Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Daniel Day Lewis as Brainiac.

Avatar image for manofsteelrulez
    manofsteelrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Man Of Steel 2 I would love to see Daniel Day Lewis as Brainiac.I know I know.It's very very unlikely it will happen him being the best actor in the world and all that but I think he would make an excellent brainiac.I know he could play anybody but you catch my drift.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he is the kind of actor that would do a big summer blockbuster, he usually does oscar bait type movies.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Eh.......I love Day-Lewis and I do think he's one of the best the industry has ever seen, but I can't see him as Brainiac. Or any kind of comic book character, for that matter.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know how far Day-Lewis takes method acting so... no, because I don't want him to bottle an entire city.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SandMan_

He is a terrific actor...but no.

Avatar image for futurescreenwriter
    FutureScreenwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't even know if Brianiac is gonna be in Man of Tomorrow. Maybe but I don't think he'll appear yet. Daniel Lewis is a great actor but... No. Someone else.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
    No Caption Provided

We all know how far Day-Lewis takes method acting so... no, because I don't want him to bottle an entire city.

LMAO.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

1. ...learned to speak Czech for his role in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
    2. ...had to be lifted around the set as he would never leave his wheelchair and insisted his meals be spoon-fed to him during My Left Foot
    3. ...would only eat food he killed during Last of the Mohicans. He, of course, learned how to track, hunt and skin the animals.
    4. ...walked around New York City wearing a top hat and cane for two months while preparing for The Age of Innocence
    5. ...spent nights locked in solitary confinement in the abandoned prison where they filmed In the Name of the Father
    6. ...didn't bathe for the entirety of shooting The Crucible to get the feeling of what it was to live by 17th century standards
    7. ...spent 18 months training to be a boxer for The Boxer
    8. ...caught pneumonia while making Gangs of New York because he refused to wear a toasty modern coat because it wasn't in keeping with the period.
    9. In another note, Liam Neeson hates him for this, Bale like method acting too, but Neeson belives Lewis is an ahole idiot and is not acting at all.
    10. ...moved out of his house and arranged to live separately from his wife (and director and co-star) in order to experience the isolation of his character's life in an island commune in preparation for The Ballad Of Jack And Rose.
    11. ...scared off Kel O'Neill from There Will be Blood after O'Neill claimed "Day-Lewis' character Plainview was just too intense for him to work alongside day after day." Paul Dano replaced him.

Oh no, Daniel Day Lewis is destroying the world as a giant evil robot?

so i have to save the world and kill Daniel Day Lewis, IS NEESON SEASON!!!
    so i have to save the world and kill Daniel Day Lewis, IS NEESON SEASON!!!
    Loading Video...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RustyRoy

I'd prefer him as Ra's al Ghul.

As Brainiac, Jim Parsons would be a great pick IMO, he can pull off creepy, alien looking, tall, cybernetic voiced aspect of the character and he's a great actor.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

@rustyroy said:

As Brainiac, Jim Parsons would be a great pick IMO, he can pull off creepy, alien looking, tall, cybernetic voiced aspect of the character and he's a great actor.

F**k no. I would actively campaign to have people boycott a movie where Brainiac is played by Jim Parsons.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Why because he's a comedy actor? He's a great actor and can be believable as Brainiac, comedy actors can do serious roles.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If he ever joined MoS, you can be sure it's going to be a boring-ass movie

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

I SHRINK YOUR KANDOR. I SHRINK IT DOWN!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...What?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

... I do not know what to think about Lewis as Brainiac.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane: Why because he's a comedy actor? He's a great actor and can be believable as Brainiac, comedy actors can do serious roles.

Because the only role he's ever played in his life that's ever gotten any attention is an idiotic character on a show designed for idiots to fawn over. Vril Dox deserves better.

I SHRINK YOUR KANDOR. I SHRINK IT DOWN!

thumb up

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Billy Batson

@sandman_ said:

@smashbrawler said:

...What?

Read DeathpoolThe1000's post.

BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. ...caught pneumonia while making Gangs of New York because he refused to wear a toasty modern coat because it wasn't in keeping with the period.

He also refused to take any medication for it since penicillin and such wasn't around in Bill the Butcher's era, leading to health complications that became progressively more and more serious until Martin Scorsese begged him to take medication.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SandMan_

@sandman_ said:

@smashbrawler said:

...What?

BB

....He'll shave bald and paint himself green?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@billy_batson said:

@sandman_ said:

@smashbrawler said:

...What?

BB

Dude has done some pretty crazy sh!t already, we don't need to give him an excuse for taking over the world.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should get Michael Shannon to play ALL of his villains

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

Because the only role he's ever played in his life that's ever gotten any attention is an idiotic character on a show designed for idiots to fawn over. Vril Dox deserves better.

