DCnU Superman supporting cast

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Another factor Superman also seems to lack, is the area of supporting cast. Sure we have Perry, Lois and Jimmy....But that's it! Now that the Kents are dead, Superman needs more people part in this area.
 
Who do you guys think should return to Superman? or should they just create new characters?
 
New characters I would like to add another love interest for Supes. Maybe one with Superpowers or something..
 
Man it would be cool if DC decided to use the character me and @ssejllenrad created...

#2 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you had in mind exactly?You want a somebody who can fight villains along side with superman?There's superdog I guess or they can use superboy and supergirl.Does he still have one of those superman robots he keeps at the fortress of solitude?He can use that.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking he meant outside of them.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering it's a New universe, why not new characters?

Moderator
#5 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Put a girl in there (BESIDES LOIS) that is attracted (strongly) to Clark and that he is attracted to as well and make them go out on some dates.

If they are going to drag out this eventual marriage between Lois and Clark have Superman date someone in the meanwhile.

Really not interested in seeing him pine away at her for agessssssss and act like nobody else on the face of the planet exists.

True love is great but the way they write his attraction for her really makes him come off as too pathetic. (<only time you can use that word when referring to Superman and I am the only authorized person to do so)

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: How about Superman actually loving someone else other than Lois.
#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Kallarkz: How about Superman actually loving someone else other than Lois.

Sadly i know that that will never happen so i'm just trying to shoot for the next best thing.

If they would have said however in some interview before this relaunch that Superman will not be ending up with Lois I bet that would have caught some interest with a lot of people.

Including myself.

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: Well it would be cool if Superman can actually love someone outside Lana and Lois. Smallville he did. But they all ended up dead...
#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Kallarkz: Well it would be cool if Superman can actually love someone outside Lana and Lois. Smallville he did. But they all ended up dead...

I would love to see something like that happen and for it to be something that would last years.

It has worked for Peter Parker.

He has had girlfriends that readers have accepted that were not Mary Jane and after a while they grew on me.

Not quite sure why DC believes the same thing would not work for Superman.

Some fans though are just really dedicated to that sense of tradition.

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

@SandMan_ said:

@Kallarkz: Well it would be cool if Superman can actually love someone outside Lana and Lois. Smallville he did. But they all ended up dead...

I would love to see something like that happen and for it to be something that would last years.

It has worked for Peter Parker.

He has had girlfriends that readers have accepted that were not Mary Jane and after a while they grew on me.

Not quite sure why DC believes the same thing would not work for Superman.

Some fans though are just really dedicated to that sense of tradition.

And that's the problem. No progression.
#11 Posted by Dernman (14754 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Lois is Superman's Ms Right but I'm ok with him having a Ms Right Now.

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the only way to add more powered supporting characters is to have him date a meta human or alien.

It is true that Superman have tons of supporting characters, other jimmy, perry, ron troupe, lois lane, lana lang, pete ross, ma kent, pa kent, cat grant, morgan edge, steve lombard, dan turpin and etc.

Except, none of these characters can hold their own book.

Which is why I thought its a pity that Chris Kent is now outta continuity. That would be the only pity for Superman in dcnu. But no worries because Chris Kent is back in Superman family adventures and I'm sure he will be back in DCnU. Hopefully popular enough to hold his own comic. Hopefully we get to have Inifinity Inc or another book of this sort, operating in metropolis.

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare said:

I think the only way to add more powered supporting characters is to have him date a meta human or alien.

It is true that Superman have tons of supporting characters, other jimmy, perry, ron troupe, lois lane, lana lang, pete ross, ma kent, pa kent, cat grant, morgan edge, steve lombard, dan turpin and etc.

Except, none of these characters can hold their own book.

Which is why I thought its a pity that Chris Kent is now outta continuity. That would be the only pity for Superman in dcnu. But no worries because Chris Kent is back in Superman family adventures and I'm sure he will be back in DCnU. Hopefully popular enough to hold his own comic. Hopefully we get to have Inifinity Inc or another book of this sort, operating in metropolis.

