Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Do you agree with Superman that..

• 52 results
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

Batman is the most dangerous human and JL member?

I think the human part should go to Lex imo.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hal Jordan is. That ring is a lethal weapon when used creatively and Hal, when he gets out of his own way, has been shown to be quite creative with it.

Neither Batman or Lex are dangerous, Most people in Superma's weight class can make quick work of both.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blackhawk000111

I agree with him.

@superguy1591:

Hal Jordan is useless without his ring Batman and Lex are far more capable

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No. It's just more Batwank.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Batman is the most dangerous human and JL member?

I think the human part should go to Lex imo.

Actually I don't think that he said that Batman was the most dangerous JL member. I know that once he said that Martian manhunter was the most powerful JL member.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

Well, Batman could be considered as “most dangerous human in JL” just because he is pretty much a single candidate for that title (Lanterns pretty much replacement for meta-humans for story sake imo). But “most dangerous human” – nope, not seeing it. Both Lex Luthor and Ra’s al Ghul are both more deserve of being called as such.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Superman is useless without his powers, Flash without his speed...

Doesn't make Hal any less dangerous with that ring. The ring could formulate a way to bring down everyone in the JL and implement the plans without needing billions of dollars or an entire corporation like Lex and Bruce.

The ring also doeent need the league of shadows, it can implement all the plans at once. Hal is the most dangerous person on Earth.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think the JLA Classic, tower of Babel proved how dangerous Batman could be...

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superguy1591

@bezza: No, half of those were pure PIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman is a dangerous guy but the most dangerous human. Not really. I'd say death stroke, Ra's and luthor are way more dangerous . Dangerous league member is just stupid. I'd be way more frightened of the guy that incinerates planets in staring contests or the king of a advanced underwater nation which can invade and easily destroy the surface world and who has dominion over the sea. Or the guy with the most powerful weapon on his finger. Or the warrior princess who is also a god and can go toe to toe with superman. So yeah he's not that high on my threat list.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Hal is basically a meta human with his ring .We r talking about people without superpowers.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@bezza: Actually it mostly proved that Ra’s al Ghul is more dangerous. Because there is no way batman could do all of that, if Ra’s al Ghul needed hundreds of henchman to do the work.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Because Batman had the resources and willingness to get shi* done

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea. Batman is limited by his no kill policy. I believe Supes said the most dangerous human in the world. I think he meant most cunning. Not most dangerous in a terrorist type way.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I think the JLA Classic, tower of Babel proved how dangerous Batman could be...

well not really, those plans were stolen and then changed to become lethal,, those weren't batmans exact plans and he wasn't the one who executed them...plus they were stolen from him so someone is clearly more dangerous than batman.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely!

Batman has contingency plans for almost every case, and he has been creating tech that would enable him to defeat any of the other members of the JL if he needed to, with the strange exception of Wonder Woman.

In fact that is so true that when he showed Kal the box contingency plan he had for Wonder Woman, it was empty. That's when he said that Superman is his contingency plan, because he's the only one powerful enough to take her down.

He's the man with the plan. Always preparing for the worst.

In many ways I would like that Superman had some of his characteristics.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So everyone agrees.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck no. I'd go against Batman over any of the JL.

Beata

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely!

Batman has contingency plans for almost every case, and he has been creating tech that would enable him to defeat any of the other members of the JL if he needed to, with the strange exception of Wonder Woman.

In fact that is so true that when he showed Kal the box contingency plan he had for Wonder Woman, it was empty. That's when he said that Superman is his contingency plan, because he's the only one powerful enough to take her down.

He's the man with the plan. Always preparing for the worst.

In many ways I would like that Superman had some of his characteristics.

You want Superman to be a brooding, paranoid man who spies on his teammates and continually shouts that everyone is a threat that needs to be planned for instead of taking care of problems that actually exist? Pre-52 has shown what Batman's paranoia has brought Gotham and the world in general.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nope.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a flesh and blood weak human,any other member of the league could kill him in less than a second.

The rest of the league are pretty damn powerful,physically or by the power they control.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Isn't that basically what the white Martians thought of him before they got owned?

