Do you guys like the supes/wonder woman thing?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I do the whole lois lane angle was really stale this,is a welcomed change.

#2 Edited by Squalleon (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Personally I do the whole lois lane angle was really stale this,is a welcomed change.

Sorry for being kind of a douche but there already are threads for this topic

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/superman-and-wonder-woman-should-they-be-together-or-not/92-728783/#95

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/supermanwonder-woman-appreciation-thread/92-741390/#20

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/wonder-woman-supes-and-scott-lobdell-oh-my/92-743563/#15

one of them is even in the first page!

#3 Posted by Bruxae (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it just feels wrong somehow.. I guess id rather have WW with Supes then anyone else, but for Superman.. I dont know, I just like him more tormented, then again im a relatively new reader so I havent had time to grow bored of the "Lois deal".

#4 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like it at all. I think that Wonder Woman will become basically known as Superman's girlfriend which would be a step in the wrong direction for her. A lot of people dont like because they think she is a female Superman. She has to get a way from that. Also think of it long term if they do come a couple for good then DC reboots again who is going to read a series about Superman's girlfriend.

@Z3RO180: Lois was created to be his love interest in fact Jerry Spiegal and Joe Shuster wanted to marry them early in their history like in the forties. The Romance between Lois can be reinvented on other ways. Like Lois justs loves Clark not Superman or she is a government agent who is partnered up with him or She is secretly another Krpytonion who been living on earth for a century.

#5 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind to as long as it's temporary and preferably over within the next year. In the long run Superman should be with Lois.

#6 Posted by Teerack (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

It made Booster Gold disappear so nope.

#7 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I think it is. I what is going to break them up is that the public will find out will start to fear them during the trinity war and since Superman and Wonder woman are caring to how the public view them they will break up.

#8 Posted by THORSON (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

#9 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent towards it.

#10 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggin' it . . . let's make another thread about this :)

#11 Posted by deaditegonzo (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the pairing. If they had to split Lois and Clark up in the reboot, I did not just want to see him pining and longing for her while she went out and had a good time. Honestly, that story is old and overdone, even their long term marriage was more interesting.

I think it would be interesting to see Supes and Wonder Woman become the new status quo, maybe even settle down, after some dating on the side. Id like to see Supes and Wonder Woman get explore different possibilities this time around. For a while there, even while dating other men, WW was just pining after Supes, and that wasnt totally fair to her character. She should date around (skip the Bat, he always seemed like the most forced relationship, and he's dull in a romance), he should date around (Zatanna, AMIRITE?), then maybe they should settle down. Lets make the most of this reboot, cause right now it is pretty much just a retelling/

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo I totally agree

#13 Posted by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the pairing. If they had to split Lois and Clark up in the reboot, I did not just want to see him pining and longing for her while she went out and had a good time. Honestly, that story is old and overdone, even their long term marriage was more interesting.

I think it would be interesting to see Supes and Wonder Woman become the new status quo, maybe even settle down, after some dating on the side. Id like to see Supes and Wonder Woman get explore different possibilities this time around. For a while there, even while dating other men, WW was just pining after Supes, and that wasnt totally fair to her character. She should date around (skip the Bat, he always seemed like the most forced relationship, and he's dull in a romance), he should date around (Zatanna, AMIRITE?), then maybe they should settle down. Lets make the most of this reboot, cause right now it is pretty much just a retelling/

That is the only part of your post that I completely second. Make it happen DC

(She's only ever been with guys that are terrible for her (looking at you Constantine and Necro), he's got problems with magic. Interesting relationship dynamic right there)

#14 Posted by deaditegonzo (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: Plus, shes Zatanna. WW may be a demi-god, but Zatanna is the most attractive comic book heroine.

/CreepModeOff lol

#15 Edited by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@akindoodle: P

lus, shes Zatanna. WW may be a demi-god, but Zatanna is the most attractive comic book heroine.