Outside of Jimmy, Lois and Perry...We don't see those characters that much and that is a problem.
#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@sethysquare said:

I think the only way to add more powered supporting characters is to have him date a meta human or alien.

It is true that Superman have tons of supporting characters, other jimmy, perry, ron troupe, lois lane, lana lang, pete ross, ma kent, pa kent, cat grant, morgan edge, steve lombard, dan turpin and etc.

Except, none of these characters can hold their own book.

Which is why I thought its a pity that Chris Kent is now outta continuity. That would be the only pity for Superman in dcnu. But no worries because Chris Kent is back in Superman family adventures and I'm sure he will be back in DCnU. Hopefully popular enough to hold his own comic. Hopefully we get to have Inifinity Inc or another book of this sort, operating in metropolis.

Outside of Jimmy, Lois and Perry...We don't see those characters that much and that is a problem.

Which is not very true. They appear alot, just nothing much is being done to them. DCnU also created a ton of new characters working in daily plant and the other subsidiary co. Lois is working in. Like Heather Kelley, Miko and William Mccoy, Izzy Izqueido but again, none of them can hold a solo.

#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare said:

@SandMan_ said:

@sethysquare said:

I think the only way to add more powered supporting characters is to have him date a meta human or alien.

It is true that Superman have tons of supporting characters, other jimmy, perry, ron troupe, lois lane, lana lang, pete ross, ma kent, pa kent, cat grant, morgan edge, steve lombard, dan turpin and etc.

Except, none of these characters can hold their own book.

Which is why I thought its a pity that Chris Kent is now outta continuity. That would be the only pity for Superman in dcnu. But no worries because Chris Kent is back in Superman family adventures and I'm sure he will be back in DCnU. Hopefully popular enough to hold his own comic. Hopefully we get to have Inifinity Inc or another book of this sort, operating in metropolis.

Outside of Jimmy, Lois and Perry...We don't see those characters that much and that is a problem.

Which is not very true. They appear alot, just nothing much is being done to them. DCnU also created a ton of new characters working in daily plant and the other subsidiary co. Lois is working in. Like Heather Kelley, Miko and William Mccoy, Izzy Izqueido but again, none of them can hold a solo.

...Are you referring to them getting an ongoing? Because that's not what I am referring too...
#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Dernman (14754 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because he has friends with powers doesn't mean they have to fight along side him. I would kinda like to see him with a friend who isn't such a good guy.

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: yeah that is what im refering. He doesn't seem to have tons of supporting characters that can have an ongoing unlike Batman.

#19 Posted by Dernman (14754 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that Superman more then most could pretty much call on anyone for help. Thought he doesn't really need it.

#20 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

It is true that Superman have tons of supporting characters, other jimmy, perry, ron troupe, lois lane, lana lang, pete ross, ma kent, pa kent, cat grant, morgan edge, steve lombard, dan turpin and etc.

Except, none of these characters can hold their own book.

That's why they're the supporting cast. They're not supposed to hold their own books. They're supposed to make Superman's book richer.

Not to mention that it's flat out not true. Remember Supergirl, Supberboy, Steel, Power Girl and others?

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: yes but not incomparison to batman's supporting character

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Only because Batman has more people using his name than any other superhero ever.

But you're still missing my point that it's not the supporting characters' job to hold a book.

#23 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Always liked the interactions between Steel and Superman, would be cool to see him about Metropolis more. I also wanna see more MAXIMA!!! she could be the character that gets Superman going on more cosmic level adventures. Would be awesome if Supes and Maxima went to war world and fought Mongul together.

#24 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:

Always liked the interactions between Steel and Superman, would be cool to see him about Metropolis more. I also wanna see more MAXIMA!!! she could be the character that gets Superman going on more cosmic level adventures. Would be awesome if Supes and Maxima went to war world and fought Mongul together.

Indeed.
#25 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Leo Quintum

#26 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually what about Lucy Lane? she has returned to comics as a normal person. Seems there could be something between her and Clark in Superman comics currently.