Using a weakness a 8 year old could do.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Vandal Savage, Lex Luthor and Ra's al Ghul have each been called "the most dangerous man on Earth" as well, at different points of time. It's just a trite epithet that gets tossed around.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is definitely one of them. I don't think lex is more dangerous though, he's not as versatile or skilled.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superguy1591

@jayc1324: asides from martial arts and detective skills, Lex is Bruce is superior in everything.

JuJuTrain91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: asides from martial arts and detective skills, Lex is Bruce is superior in everything.

Disguise? Escapology? Stealth? Driving? Weightlifting? Climbing? Running? Jumping? Literally anything that doesn't have to do with being academically smart?

What a ridiculous statement, Lex only ups Bruce in one department, and even then Bruce is extremely clever, he's just not Lex clever.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he may have been exaggerating a bit

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Superguy1591

Disguise? Escapology? Stealth? Running? Jumping?

I was counting his ninja training as part of martial arts so all this is pointless.

Driving? Okay, Batman got that. Lex doesn't really drive. And I was talking only about intellects, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: lex is only Bruce's superior in some areas of intellect, like science and inventing. But even then Bruce is still amazing in those areas

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: you yourself said he isn't better in detective work so you know it's not all. Not even close. Psychology, maybe biology, tactics/planning, criminology, and detective stuff I would all give to batman. Even in inventing batman still has awesome feats, I know he built a teleporter once, he helped design brother eye, and he built the batcomputer which is arguably the best, most powerful computer in the world. Lex is better but still, Batman's great at that stuff.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Psychology and criminology, sure, Lex never studied that. Biology and tactics? no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Biology maybe, tactics most definitely. He uses them every day, its his best area besides detective work.

JuJuTrain91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disguise? Escapology? Stealth? Running? Jumping?

I was counting his ninja training as part of martial arts so all this is pointless.

Driving? Okay, Batman got that. Lex doesn't really drive. And I was talking only about intellects, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

How could you have only been referring only to intellects, but then refer to his martial arts skills?

Anyway, Bruce is a superior battle tactician and strategist.

JuJuTrain91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@superguy1591: Biology maybe, tactics most definitely. He uses them every day, its his best area besides detective work.

He is quite obviously a better tactician and strategist, he is essentially a soldier.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Batman is definitely dangerous not doubt about that but I think Flash would serve an even bigger problem if he ever went rogue.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345:

I said some of his characteristics, not his whole personality. Take into account what I really say and don't make me repeat myself.

Look, Superman definitely needs to make more contingency plans, prepare himself for every situation, instead of always expecting the best in people and then being trapped in a situation that he can't solve by himself.

And like Batman it wouldn't hurt him to hone his skills, to train himself to be better and not always expect that his powers are gonna solve every situation. He needs to become a better fighter, better strategist, improve his scientific knowledge and find out the limits to his powers and improve every aspect of them.

You know, this is the problems with comics, a character rarely evolves, when I read Manga, the characters in the stories have to continually improve themselves because their enemies do the same. And for some reason in comics I rarely see the heroes improve their skills, only the villains do that. And to me that's plain stupid, and the most unreal thing off it all. It's not the powers, it's not the tech, it's the seemingly apathy of most heroes.

Yes, Batman may be paranoid and many times he crosses the line, but unlike others that many times are caught with their pants down he at least learns from his mistakes and tries to become better.

Its no wonder that when they show an apocalyptic scenario, like in Future's End and others in pre-52, Batman is alive and Superman is dead.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say it's Lex, simply because you can't really get to him emotionally. At least not as much as you could Bruce.

Batman is emotionally vulnerable because of people like Grayson. If you can't get to Bruce, you can get to Grayson and Bruce will come running.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rofl, no. Batman is overrated.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

A lot of people have been call that and a lot of people deserve to be called dangerous and Batman is one of them. But I can't exactly say that he is most dangerous one.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@saren said:

Vandal Savage, Lex Luthor and Ra's al Ghul have each been called "the most dangerous man on Earth" as well, at different points of time. It's just a trite epithet that gets tossed around.

Bane,Kobra etc.

@scouterv said:

I say it's Lex, simply because you can't really get to him emotionally. At least not as much as you could Bruce.

Batman is emotionally vulnerable because of people like Grayson. If you can't get to Bruce, you can get to Grayson and Bruce will come running.

Sure you can,just tell him Superman is better than he ever will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.