do you think Man of Steel will be good

• 127 results
#1 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

ive been waiting for a good superman movie so that non comic book readers batman fanboys and marvel fanboys can eat there words and show some respect for the last son of Krypton

#2 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: He sucks as a character so no.

#3 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i doubt you've ever read a superman comic

#4 Edited by TheThe (1709 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder and Nolan teaming= Good and smart blockbuster with stunning visual effects.

#5 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: I'm a bit worried about a few things, for instance supes randomly having TK, but hopefully it will be good and will start a build up to a justice league movie

#6 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope that they dont try to make it to dark because superman isnt a really dark charecter. it might have worked with batman but not that much with supes

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully. Superman needs it.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Knowing the team behind the project, it may be unnecessarily dark. Dark and bad are not mutually exclusive, especially regarding Superman. I hope it will be good.

#9 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

I have very high hopes for the movie. Same script writers and musicians as the Batman trilogy, Snyder on visuals and directing and a cast out of which I have yet to see a name I don't like. On paper, it's an excellent movie.  

And let's hope so. Supes deserves a good one.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: My worry is that what works for Batman may not work for Superman, Simply put Superman is not meant to be a dark, gritty character so I hope they don't try to force him to be@SuperShafe: Superman does have some level of tactile TK in the comics, its how he can lift buildings without them crumbling under their own weight.

#11 Posted by Dernman (13997 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperShafe said:

@ratman19: I'm a bit worried about a few things, for instance supes randomly having TK, but hopefully it will be good and will start a build up to a justice league movie

What? TK?
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: I'm thinking it will just be tactile TK which he has displayed many times in the comics by holding up things that every law of physics clearly states should crumble under their own weight if lifted

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so!

#14 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Kal'smahboi: My worry is that what works for Batman may not work for Superman, Simply put Superman is not meant to be a dark, gritty character so I hope they don't try to force him to be

Superman isn't a dark, gritty character but they can put him in some dark, gritty situations, which is fine. As long as Superman himself flies up toward the Sun at some point and smiles at the end, it's a good day. He needs to keep his hope high in the dark situations that he will be presented with.

I've heard this fear voiced a few times, that Nolan made a couple of great, dark Batman movies, but that movie wouldn't work for Supes. I have faith in Nolan and think he was simply doing right by Batman's character and would do the same for Superman. But that's just me.
#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: Nolan is a great director, its just that his movies always seem to end on a bit of a pessimistic note and one of the things I've always loved about Superman is that no matter what the situation is Supes always hopes for the best.

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. i have a bad feeling about this.

#17 Posted by Dernman (13997 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Dernman: I'm thinking it will just be tactile TK which he has displayed many times in the comics by holding up things that every law of physics clearly states should crumble under their own weight if lifted

Oh ok then. I hope it doesn't get explored beyond that.
#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: so none of that Superman 4 inexplicable ability to rebuild the great wall of china by looking at it stuff for you?

#19 Posted by Dernman (13997 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: ug no that would be bad. :p
#20 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: That's fair enough and I understand people's reservations about it but if you want to talk about consistency, Nolan also hasn't made a movie I didn't like or done something wildly out of character. Maybe it's my Superman-like optimism, but I really expect a good movie that's true in tone and characterization.
#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: actually my biggest concern is Snyder, he did an Okay job with 300 and Watchmen, but Superman is a whole other ballgame

#22 Posted by The_Tree (6414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

@ratman19: He sucks as a character so no.

With Goyer writing, Nolan producing, Snyder directing, Hans Zimmer doing the score, and then the amazing cast of Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, and Russel Crowe, this movie will be great.

#23 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Kal'smahboi: actually my biggest concern is Snyder, he did an Okay job with 300 and Watchmen, but Superman is a whole other ballgame

The only thing that really worries me about Snyder is his propensity toward idealized and dramatized backgrounds. He loves his CGI backgrounds and it comes off as fake sometimes. Snyder is great at action and graphics and he really doesn't need to worry about directing the actors because the film has an all-star (and highly acclaimed) cast, including at least one Shakespearean actor. Non of these people need much direction. Superman is a huge undertaking, but I think the pieces were put in place well.
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: I know they have a new composer but I still hope they have the old John Williams theme in there somewhere, cause that has got to be the most fitting hero theme music ever

#25 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Ya know, half of me says that, too, and would like to at least hear an Easter Egg or have a short bit of music derived from Williams' piece, but the other half would like to see a new Superman movie made from scratch without tribute or homage to the Donner movies.
#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty: you suck as a poster, so get out.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: not sure if anyone noticed, but you have never said anything nice about anything DC. So your words not worth much.

#28 Posted by TAneT62 (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

It better be.