/CreepModeOff lol

I'm gonna pretend to be a guy. This is my creepy nerdy boy mode on. So, Zee is "hot" right? Fishnets are very attractive to men I'm sure. But fishnets versus demi-goddess (daughter of arguably the most sexually active being in existence. She had to have inherited something, right?) in one piece bathing suit that screams JINGO... and fishnets win? Explain yourself

#16 Posted by deaditegonzo (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

lus, shes Zatanna. WW may be a demi-god, but Zatanna is the most attractive comic book heroine.

/CreepModeOff lol

I'm gonna pretend to be a guy. This is my creepy nerdy boy mode on. So, Zee is "hot" right? Fishnets are very attractive to men I'm sure. But fishnets versus demi-goddess (daughter of arguably the most sexually active being in existence. She had to have inherited something, right?) in one piece bathing suit that screams JINGO... and fishnets win? Explain yourself

Actually, for me its all about top hats... LoL

#17 Posted by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle said:

@deaditegonzo said:

/CreepModeOff lol

You are forgiven. I dig top hats too... but that make your point even less sensible; hat versus half nekkid demi-goddess? On a slightly related note did you see the new costume they're giving her? WHY?! What were they thinking?! It stinks! Keep the current look and stick a top hat on her head. It'll work just fine!

#18 Posted by deaditegonzo (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@akindoodle said:

@deaditegonzo said:

/CreepModeOff lol

You are forgiven. I dig top hats too... but that make your point even less sensible; hat versus half nekkid demi-goddess? On a slightly related note did you see the new costume they're giving her? WHY?! What were they thinking?! It stinks! Keep the current look and stick a top hat on her head. It'll work just fine!

Oh wow, I hadnt seen it, just looked it up and its pretty lame. More Superhero-y? Yeah, I guess so, but the traditional costume was just so good. She looked like a Vegas Magician!

And truth be told, I like a lot about Zatanna. She has a mysterious air about her, and a bit of a dark side. Her traditional costume is both adorable, and extremely flattering, accentuating her assets. The top hat also falls in the adorable category. Fish net is always a plus, especially to a leg man. And she has darker features. Kind of like a more mysterious Wonder Woman really.

See, now that really was creepy, lol

#19 Posted by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: The Vegas magician look will always be the best and this is coming from someone who was rather open minded about the costume changes. I like Zatanna too and that's an apt analogy; she is the WW of magic as John Constantine is the Batman (no, really he is. The man gets EVERYWHERE). And as much as I love Constantine, she has pretty bad taste in men so far...

I'm still nerd raging over that ridiculous cape they gave her. I can even tolerate the weird tux but the cape is inexcusable. There was a reason she was on the JL DARK! They're not SUPERHEROES! They're barely a League. They called themselves that ONE TIME as a JOKE. Why she leave anyway? Haven't caught up in a while but I hear she did.

#20 Posted by deaditegonzo (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: Unfortunately, due to the limited number of books I can get to, I havent been able to follow JL:Dark. But I heard the same thing, and while I dont know the in-universe reason for her leaving, but I suspect the real world reason has a lot to do with her joining the Justice League reserves, and probably being involved with Trinity War.

#21 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like it at all. I think that Wonder Woman will become basically known as Superman's girlfriend which would be a step in the wrong direction for her. A lot of people dont like because they think she is a female Superman. She has to get a way from that. Also think of it long term if they do come a couple for good then DC reboots again who is going to read a series about Superman's girlfriend.

The relationships been going on for a while now and she isn't known as Superman's girlfriend. It's Superman and WonderWoman i a relationship. Besides it's good publicity for her as well. She's always been known to be a match in power with Superman-----female Superman since he's better known.

I would much rather try anything to get her into the lime light because there are not many women superheros as famous as her. In fact she could be the only one with Cat woman.

