Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Do you like Superman Unchained?

• 67 results
    ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Do you like Superman Unchained? (103 votes)

Yes 88%
    No 12%

I have been hearing good and bad about Superman Unchained, so I thought to pick it up for myself. I actually like it. The art is fantastic as well. What are your thoughts? Have you read it? Do you like it? Why or why not?

• 
    MeloDet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lvenger: Unless the reason why he left was that they wouldn't let him cut off Superman's arm. Which seems the likely case, since if you consider Superman's circumstances at the end of Diggle's issue it seems probable that the infection would have been the reason to cut his arm off.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@melodet: That is only a rumour from Bleeding Cool. But if that's the case, then damn that's quite a difficult situation to put Superman in. Not sure how I feel about that.

MeloDet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, I wouldn't have put too much stock in it if not for the fact that in issue 20 his hand is fine, yet there is also somehow a duplicate hand? It seems like it was originally intended for Dr. Veritas to have cut off his arm to stop the infection.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lvenger

@melodet: Yeah that's probably how Daniels was told to resolve the infected arm crisis instead of having Veritas cut the arm off.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with @melodet. Looks like Snyder had this plotline for quite some time. I even remember issue before Pre-52, when Superman takes part in some demonstration in one of Middle East countries. Official have hissy feet, arms shapers with K-ballet and demands from Supes explanation. He says that, basically, his actions shouldn’t be any longer presumed to be representation of American government’s stance on things. So, if that story were told in Pre-52, then Snyder plot was in development even longer.

I both enjoyed and disappointment with New-52. Morrison created in his AC nearly ideal portrayal of Superman for me. Anything can be said about his writing style, but he can create presence, the image, his Superman was simulatiosly fully living, emotional character with strong personality, not too shy social crusader while having Legacy-of-Superman-like feeling to him. Guess it only expected that when good writer leaves the title, his successors can’t live up to his standard.

Still, plotline of S U looks promising, dialogues well written, and that is Lee’s art. So yes, I like it too.

mkukie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this series A LOT Jim Lee is second to none IMO for artwork (unless I'm reading Batman by Capullo, MAYBE) I'm very interested in learning more about this other super powered being, who rocked Supes like a boxing speed bag!

KKNinty347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KKNinty347

Does anyone know when the next Superman Unchained story arc starts?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kkninty347: The next issue is out in October. As for the next arc, I'm not certain of that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow, an 89% approval rating so far. I certainly like it. Better than many superman titles I have read in recent years. Also, less knocking of the New 52 titles. There are some duffers out there, but also some good ones and I still find myself buying more DC comics just now than Marvel ones, although this is probably partly due to my fondness for Superman, Flash and Green Lantern just now and the fact that my favourite Marvel Character - the Silver Surfer - doesn't have his own comic and I'm not comfortable with the Superior Spiderman!

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

It's better than what Superman and Action Comics have been publishing the past 3 months. So far, in my opinion, it's the best Superman book right now.

This, pretty much.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

It's better than what Superman and Action Comics have been publishing the past 3 months. So far, in my opinion, it's the best Superman book right now.

This, pretty much.

yes , Superman unchained has been good (not ecceptional) since the first issue and it is getting better with each number. However i think that (for now) Batman/Superman is still the best title for Superman.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By EnigmaLantern

@toptom said:

@enigmalantern said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

This, pretty much.

yes , Superman unchained has been good (not ecceptional) since the first issue and it is getting better with each number. However i think that (for now) Batman/Superman is still the best title for Superman.

I love the art so much in Batman/Superman but I find Superman Unchained better simply because its focused on Superman himself (only saying this because this topic is about Superman only) and the story is actually great, far better than Action Comics and Superman have been able to publish as of late.

But if we talk about ANY new 52 title featuring Superman then Batman/Superman and Superman Unchained are both joint top.

Superman321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it from the beginning first pages until now. I cannot wait to see where it goes.

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope. it is really bad

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's alright . Not as good as Snyders Batman or The Wake. I'm dropping it for Action Comics when Pak takes over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.