Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

DARKWORLD THOR 2 is going to OUTSELL the new Superman

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's sad to see characters like Batman and Spider-Man and others destroying Superman in the sales competition. The management have no idea where they are going with Superman, they even called him uncool in one of their statments. They lost the charm and funny reporter Donner and Christopher Reeve made, John Williams is gone, and Superman is way too goth and gritty today.

WB and DC is being managed by idiots

Thanks to people like Nolan and Donner, the DC cinematic brand has stayed alive

At least we are getting Zod because another Returns would be dreadful

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

People would watch the Death of Superman.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel is gonna decimate!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason Thor 2 might do better is because it's riding on the avenger's success, Thor is pretty awesome to me in comics but in the movies he's underwhelming.based on the trailers MOS is lookin way better!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I doubt that, the Superman name alone will probably get quite a few people in. Look at Superman Returns that movie is almost universally hated and it still made 400 million$

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night...

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

It just has to be good, Its going to sell well no matter what but being good is going to push it over the edge.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Superman will do better at the box office IMO. This movie is carrying the Nolan name, a beast trailer and has a lot of hype. Superman Returns is considered a failed effort but it stil made like 600 million.

Thor will be riding high off Avengers fame, but Superman has been a figure in the public consciousness for decades already.

All these things considered, my money's on Man of Steel to make more. It also looks better. That Thor trailer just seems like another popcorn flick prelude to another Avengers movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares as long as bothmake a profit which is what might translate to more sequels and spin-offs. I can't imagine anyone's movie experience being swayed based on how those two movies do at the boxed office, relative to each-other, unless they have a personal $$$ stake like working for one of the companies....or are a serious fanboy/hater!

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man of Steel is gonna be a success but yeah odds are Thor will outsell it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Maybe we should wait until both movies are out before we start judging ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real issue with Superman is he is old and has been popular for a very long time. Eventually that takes a toll. People get bored and want something new, but if you change the character they uproar, so the studios hands are tied. Best they can do is rewrite the old popular character every few generations with minor updates while providing new characters or making more obscure ones more popular. Superman and the JLA main members are doing very well when you consider just how long they have been around.

Superman not selling No. 1 is just a sign of his age. I mean where is Micky and Bugs right now? Like Actors and musicians, characters and franchises can't shine forever ... Superman really should be public domain by now and DC should have had a new fresh roaster a long time ago... but I digress...

BTW, I don't disagree with the [complaints about the] way DC and WB are handling their comics or movie franchises. From what I've heard, they ruined Green Lantern, not the movie director, and I'm sure everyone has heard of how they are turning off their vet writers in the comics section with last minute changes ...

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, I disagree. I'll be shocked if Thor: The Dark World outsells Man of Steel at the box office. Thor's hype doesn't even come close to man of steel's. Both seem to be fantastic movies though.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox said:

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night...

Ha! Ain't that the truth?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe we should wait until both movies are out before we start judging ;)

Pft get a load of Logical Larry over here.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warner Bros and DC are managed by idiots ? Well you must know a whole lot more than they do because your on the Internet and everyone on the web knows much more than the people who aredoing their jobs.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@w0nd: actually Emiel, but Larry has a nice ring to it.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

The real issue with Superman is he is old and has been popular for a very long time. Eventually that takes a toll. People get bored and want something new, but if you change the character they uproar, so the studios hands are tied. Best they can do is rewrite the old popular character every few generations with minor updates while providing new characters or making more obscure ones more popular. Superman and the JLA main members are doing very well when you consider just how long they have been around.

Superman not selling No. 1 is just a sign of his age. I mean where is Micky and Bugs right now? Like Actors and musicians, characters and franchises can't shine forever ... Superman really should be public domain by now and DC should have had a new fresh roaster a long time ago... but I digress...

BTW, I don't disagree with the [complaints about the] way DC and WB are handling their comics or movie franchises. From what I've heard, they ruined Green Lantern, not the movie director, and I'm sure everyone has heard of how they are turning off their vet writers in the comics section with last minute changes ...

I disagree with this

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GET OUT.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Superman hasn't appeared in the big screen for almost 10 years now.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By novi_homines

@sandman_ said:

Its been 6 years since the last movie. Nearly 7. Batman Begins came out before superman returns.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Its been 6 years since the last movie. Nearly 7. Batman Begins came out before superman returns.

Superman Returns was terrible

thank God Nolan gave us some great Batman movies

I don't think WB DC understand the Superman property at all

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

I know. I was just trying to make it more dramatic...Its been 7 years actually.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Thor 1 made decent money, but was not the huge smash that the Iron Man films were. Considering that the main reason IM3 has made so much is because Marvel is riding that Chinese member like a cheap whore, I don't see Thor doing that much better than freakin Superman, if at all. Also, remember that IM3 has only made 300 million domestically.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saying that thor# 2 will out sell Man of Steel on the basis that...well...nothing, is just foolish.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dont know, honestly i am a much bigger fan of Thor as a character than Superman , but you gotta admit Superman thus far looks better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.