#22 Posted by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I believe we've derailed this to a "Zatanna Rocks" thread. PM me if you wish to continue this interesting discussion. Sorry viners

#23 Posted by momo111191 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

no i like batman ww more

#24 Edited by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think that WW is more suited to Orion...but that's just IMO

#25 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Superman and Wonder Woman getting together and Booster Gold disappearing has to be the best thing since self-slicing bread.

#26 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

#27 Posted by veronicacris (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Superman and Wonder Woman getting together and Booster Gold disappearing has to be the best thing since self-slicing bread.

Why? Booster Gold is a very cool character, he made succcess when was in a Smallville episode. I was unware that SMWW made Booster disappear, one more reason to not like the pair. Orion and WW yess.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

F*ck no. It's like shipping Luke and Leia.

#29 Edited by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

No but its better than the Orion thing.

#30 Edited by TDK_1997 (14465 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was meh but now I am HELL NO!

#31 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish that there were more build up to the relationship.

It would have been cool to see Steve and Diana together for a moment while having Clark contemplate he and Diana together for a moment, but disregard it because he thinks that he can't compete with someone like Steve . . . a little humility, a little self doubt.

The romance is something that should have been done in 5 years after some back and forth, some hinting and dismissing and having the character develop some true knowledge of one another.

#32 Edited by Akindoodle (979 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

F*ck no. It's like shipping Luke and Leia.

I actually LOVE this comparison so much; strangely and creepily apt

I actually think that WW is more suited to Orion...but that's just IMO

You're not alone friend

#33 Edited by Teerack (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper said:

@teerack said:

Why? Booster Gold is a very cool character, he made succcess when was in a Smallville episode. I was unware that SMWW made Booster disappear, one more reason to not like the pair. Orion and WW yess.

I consider Booster a much better character then Superman and Wonder Woman combined.

#34 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I consider Booster a much better character then Superman and Wonder Woman combined.

Well his name is Booster Gold after all . . . what's not to love?

This whole Orion/Wonder Woman thing must be a chick thing, I just don't get it. You ladies really do love the bad boys. . . .

#35 Edited by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think it's boring. To me, it's like seeing the most popular girl and boy in high school together, makes me want to puke.

#36 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

This whole Orion/Wonder Woman thing must be a chick thing, I just don't get it. You ladies really do love the bad boys. . . .

Yeah, that's not it. Just that DC have as much respect for female characters as they do for stories written before 2000. That is to say, none.

#37 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that's not it. Just that DC have as much respect for female characters as they do for stories written before 2000. That is to say, none.

And the Wonder Woman relationship with Superman is disrespectful?

#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And the Wonder Woman relationship with Superman is disrespectful?

The Orion/WW thing.

#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (6323 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt how on earth is DC disrespectful towards their female characters ?

#40 Posted by consolemaster001 (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

NEINNEINNEINNEIN

#41 Edited by veronicacris (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@press_oblivion said:

@teerack said:

Girls like interesting boys, it's not like Orion is that bad boy. He has a really nice friendship with Diana's brother Milan. Even with Diana he had a good moment. Different personallities, similar origins, they have good material to work. Superman and Diana are superheroes, same team, what more? the way Johns portrayed SMWW relationship was really disrespectiful for WW. 5 years later and clark is teaching things she already knew.

#42 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@veronicacris: Is that what you're calling bad boys these days? . . . Clark wasn't teaching her anything . . . Diana said something to the effect of " I really don't know that much about you" . . . .Clark says "Let's change that." . . . . . where is the disrespect in that?

#43 Posted by veronicacris (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@veronicacris: Is that what you're calling bad boys these days? . . . Clark wasn't teaching her anything . . . Diana said something to the effect of " I really don't know that much about you" . . . .Clark says "Let's change that." . . . . . where is the disrespect in that?

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/39416667455/worstof2012 it is in the worst things of 2012 in this list. It only serves Superman, who show her the world, secret identity. WW is so passive

At least with Orion I expect to see her side too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.