Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Do you think MoS will break the trilogy format?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Do you think Cavill will be up for more than just the possible 6 movies or will he be like Hugh Jackman and try to make as many as possible? I'm hoping they break that mold, there are so many villains that deserve some screen time.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's a JL concept but I wanna see Superman face Ultraman (double the Cavill handsome). Hopefully in some sort of Multiverse destruction story line and we get to see Earth 2 Superman as well *sigh* a boy can dream.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By W3BST3R

@saint_wildcard: who's Earth 2 Superman? The multiverse angle might be a tough sell to mfs real audiences.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: Kal-L

X-men is doing time travel, it's pretty much the same thing. I wanna see the Anti Monitor as a villain.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daiohnysis

Make that Superman look like Christopher Reeve

People will be pissed

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis: I'm tempted to say Brandon Routhe should play Earth 2 Superman

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis: I'm tempted to say Brandon Routhe should play Earth 2 Superman

It would be funny because in Mos superman doesn't have a weakness against Kryptonite (at least for now), They could make him use it to beat Earth 2 Superman.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I read interesting theory that MOS is Justice League 1, BVS is Justice League 2 then the big event Justice League...But I think breaking a trilogy format is a good idea, the superhero genre needs a bit of change from that.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Good idea, but how would that work? Would he have the trunks? I'm unfamiliar with his origins.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11 frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: Kal L (the one in your picture) is the one from Action Comics #1. He was resurrected in the New-52 but made younger and basically Darkseid's minion. His story-telling has gone down the toilet.

And Ultraman is probably dead now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly hope so. Trilogies feel so limited and there is always more story to be told

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: Kal L (the one in your picture) is the one from Action Comics #1. He was resurrected in the New-52 but made younger and basically Darkseid's minion. His story-telling has gone down the toilet.

And Ultraman is probably dead now.

-_______-

None of that matters. MoS doesn't have to follow continuity to the T. Kal-L can be an older wiser Sujperman in a Multiverse destruction storyline.

@w3bst3r said:

@saint_wildcard: Good idea, but how would that work? Would he have the trunks? I'm unfamiliar with his origins.

He's basically an older Wiser Superman. He could have the trunks or just have a different looking costume.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By HumanRocket

As long as they films do not lose quality over the number of films he comes out in I don't mind seeing more than 3 films.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they films do not lose quality over the number of films he comes out in I don't mind seeing more than 3 films.

Honestly if they don't wanna break free of it, they could always do SM/BM films...... but the mainstream kids might not wanna see it as much as a JL movie.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@humanrocket said:

Honestly if they don't wanna break free of it, they could always do SM/BM films...... but the mainstream kids might not wanna see it as much as a JL movie.

A JL film would be nice but there are other stories and characters I would want to see him deal with before that. Mainly something with Darkside in it.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Thatd be cool, kinda like the Superman that came back in the Batman/Superman comic? I'd love to see Superman 1M, but it wouldn't go with the grounded reality in the MOS universe.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frozen  Moderator
    SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were some articles in Web where was said that Affleck sighed for set number of DC movies, the same situation with Gadot. So, I think Warner Br. still having “trilogy” approach to DCCU.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SaintWildcard

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: Yes it does. There shouldn't be another Kal L.

There is only one Kal-L. MoS is Kal-El and Ultraman is Kil-il, know the difference.

They wouldn't be in the main DCCU, they would only appear in a JL movie in a multiverse story (you'd also get more Batman's if that makes you happy). I don't know why you bring up continuity.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

There is only one Kal-L. MoS is Kal-El and Ultraman is Kil-il, know the difference.

They wouldn't be in the main DCCU, they would only appear in a JL movie in a multiverse story. I don't know why you bring up continuity.

You shouldn't be educating me on the difference. Your OP makes no sense. If you get your wish of Superman vs Evil Superman, be prepared for Superman III level garbage.

No. WB aren't going to do that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@frozen said:

They wouldn't be in the main DCCU, they would only appear in a JL movie in a multiverse story. I don't know why you bring up continuity.

You shouldn't be educating me on the difference. Your OP makes no sense. If you get your wish of Superman vs Evil Superman, be prepared for Superman III level garbage.

No. WB aren't going to do that.

The OP question is if Cavill/WB will do more than just 6 movies with Superman or will they stick to trilogies. The second post is just me saying a dream of mine that has nothing to do with the OP. Also there is a big difference between Superman 3 evil Superman and Ultraman. Besides they wouldn't be fighting them (maybe a small tussle in the middle of the movie) but it would be an adaptation of Infinite Crisis where the Antimoniter is going to destroy the DCU and the Universes are spitting heroes left and right.

And yes I now WB might not do it (not for the reasons you state), but I think there is at least a 5% chance of it so let my dream goddammit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.