DC Unveils Cover to SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE Sequel

• 59 results
Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

Today DC Comics has unveiled the cover to the sequel to J. Michael Straczynski and Shand Davis' SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE.

The official release date should be announced shortly. What did you think of the first one? This is what we thought when we first read it.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't have some new name for the sequel?

#2 Posted by moviegeek17 (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

about time this is coming out! can't wait :)

#3 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

First one was a great read, loved the art as well. I look forward to a sequel.

#4 Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: "Volume Two"?

Staff Online
#5 Posted by inferi22 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

it is the new 52 suit with unerwear, What!?!

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32818 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferi22 said:

Its just the same as the one in Vol 1. 

I cant wait for this I loved the first one, also hoping they will release something about Batman Earth One soon
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@aztek_the_lost: "Volume Two"?

ah, I gotcha...I guess "Superman: Earth One #1"/"Superman: Earth One #2" just sounds weird but I guess it wouldn't make sense for this to be Superman: Earth Two...

#8 Posted by NightFang (9903 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, who pissed Superman off?

#9 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read it, JMS is my hero...

#10 Posted by igbarriga (32 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks pissed hahaha

#11 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

I am always hesitant about Superman comics but I really,really, liked Earth One. I'm actually excited for this!

#12 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't read the first one. But i don't know how i feel about this cover. Its cool in theory but when you look at it closely...Superman looks kind of awful. The emblem is way off, the chest and the abs are weirdly drawn. His red-undies are weirdly short. Idk i want to like it but it's just not right...it's not liefield or booth bad but it's not good :/

the fire and skeletons look awesome though

#13 Posted by kennybaese (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the first one, so I'll definitely be picking up the second.

#14 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

While my excitement level for Batman: Earth One is much higher... I admit that I am looking forward to this one being released. While a lot fans may've bashed the first volume, I enjoyed it for what it was at the time. And allowing this character to act as a new angle on the character... well, the more the merrier. I hope the financial success is as strong with volume 2.

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

While my excitement level for Batman: Earth One is much higher... I admit that I am looking forward to this one being released. While a lot fans may've bashed the first volume, I enjoyed it for what it was at the time. And allowing this character to act as a new angle on the character... well, the more the merrier. I hope the financial success is as strong with volume 2.

Same.

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

still with the underwear?

#17 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy about the sequel, but the art of the cover looks horrible.

#18 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is better than the first one. Vol 1 was good, but wasn't great. I think a lot of that had to deal with the fact that it was just another origin story. Hopefully now that they with flesh out the world this story will be better than the first.

#19 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Rising Stars - JMS masterpiece

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#21 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I may only like Supes in the movies(Superman 1 and 2) and the cartoons and Smallville, but I did really enjoy the first one so I'll be checking this out.

#22 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! but what about Wonder Woman Earth One?

#23 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Liking the cover. The S on his chest seems a little weird though

#24 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Shield looks "fatter" (was going to say wider but that wouldn't have done it justice) to what it looked like in the first issue.

Can't stand the posses or strange body twistings Davis draws Superman in. He looks like he's tightrope walking while his chest is pointing at the reader but his whole torso is pointed to the left (from Supes perspective, to the right from ours).

I'm not an artist by any means but its strange to me how some of these guys are professionals given how they draw the human body sometimes.

#25 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is in keeping with the first volume then I'll be happy to read it.

#26 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this but not really liking the cover.

#27 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people moaning about the underwear? if you don't like him in his classic look go read Superman comics where he doesn't have it. Earth one is the closest thing to classic comics in the current multiverse and Superman should wear this suit.

Personally I loved Earth one, but I also loved the New 52 version of Superman also, both are different characters even though they are both kryptonians and are both Clark Kent and have simalar powers.

I hope in some multiverse crossover 52 Superman meets up with Earth one Superman.

#28 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely amazing. I still need to get the first hardcore/TP but when I get the money its so mine. That cover looks great.

#29 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good...

#30 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice costume, if a little dated ;).

#31 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8895 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome cover for the sequel. I enjoyed the first Superman Earth One I hope the sequel is even better. So, far the artwork for the cover is promising for the sequel.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (23139 posts) - - Show Bio

"The day Superman got angry and killed EVERYONE"

#33 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art work. Well done.

#34 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Shivers! Oh nerdgasm had me again... :D

#35 Posted by speedstermike (23 posts) - - Show Bio

If this one goes well and so does batman hope they do more like The Flash, GL, WW, and Martian Manhunter

#36 Posted by AmoralBatman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedstermike: YES! I'd love to see a Martian Manhunter version.

The first one was great, I'm even using it as a related text in english for a bit of variety =)

#37 Posted by TheHT (72 posts) - - Show Bio

A Superman comic that actually looks interesting? Well I'll be.

#38 Posted by pelletboy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody know where this Earth One fits in the New 52 multiverse? Is it still part of the new multiverse or is it located in another mutiverse altogether?

#39 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't blown away by the first Earth One but it was a fun read, this looks interesting though, And really looking forward to the Batman one.

#40 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we still gettin' Batman: Eath 1? Looked good.

Anyone else like the fact that this version is still in the classic costume while the main Superman is updated?

#41 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@pelletboy:

It says it on the cover this is Earth one Superman, as in Superman from earth one. The new 52 Superman and characters in trade are from Earth 0 or Earth zero

#42 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gylan Thomas:

Batman earth one comes out next year, it can be pre ordered in Amazon

#43 Posted by entropy_aegis (14396 posts) - - Show Bio

Why bother seriously,do we need it at this point?

#44 Posted by Billy Batson (57777 posts) - - Show Bio

we so excited.
BB

#45 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@hitechlolife said:

Nice costume, if a little dated ;).

Classic, and so much better than the DCnU one!

@inferi22 said:

Look, no silly armour or kneeepads, classic hairstyle, realistic yellow belt. Nope, looks like the pre-New 52 costume/Superman. :P

#46 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@pelletboy said:

Anybody know where this Earth One fits in the New 52 multiverse? Is it still part of the new multiverse or is it located in another mutiverse altogether?

its just like a one shot. its a different superman entirely.

#47 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Underwear...

#48 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman with underwear.....the way he should be

#49 Posted by _Stryke_ (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I haven't picked up a Superman book in some time.

#50 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

we so excited.
BB

Excited as well.
The first did well as a primer to build the universe, now the universe is set, so I want to see where the story goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.