Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Could be Superman's feats apply to other Kryptonians?

• 70 results
    marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lightsout: the sunlight metabolism concept was mentioned in superman/batman: apocalypse

and there was something preventing them from getting their powers at first ( i can't remember what it was), but as soon as that factor was removed, they were just as good as clark

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By lightsout

@marvel123: Yea, I think that was an attempt to foreshadow Supergirl taking the mantle of the Super-family and becoming more powerful than Supes, but obviously didn't turn out that way (no surprise or complaint. Hard to change the guard and I wouldn't want it that way anyway)

Ah, thanks.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think that new Kryptonians should have the same power levels as Clark right off the bat. Once they've been exposed to the Sun for 25 plus years then we can start talking about proportionate power levels.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: it's gonna be interesting seeing how they handle everything in man of steel

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all of Superman Goku's feats apply to other Kryptonianjin like VegetaZod.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By consolemaster001

Not all of Superman Goku's feats apply to other Kryptonianjin like VegetaZod.

lol

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123:

No Caption Provided

@lightsout: i personally like the "instant power", because it provides the grounds for more consistency when writing the kryptonians. through superman, kara, zod, ect they have defined kryptonian abilities, we all know what they are capable of. i'm not opposed to the idea that they all process/metabolize sunlight at different rates.

i liked how they portrayed this on smallville

what ep is that from

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Even so, the difference between the individual should be minimal,if superman power level was 10,I was no idea how a nomal kryptonian power level was 5

all the kyptonians power level approximate range around superman power level

my point

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PowerWoman

Superman's feats apply to other Kryptonians

I'm 100% agree

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Even so, the difference between the individual should be minimal,if superman power level was 10,I was no idea how a nomal kryptonian power level was 5

all the kyptonians power level approximate range around superman power level

my point

Why did you quote me on this? I didnt disagree with you

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

The way I see it is the same as with humans. Just because my neighbour can run the 20 miles marathon doesn't mean i can but i have the same potential to become like him.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PowerWoman

@aiden_cross: any kryptonians can instant power on the earth,bro,did you read zod fight with superman comics book?superman has 20year ago experience and solar energy,but i dont see how superman can easily beat zod,they are toe to toe in fight

9dragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman powers Biological/ Dna hence anyone with the same Dna can do the same thing.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't think so

9dragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some fans have problems with the idea that million of beings with the capacity to accomplish anything superman can do because it somehow makes superman ordinary among his people, just a man. Which is true. Theoretically, can superman take on 6 experienced Kryptonians? or 10? His fighting skills are good but not on a level where he can utilize his abilities like Batman who can take on 10 trained warriors of his race and end up on top. If everyone was equal to superman in all aspects then superman stops being special.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they've spent the same amount of time exposed to the Sun as Superman, then yes.

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: How long do they have to wait for them to get stronger? Like at least 25 years?

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By StudentOfJorEl

Kryptonian's can apply to Superman if they are exposed to a yellow star for 25 years or more, then they are equal to Superman at least but Supes has at least absorbed a yellow star for 33 years (In Man Of Steel) and for 39 years in comics.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@studentofjorel: This is Post-crisis concept,Not Pre-crisis

Here

No Caption Provided

In Pre-crisis,At least in the Silver age,any Kryptonian's can apply to Superman feats,even female Kryptonians as strong as superman,but into Bronze age,a male kryptonian would be stronger than female kryptonians and superman has more skills more experience than other kryptonians

this is pre-crisis

as for Post-crisis,yes,i agree with you,but supergirl also absorb many years solar energy

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.