#27 Posted by Dernman (14754 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how long before someone says Chloe Sullivan. I liked her on the show but I do not want the type of relationship in the comic. Meaning I don't want her to know he is Clark is Superman or helping him.

#28 Posted by Lvenger (18371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Put a girl in there (BESIDES LOIS) that is attracted (strongly) to Clark and that he is attracted to as well and make them go out on some dates.

If they are going to drag out this eventual marriage between Lois and Clark have Superman date someone in the meanwhile.

Really not interested in seeing him pine away at her for agessssssss and act like nobody else on the face of the planet exists.

True love is great but the way they write his attraction for her really makes him come off as too pathetic. (<only time you can use that word when referring to Superman and I am the only authorized person to do so)

Seconded. This is the most important thing about the New 52. Lois is already finding a new love interest, why not Clark?

#29 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: Who do you think should be?
#30 Posted by Lvenger (18371 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Well I had hoped that Heather Kelley would be a start. There was hints that she liked Clark so I thought it would be good to put those two together. However Superman #6 pretty much scuffed that idea. In any case I'd want either a new interesting love interest like Heather Kelley for Clark. Not a super powered girlfriend like Maxima or Wonder Woman.

#31 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: Could work....So would Maxima and WW if done correctly...
#32 Posted by Lvenger (18371 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Maxima's usually depicted as a hot headed ruler who desires a mate as strong as her. Unless they make her more calm and virtuous in the New 52 which would demean the nature of Maxima's character, I don't think the Superman/Maxima pairing works. As for Wonder Woman, the relationship she had with Steve Trevor seems to be played up more in Justice League and besides I've always preferred the two of them as friends and close allies rather than love interests.

#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: A good writer could do it.
 
I wish Superman had a Dick and Jason  analogues.
#34 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Lvenger: A good writer could do it. I wish Superman had a Dick and Jason analogues.

I agree.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Kudos for being one of the only people who prefers Kal as not having Wonder Woman as his love interest.

Moderator
#36 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Doesn't have to be WW :P. But it doesn't have to be Lois either :P
#37 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

you know what would be awesome guys? if lena luthor, lex's sister, had a crush on clark or they were dating or were a couple once. that would spice up things right?

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Of course not. I don't mind if they they get together eventually after a few years but in the meantime, give Clark a brand new relationship, a brand new character. Is that not the point of this "New" universe?

Moderator
#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: I nominate Zatanna.
#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: As Clark's love interest? I can't agree with that. Fits more with Batman.

Moderator
#41 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32813 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel and Guardian should be regulars.  
 
I have no idea why pepole think putting two super heroes together as love interests is a good idea. It's the most ridicules creatively bankrupt idea in comics "Oh hay guys this hero has super strength and can fly, oh and so does this one, one is male and one is female, OH I know lets make them a couple" that's bullsh!t right there 

#42 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: >_> You don't know that.
#43 Posted by The Stegman (23133 posts) - - Show Bio

I say give him a female roommate kinda like who Babs has in Batgirl, or maybe make him friends with Steel...another good idea would be to incorporate Professor Hammond from the animated series into the comic.

#44 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Mala? Like in TAS.

#45 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I also want a detective gordon type character as a supporting character.

#46 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

Im finding i disagree with most of jonny's opinions

#47 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

Not lois lane.i cant stand lois lane

#48 Posted by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: TAS Superman was great! I do wish that they could try to make more stories similar to that type of Superman. That, or hire Paul Dini to write some Superman stories.

#49 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
Not lois lane.i cant stand lois lane
Indeed...
 
I would give Superman a Nightwing analogue. Maybe a son from an alternative timeline.
#50 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@HolySerpent said:
Not lois lane.i cant stand lois lane
Indeed... I would give Superman a Nightwing analogue. Maybe a son from an alternative timeline.

He had Chris Kent. Then they aged him up and now he is retconned out :(

But its alright, he is in Superman family adventures.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.