So you're saying he can't play a different role just because he plays an comedic character, Michael Keaton, Anne Hathaway, Heath Ledger, Chris Evans were all cast in roles everyone thought they couldn't handle, everyone said they were miscast but look how it turned out. No one knew who Chris Hemsworth, Henry Cavil, Hugh Jackman, Christopher Reeve were before they were cast in CBMs. If you don't like him that's okay, its just my opinion.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

1. ...caught pneumonia while making Gangs of New York because he refused to wear a toasty modern coat because it wasn't in keeping with the period.

He also refused to take any medication for it since penicillin and such wasn't around in Bill the Butcher's era, leading to health complications that became progressively more and more serious until Martin Scorsese begged him to take medication.

Not only that, he almost had a fight with Liam Neeson, since he ask everybody to call him like his character and refused to be normal.

@sandman_ said:

@billy_batson said:

@sandman_ said:

@smashbrawler said:

...What?

BB

Dude has done some pretty crazy sh!t already, we don't need to give him an excuse for taking over the world.

No Caption Provided
    @rustyroy said:

He would destroy civilization

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

So you're saying he can't play a different role just because he plays an comedic character, Michael Keaton, Anne Hathaway, Heath Ledger, Chris Evans were all cast in roles everyone thought they couldn't handle, everyone said they were miscast but look how it turned out. No one knew who Chris Hemsworth, Henry Cavil, Hugh Jackman, Christopher Reeve were before they were cast in CBMs. If you don't like him that's okay, its just my opinion.

Nice statement-twisting. The nature of the only character he plays isn't important to me, comedic or dramatic. The fact that the character is awful, is. TBBT is a sh!t show designed for the dim. Sheldon Cooper is the only character Jim Parsons has ever played, and it's not a very good one. That is a lousy basis to cast him as freaking Brainiac. None of your comparisons are really valid if you're trying to say those actors were in the same boat, because they weren't. None of them had this firm typecast going against them that would have destroyed the CBM character they were playing were they cast. All of them were demonstrably better actors than Parson. Michael Keaton was a prominent TV star, and then he starred in Beetlejuice. Ledger and Hathaway were both Oscar nominees before they were cast in comic book movies. Chris Evans already had a Marvel superhero pedigree.

If you want to make Brainiac the laughingstock of viewing audiences, cast Jim Parsons in the role.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

Nice statement-twisting. The nature of the only character he plays isn't important to me, comedic or dramatic. The fact that the character is awful, is. TBBT is a sh!t show designed for the dim. Sheldon Cooper is the only character Jim Parsons has ever played, and it's not a very good one. That is a lousy basis to cast him as freaking Brainiac. None of your comparisons are really valid if you're trying to say those actors were in the same boat, because they weren't. None of them had this firm typecast going against them that would have destroyed the CBM character they were playing were they cast. All of them were demonstrably better actors than Parson. Michael Keaton was a prominent TV star, and then he starred in Beetlejuice. Ledger and Hathaway were both Oscar nominees before they were cast in comic book movies. Chris Evans already had a Marvel superhero pedigree.

If you want to make Brainiac the laughingstock of viewing audiences, cast Jim Parsons in the role.

Can I ask why do you think that Sheldon Cooper is a bad character and that Jim Parsons is not a good actor?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

Can I ask why do you think that Sheldon Cooper is a bad character and that Jim Parsons is not a good actor?

What's any good about the character? The entire show is just let's-laugh-at-how-strange-and-pathetic-the-nerds-are-and-there's-probably-something-mentally-defective-about-them every single week.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

What's any good about the character? The entire show is just let's-laugh-at-how-strange-and-pathetic-the-nerds-are-and-there's-probably-something-mentally-defective-about-them every single week.

Well what do you expect from a comedian TV Show.It's what they are.The things you laugh about in them just don't make sense and if they actually happen it would be more than strange.Those are nerds that everybody thinks as nerds and they act like nerds,they are strange and funny in their own stupid way.And Sheldon Cooper is by far the most interesting character in the TV show and I think that Parsons is doing a great job.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude would live in space for a year, and then talk only though communication devices even if you're standing in front of him. He would spend his free time learning about lost civilizations!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mike Tyson would be better.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By z3ro180

Interesting choice.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Well what do you expect from a comedian TV Show.

Actual comedy would be terrific.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

Well what do you expect from a comedian TV Show.

Actual comedy would be terrific.

I know that currently the show is bs but the first two seasons were great.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Dude would live in space for a year, and then talk only though communication devices even if you're standing in front of him. He would spend his free time learning about lost civilizations!

Hahahaha....

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

@rustyroy said:

This said by an ahole!!!
    This said by an ahole!!!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RustyRoy

@citizenbane: Keaton was type casted for comedic roles, Hathaway was often type casted as a barbie princess actor, no one liked Heath when he was casted as Joker, everyone was against Evans when he was cast as CA, his wasn't well liked as an actor before that, and after these actors were done with their roles no one laughed at them, if you type cast any actor like that then no one would be allowed to do a different role in their life, Parsons has won many awards for his role too and he can definitely pull off a creepy, cunning and evil Brainiac IMO. And again as I said before in my last post, its my opinion not yours, I'm not the casting director for MoS or any movie so you shouldn't be getting so upset over my choice.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.