Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Current Evil Supermen in Comics.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Since Dc is so fascinated with the concept on an "evil" Superman, I decided to keep track on them just for fun :-P

Let's start:

1. Injustice Superman: Pretty much a morally ambigious turned dictator and evil, Superman.
    2. Brutall: A brainwashed version of Supes.
    3. SuperDoom: An alternate universe Supes.
    4. Lord Superman: Like SuperDoom, currently in JLBeyond comic.
    5. Ultraman: Same with SuperDoom and Lord Superman.
    6. Superman Future's End: Pawn of an evil force.
    7. And Superman with Doomsday virus which basically turns him into Doomsday

And that is only in one year's worth of time :-P

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Once for a while it could be done, but DC overdoing it recently; through I would have exclude № 2, №6 and №7 – for me “being evil” is a choice, not infestation, brainwashing, etc.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S....M....H......

Evil superman and batman vs Superman, two themes i've had enough of and can certainly live without for the next decade.

btw note from Greg Pak, Grant Morrison's monster was called SuperDoomsday, the new superman with that DD virus is called superdoom :\ (smh i kno right) he said this after being asked why the writers chose such an unoriginal name which had assumingly been used before. It's all very confusing though cause every site has that monster listed as superdoom.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I love it. I demand an Earth 3 series

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I hope brutaal dies. And the New 52 Doom story sounds very dumb.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly, the idea of an evil Superman is appealing, I can understand why it's being done so often. Superman to me, is the quintessential good hero. He's righteous, caring, respectful and kind, thus, corrupting all of that makes for interesting stories. Plus, having someone THAT powerful, being evil is a terrifying thought.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

Anyone else feel like this ends with some new multiversal threat popping up that's been corrupting Supermen from various dimensions as some part of a scheme to destroy/take over the multiverse?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman Doomsday sounds dumb.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SuperDoomsday sounds super-worst than SuperDoom, plus, I trust Pak. He'll do good by our boy.

I'm still waiting for my Batman rouge story where Superman has to stop him.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

The whole transformation, and the huge crossover. IMO, it's just a big money grab. Like anything I am sure one can enjoy it, but I'll sit it out.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

The whole transformation, and the huge crossover. IMO, it's just a big money grab. Like anything I am sure one can enjoy it, but I'll sit it out.

Pfftt, huge. Tell that to Batman, Green Lantern or the X-Men. It's three books (which I already buy so I won't see a dent in my wallet). But whatever, I guess some people just don't like fun and destruction.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

Pfftt, huge. Tell that to Batman, Green Lantern or the X-Men. It's three books (which I already buy so I won't see a dent in my wallet). But whatever, I guess some people just don't like fun and destruction.

Then its not that bad for you. The only superman book I read is Unchained currently. I think I'll pick up Johns and Romita's series.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

You buy "Superman", dude why? Why would you do that to yourself or give money to DC to excuse their bad decision that is Lobdell.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You buy "Superman", dude why? Why would you do that to yourself or give money to DC to excuse their bad decision that is Lobdell.

IDK, collectors bug I suppose. I enjoyed H'el arc and his RHATO work but i agree it went downhill into crazy town after that arc.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

IDK, collectors bug I suppose. I enjoyed H'el arc and his RHATO work but i agree it went downhill into crazy town after that arc.

*sigh*...You have to escape from that mentality, I had been there too and I can say that someday you are gonna regret every penny you gave to comics you buy only to complete the collection.

It bugs me that Lobdell with his horrendous writing gets as much sales as Pak.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*...You have to escape from that mentality, I had been there too and I can say that someday you are gonna regret every penny you gave to comics you buy only to complete the collection.

I only have it with Superman comics though. I did however cancel Adventures (but I might keep going just to complete it) and I'd cancel Unchained but with all these delays I don't even notice the money being spent. Plus I'm at the point of no return, Doomed is 2/3rds talent and Im sure Lobdell doesn't have as much freedom on this and after this Johns is taking over. It's too late

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I only have it with Superman comics though. I did however cancel Adventures (but I might keep going just to complete it) and I'd cancel Unchained but with all these delays I don't even notice the money being spent. Plus I'm at the point of no return, Doomed is 2/3rds talent and Im sure Lobdell doesn't have as much freedom on this and after this Johns is taking over. It's too late

Yeah it's too late...sad fact is that Lobdell would have been kicked out faster if people didn't buy the book just to support the character or for collecting purposes.
    And Brainiac could have been saved :-(

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but the stories with most of them are good so i don't see why people should complain. I mean lord superman was an interesting turn of events in the batman series, Injustice is epic, earth 2 is going good and i want a series about earth 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.