#29 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: i am not obligated to say anything i dont believe. i dont believe this movie will be good. track record is on my side anyway. and how kind of you for monitoring ALL my posts and keeping a record. you are a walking advertisement for dc. so your word is not worth much.

#30 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@ratman19: I'm just curious, are you against Nolan's Batman movies?
#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@sethysquare: i am not obligated to say anything i dont believe. i dont believe this movie will be good. track record is on my side anyway. and how kind of you for monitoring ALL my posts and keeping a record. you are a walking advertisement for dc. so your word is not worth much.

you are not obligated to troll

#32 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: i can say my opinion. you can take it as you will. and stop trying to make me look like the bad guy because im not praising to the high heavens what dc is doing. it makes you look desperate and pathetic. i have dispensing bad opinions on what dc AND marel are doing.

#33 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: lol u are the one that is pathetic n desperate.

#34 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: and you said i was trolling. oh the irony. now im going to be the bigger man and walk away. hope you dont bother me again with your 'remarks'.

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: just as long as you stop trolling in dc forums. If you have NOTHING good to say about anything DC take the high road and walk away. always. Or it makes you look bitter and silly.

I have a preference for DC. Doesn't mean I go troll in marvel boards

#36 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: i dont monitor your postings because i dont care. and i can post wherever i want. many other people have said bad things about this movie and yet you only call me out. the other superman movies have been shit and so far i see no reason for this one to be any better. and AGAIN SORRY FOR NOT PRAISING DC. I GET IT NOW. YOU TAKE OFFENCE AT THIS. WELL I DONT CARE. EVERYBODY HAS AN OPINION. IM EXPRESSING MINE. SO QUIT BEING A DICK AND LET ME EXPRESS MINE. YOU DONT IT LIKE WHY DONT YOU TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND WALK AWAY IF YOU'RE SO HIGH AND MIGHTY? I HAVE LET PLENTY OF HATERS OF MARVEL, WOLVERINE HATERS, STORM FANBOYS SLIDE. BUT YOU CANT LET ONE BAD OPINION ABOUT DC SLIDE. YOU HAVE TO BE THE PROTECTOR OF ALL THAT IS DC. HOW ABOUT YOU HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSSINESS! GOD THEY GET WORSE EVERY YEAR.

#37 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@kainscion_isretarded: oh hey sethysquare. how smart of you.

#38 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: i see ur hate messages in every dc forum. Every f*cking one of them. Ill quote your posts to show u how stupid you look. But I believe a troll know when he is a troll. So good luck.

#39 Posted by CODYSF (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

The Movie will rock I know it will.

#40 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty: i dont know about that. but he did make an account to freely curse at me. i send pm to mercy.

#41 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@kainscion_isretarded: oh hey sethysquare. how smart of you.

lol. thats not me. i saw the pm just now, not sure where it went. lol but yeah kainscionisretarded i love ur nick

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, get back on topic.

@sethysquare: Saying 'i have a bad feeling about this' or whatever it is that Kain said, isn't trolling.

In addition, there's no need to insult other users, in the future, please refrain from doing so. Thanks.

#43 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty: im sure the mods can track the ip

@Mercy_: i guess i can write hatemessages in all the marvel thread then. have u seen his posts.

#44 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so to be honest in the past I thought Superman was lame probably by the movie superman returns (that was when I was not yet in comics) but I conclude that this isn't fair to the character so I'm going to buy the Action comics trade when it comes out. And an awesome movie should work.

#45 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Cautiously optimistic.

#46 Edited by TheThe (1709 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@KainScion: not sure if anyone noticed, but you have never said anything nice about anything DC. So your words not worth much.

LOL

#47 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

no...I haven't seen anything from the movie that's made me thing otherwise either...maybe the trailer will do it but at this point I'm seriously doubting it....Superman is one of the greatest characters ever created and it really upsets me that some writers think that the only way to writer a good Superman story is by changing everything about him

#48 Posted by Billy Batson (56933 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

With Goyer writing, Nolan producing, Snyder directing, Hans Zimmer doing the score, and then the amazing cast of Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, and Russel Crowe, this movie will be great.

Goyer can be either good or bad, haha.
BB

#49 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

no...I haven't seen anything from the movie that's made me thing otherwise either...maybe the trailer will do it but at this point I'm seriously doubting it....Superman is one of the greatest characters ever created and it really upsets me that some writers think that the only way to writer a good Superman story is by changing everything about him

change everything = underwear to no underwear?

Until now, no one knows exactly what is going on in the movie, I'm pretty sure it will stay true to the character, the supporting characters in the movie has stayed the same and description about him still looks similar. Except that he stopped wear underwear on the outside, which you expressed you didn't like it. Perhaps you have snippets of news that you know writers changed everything about him, do share.

Other than that, I think he is still the kal we love.

#50 Posted by TDK_1997 (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope so.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.