Did Krypton Have Any Enemies?

#1 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

Did the planet of Krypton, before it was destroyed, have any enemy alien races?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean rivals, like how the Kree have the Skrulls or just people who didn't like them?

#3 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Zero

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Their sun. Or their planet core. Depending on the story.

#5 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: He meant,nations and/or empires enemies....

@ComicStooge: It's says they made a lot of enemies,but their names never was revealed...except the coluans

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by danhimself (22320 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

http://www.comicvine.com/kryptonians/65-45710/enemies/

This list has the Thanagarians listed, I don't know why. But during the New Krypton saga, Earth and New Krypton were enemies as well.

they were also enemies with the Thanagarians during the New Krypton story arc weren't they...it was either them or Rann...something about stealing a moon

#8 Posted by tensor (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Daemonites

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Maybe that's what it was, I'm still in therapy for the trauma Superman: Grounded caused me.

#10 Posted by Onemoreposter (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Last Arashikage said:

Black Zero

Ah, indeed, but the great origin John Byrne created has been all but eradicated. I don't think Black Zero even exists in the current continuity.

#11 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, thanks guys.

#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth One Kryptonians had Dheronians

#13 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Was there a relationship between Krypton and Daxam?

#14 Posted by Onemoreposter (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Nah, I think both have actually been traditionally non-space faring races. This point has been particularly made about Krypton since the late 80s and I remember they reinforced the point about Daxam in an early post- IC storyline. For one this idea helps to make it more understandable why their are so few Kryptonians who survived the destruction of Krypton and 2 it gives us a reason why the Daxamites (who are kryptonian level) aren't everywhere in the universe as well.

@ComicStooge: Actually, that is sort've an answer to your question as well. Krypton has mainly kept to itself though out most of it's history and has been especially xenophobic and isolated for the last 25 years or so.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Daxamites are descended from Kryptonians hence their similar abilities but they are far enough away from them that they have a different weakness.

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: @joshmightbe: Thanks for the info!

#17 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Krypton have any contact with the Green Lanterns?

#18 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: I forgot to ask..it's pre-new 52 or new 52 Krypton?

#19 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@ComicStooge: I forgot to ask..it's pre-new 52 or new 52 Krypton?

No version in particular, just if Krypton had any enemy races in any interpretation of their culture, pre-destruction (New Krypton doesn't count).

#20 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: Ohh OKay.

It's isinuated that Green Lanterns already visited Krypton,since they have a database about them and Daxam

#21 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@ComicStooge: Ohh OKay.

It's isinuated that Green Lanterns already visited Krypton,since they have a database about them and Daxam

Cool!

Why haven't they done a story about Lanterns on Krypton? That'd be awesome!

#22 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge:After the fall of Kryptonian Empire,they became xenophobic,no one could leave the planet and so with the other races could not get involved in their affairs,space travel was prohibited,so when Krypton exploded there was no escape craft or space cruisers in order to escape. The same happened with the Daxamites,the only difference is that their planet still exists.

#23 Edited by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@ComicStooge:After the fall of Kryptonian Empire,they became xenophobic,no one could leave the planet and so with the other races could not get involved in their affairs,space travel was prohibited,so when Krypton exploded there was no escape craft or space cruisers in order to escape. The same happened with the Daxamites,the only difference is that their planet still exists.

And Sodam Yat sacrificed himself in order to turn Daxam's red sun back to yellow, which in turn gave them all powers, right?

So why are they (the Daxamites) still xenophobic?

#24 Posted by SmashBrawler (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

Actually...

Tomar-Re was the Green Lantern of Sector 2813, which was also home to another planet: Krypton. In Superman 257, it is revealed that Tomar had the mission of estabilizing the planet until Jor-El would be able to evacuate the population of Krypton. This was very important to the Guardians because the offspring of Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van would no doubt become the greatest Green Lantern of them all. Of course, Tomar-Re fails his mission thanks to a nova that temporarily blinds him, Krypton explodes and only a few escape the planet's destruction.

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: Because they thought that if other races are involved or live on their planet,would destroy their culture...they began to be like this,after the end of the Kryptonian Empire, after all it is possible that they are a kind of ''cousin'' race

#26 Posted by ComicStooge (12076 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@ComicStooge said:

Actually...

Tomar-Re was the Green Lantern of Sector 2813, which was also home to another planet: Krypton. In Superman 257, it is revealed that Tomar had the mission of estabilizing the planet until Jor-El would be able to evacuate the population of Krypton. This was very important to the Guardians because the offspring of Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van would no doubt become the greatest Green Lantern of them all. Of course, Tomar-Re fails his mission thanks to a nova that temporarily blinds him, Krypton explodes and only a few escape the planet's destruction.

Damn! That's pretty cool!@matchesmalone21 said:

@ComicStooge: Because they thought that if other races are involved or live on their planet,would destroy their culture...they began to be like this,after the end of the Kryptonian Empire, after all it is possible that they are a kind of ''cousin'' race

Interesting.

Wow, this Kryptonian/Daxamite history is awesome and you've been able to answer all my questions too.

#27 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: :) You're welcome,If you have another question just ask and I will awnser!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.