Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Did anyone else know this?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

Superman's stomach is a nuclear reactor:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Looks 90s, I'm guessing Scott Lobdell.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@superguy1591: no this is early 200s and J.M. Damatteis or however you spell his name.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This means he can eat more than Goku! Take that DBZ fans!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The inside of his body is like a furnace,this story is where I got that idea,which makes perfect sense seeing as though that's how he gets and uses his energy for his powers.

BTW it has already been said that he has a mind full of raw psionic energy like a furnace also during the psi war story,so he converts solar energy into psi nice energy which allows him to use his amazing powers.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy's old costume looks so dated...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ah, the good ol' days!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy's old costume looks so dated...

It looks really cool to me.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that's a thing that got gotten about

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Weird.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I read at the time. And although interesting, at the time I couldn't stop thinking "Well, that explains Superman more natural and basic biological necessities, like sh*t and p*ss. He simply doesn't sh*t or p*sses because everything that goes in doesn't come out"

Altought looking at it know it almost looks like his body works more similar to a black hole than a nuclear reactor.

Either way it was nice to remember this scene tough. Thanks!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SanoHibiki

Yep, I’ve read it. Pretty fan read it was, for real ;-)

Guess that answers how Superman can survive without eating and drinking on only sunlight. If his body converts food into pure energy, then in presence of outside energy source (our sun) he doesn’t need anything edible to sustain him – and he even doesn’t produce any wastes lol.

In all honesty though I believe it should be other way around. Superman, even getting his abilities via energy absorption, isn’t classified as energy-based being. So basically, sunlight should be converted with striking efficiency into chemical energy, to make everything a body needs – nucleic acids, amino acids, glucose, etc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

No I did not know this, though it's been a while since I read that Kryptonite tumour story. It does make sense in a pseudo scientific way though it could be better if sunlight in Superman's body gets converted into all the nutrients and chemical compounds the body needs to survive.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how big Superman's deuces are. Do you think he shatters porcelain on the reg?

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes i did know this and it didn't make sense,still that story was a funny one.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I wonder how big Superman's deuces are. Do you think he shatters porcelain on the reg?

It is confirmed that Superman doesn't go number 2. Kryptonian physiology has evolved enough to fully convert food in nutrients. No joke.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here said:

It is confirmed that Superman doesn't go number 2. Kryptonian physiology has evolved enough to fully convert food in nutrients. No joke.

No way. I do not accept they would make up some crazy fact that allows them to say "Superman doesn't poop" just like a woman who sits on the toilet and finds her happy place so she doesn't have to accept the shame that comes out of her rectum.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess this means that this explains all the energy that superman gets from just a little sunlight.

I gotta say I like the idea this issue introduced. Going subatomic in nature just opens up more possibilities if you ask me. Considering Supes gets energy from heat from the earth. Electricity or magic from an enchanted sun or even energy from a green lantern ring.

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I didn't know they went on magic schoolbus. Now, nuclear's not a thing. atoms aren't real.

what is real, elements, or substances?

there's thought, Force, but like, Superman's power source is will, and energy is infinite or Superman never was, Creation, never was

Air, Ion, Green, Will | Water, Adara, Blue, Hope | Sex, Rise, Violet(pink), P****, it's called a knowing, the last part, will is a knowing, of air, so then | Ash, Sho, Black(white), Witness | Flame/Heat, Ophidian, Orange, Intuition | Blood, Truth, Red, DNA | Fear, Sinestro, Yellow, Pain | Lightning, Static, Sky, Idea

and, Unity, Faeth, Golden light, Love

those are your elements, you can't break them down, either, the lantern corps are real, or the periodic table in pseudoamerican school, today, is real,

you can't have both, no atoms, How about a comic where he talks to Atlas, who holds the planet up? Or we just make fun of Bizarro, for going on secret missions alone, and acting like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders

but like, Steel is Jon Stewart? definitely, sounds like that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.