DC

Posted by Omega The Supreme Being (132 posts) - - Show Bio

why does dc comics keep on rewriting the dc universe like every other year its kinda annoying

#1 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

They update it every ten years so that it doesn't get confusing.

#2 Posted by Barbie (830 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
"

They update it every ten years so that it doesn't get confusing.

"
Thus creating more confusion. ;)
#3 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Barbie:
It only gets more confusing if you bother looking for a problem. It doesn't matter what happened in Superman books ten years ago but what is happening now.
#4 Posted by Barbie (830 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: In the end it becomes pretty hard to tell what's continuity and what not. "Was this story arc pre or after the last start?" For the beginning it is pretty fine since you can simply start anew but in the following years old issues and new ones will mix in your head till you can't tell what was new continuity and what was new. (At least that's my problem most of the time lol)
#5 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Barbie:
Why should continuity matter at all? All that matters is if you read a story you enjoy.
#6 Posted by Barbie (830 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: Well, I guess that's just my personal taste. To enjoy a story I want to see continuity in it, to see repercussions of it haunting the character's life. Somehow I feel happy when I read a new story and they mention an old one and I think "Hey, I've read that! Cool, they're still mentioning that." I want to read comic with an extended background and (at least more or less) logical character development. It's like a big saga depicting a hero's way to what he is and I want to feel at home in it. Infact breaks in continuity even make me a bit angry and thus enjoying the story less. I'm simply one of those terrible contiunity readers. lol In the end it all comes down to my personal taste.
#7 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Barbie (830 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.