both Earth 1 and Earth 2. Earth 2 Superman just so happens to be older so they could justify him living in the era of the original Superman but they are not even the same in terms of power levels. I repeat, the original 1938 "True Golden Age" Superman is not the same as "Golden Age recurring at the same time as Silver Age" Earth 2 Superman. Earth 2 Superman DID BEAT Earth 1 Superman in their first encounter. And in their consequent encounters, he was a match (but got defeated) to Earth 1 Superman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PowerWoman

@ssejllenrad: NOT SAME?!

REAllY?Prove it,please,I really dont know there have two Golden age superman

No,That still not true,

No Caption Provided

This is E2 superman first time fight to E1 superman,he isnt BEAT him

Also,can you show me any E2 superman himself FEATS?Silver Age superman most of the time have ridiculous low feats,even someone beat him isnt mean this charater as strong as superman,or can do Silver age superman strength feats

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ssejllenrad

@powerwoman: Check the second "note" from this link. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two#Notes

Yes, it's a wiki, but it's what I've got right now. I'm still looking for the Wizard article from the late nineties that explained the same thing. I'll scan it and post it in a new thread once I find it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Ok,But i still dont think there have two different golden age superman,Unless the DC statement it

But focus is not this,E2 superman and E1 superman isnt in the same universe,they are was different Kryptonians in physical body,different origin,different history.Said E2 superman as strong as E1 superman is like Superboy-prime is a pre-crisis kryptonians so he was as strong as silver age superman too,no,I dont remember E2 superman has any feats could be match E1 superman,he never move planets,he never tank big bang or supernova,SA superman always has low show and feats,unless E2 superman himself have feats to prove it,if not,even he can fight E1 superman on the panel,he still cant move planets,cant move sun,cant do any E1 superman can do

Don't forget, the silver age logic is faulty

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godblast would do nothing

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
    supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

no

1) dc would never allow it. no magic has ever killed superman

2) superman survived dc equivalent of galactus magic blast that destroyed planets.

http://i.imgur.com/IPpBtdX.jpg

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not in one hit, no.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm both Superman and Thor fan, and I say that its depends. Thor's god blast strength depends much, so Superman could survive from normal blasts, but if that blast would be even near Thor's most powerful god blasts Supes would be nothing more than ash.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but it would definitely KO him.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Divell

Before saying something we all need to see what the God Blast is capable of: it has destroyed planets, and even kill gods (immortals by the way). While Superman with a god-like power lv he is still mortal he has been put in a "healing coma" by Doomsday and his cousin kara sore-el whom has power lv biggers than him has been obliterated by Darkseid's omega eyes. So yes he would be killed by the kame-hame-ha version of marvel God Blast.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Nope

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New52 Supes almost killed himself tanking point blank Nuclear Fission inside a Reactor.......Nor aware of his greatest past durability feats......God blast should kill or incapicitate most Supermen

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Nicolas Cage only say yes to movie scripts?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the superman new power ? I think not !!!

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God blast is a fluke and failed against Juggernaut .

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Does Nicolas Cage only say yes to movie scripts?

Yes...

No...

Maybe...

WAIT !

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he takes enough of them, eventually yeah, but he should he should be able to tank more than a few

New52 Supes almost killed himself tanking point blank Nuclear Fission inside a Reactor.......Nor aware of his greatest past durability feats......God blast should kill or incapicitate most Supermen

No, Superman was just about drained and fully weakened from the beating Zod gave him. Even with that he was able to take a point black nuclear explosion

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman tanks the godblast

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hell Naw

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would most likely kill him. This is an attack that Thor has pretty much only used on celestials. He doesn't use it any other time because it is far to dangerous for earth. It was also used to drive Galactus away. Superman is not tanking that.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@maccyd: Ok, i feel like people keep misunderstanding supermans weakness to magic. It is not that he gets killed by a magic attack.. It is that you can turn him into a bunny with magic.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Superman adapts to magical attacks all the time and gets stronger the more he overcomes the effects. If anything he should be originally anti magic, the dude has faced satan before and beat his ass.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An evil Superman on Earth-2 nearly killed Dr Fate. So magic doesn't ensure a victory for the person. But Superman probably wouldn't survive the god-blast since its magic. But Thor would have to use it, first, and what nearly got Dr Fate killed was that Superman creamed him before he could even mutter any magical enchantments.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't think so.

And by the way, hasn't Thor's god blast been removed? I mean wasn't Thor only able to do that attack while he had not only the Odin Force but also his Rune Magic?

Has of now, Thor is pretty much depowered. He no longer has the Odin Force, no rune magic, and to make things worst no Mjölnir.

But even if he had that power, I still doubt it would kill Superman. Yes, Superman is sujectible to magic, and has little defenses against it, but I'm not so sure has to what type of energy is used during the God Blast. If it's purely magic then Superman would most likely not survive, but if it's mostly just energy being released, then Superman could handle it.

After all Mjölnir releases and controls lightnings, and although the control is magic based, the lightnings themselves are not magical. So if the God Blast works on the same principles, Superman could take it on.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without the power of plot protection and being a money maker for DC?

Yup.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.