Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Could Rocksteady make a good Superman game?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I mean it worked for Batman and his games before were horrible and they were able to make some of the best video games ever. Do you think they could do it and give the Man of Tomorrow the game he deserves or would it just end up like Superman 64, but with good graphics. Personally I think they could do it.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Kinda hard to make a Superman game without nerfing him a little.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MercinWithAMouth
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impervious: They could do an origin story where he is still learning how to use his powers.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenshima15: Yeah Im just saying that it be a way to kind of have him weaker without kryptonite, blocking out the sun, or nerfing him.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda hard to make a Superman game without nerfing him a little.

I disagree. Like his own gradual increase in power, I think if done right, you can have the Superman that we see in comics at least 70% of the time.

@kenshima15: Yeah Im just saying that it be a way to kind of have him weaker without kryptonite, blocking out the sun, or nerfing him.

Well you could start him out like that, but I think at some point he should reach at least somewhere in the range of his comic levels.

While I wouldn't be opposed to Rocksteady doing a Superman game, I'd rather give it to a company like Ubisoft or Bungie. I feel like they'd handle the license better. Rocksteady has produced a fine series of Batman games. However, a good Superman game should be worlds different than a Batman game, and I don't have enough from Rocksteady to be confident that they could handle the Man of Steel.

A good Superman game requires give the feeling of being Superman in the actions you do. From stopping a mugging, to catching a plane, to throwing blows with Mongul. However, I think it should also give you time to be Clark Kent. To do the stuff a reporter would do and interact with people Superman wouldn't.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Yeah good points. I do hope a good Superman game comes out soon. It would be awesome and pretty fun to play as Superman in a good game.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Supes doesn't necessarily need to be nurfed, I'd be ok(if it's too hard) with some kind of calamity that render's him powerless in the beginning and he regains his powers but this shouldn't be the case till the end, he should be fully powered halfway through.

A good superman game where you can ' Be Superman' doesn't need a nurfed Superman, it needs a good use of his villains, Who can go up against him for a reason. Also the most important and In my opinion most difficult point of all is it needs to be big like GTA V big, possibly bigger.

Last point, if anyone does manage to make a game where you feel like Superman in the way the arkham games make you feel like batman, it will be the greatest game in history.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

While I wouldn't be opposed to Rocksteady doing a Superman game, I'd rather give it to a company like Ubisoft or Bungie. I feel like they'd handle the license better. Rocksteady has produced a fine series of Batman games. However, a good Superman game should be worlds different than a Batman game, and I don't have enough from Rocksteady to be confident that they could handle the Man of Steel.

A good Superman game requires give the feeling of being Superman in the actions you do. From stopping a mugging, to catching a plane, to throwing blows with Mongul. However, I think it should also give you time to be Clark Kent. To do the stuff a reporter would do and interact with people Superman wouldn't.

Love this. Imagining it now.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr.Mxyzptlk should be his riddler for the game

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could make it easy as long as it's a lot lighter in tone than the arkham series I bet it would sell more honestly

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Ι don't see why not.

But as others have said, something in the vein of Arkham City might not work.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: You should check out my Superman Game thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.