Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Death of Superman: New 52 Edition

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Folks, is it me, or do feeling that Superman's death is going to happen after the "TRUTH" arc?

Tell me what you think?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they sort of glossed over Superman's death in the New 52? I mean, it could happen, but I feel you're more likely to see the death of Clark Kent as opposed to Superman.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989:

Don't think that's gonna happen. In fact I think it already happened.

In the New 52 we've seen characters mention that event, we've even got a scene in the Daily Planet, when Perry was talking to Clark for him to return to the Daily Planet, and on the wall, framed, was a news article that said The Death Of Superman.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989:

Here. I didn't even remembered I had that image in my arquive of the most important events I see fit to keep, just in case.

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

As others said it did happen. But I personally wouldn't be looking forward seeing it again since it is a very overplayed concept.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

The continuity of it is very confusing. It supposedly has happened, it's been referenced in other comics aside from the Superman line and even in Superman Doomed #1, Dr Veritas implied Superman had fought Doomsday before in its 'larval form.' On the other hand, some of Soule's writing in Superman/Wonder Woman otherwise implies that this is the first time Superman has encountered Doomsday in the flesh. Textbook New 52 DC continuity and inconsistencies in this example.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

A clear example that DC Comics left and right hand, don't know what the other is doing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger:

A clear example that DC Comics left and right hand, don't know what the other is doing.

Pretty apt analogy, can't disagree with it either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.