Costume Redesign

#1 Edited by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Over at Project Rooftop the finalists for the Superman: Man of Style contest have been chosen. Check it out for yourself but here are some of my favorites (including some of the honorable mentions).

My favorite, even with (because of?) the gadgetry that Supes shouldn't need.

"Phantom Zone suit"
Not the best artist, but I like the costume.
Not great for Superman himself, but I like it. Maybe for Zod.
Of the ones with a more traditional/iconic look (colors and spandex) I probably like this best.

I agree with the judges, Kon might have worn this.

Dunno where this fits, but I like it.
Similar to the Titans Tomorrow costume which I liked.

#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (225050 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow. Some of those Costumes looks pretty tight
#4 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Wow. Some of those Costumes looks pretty tight"

As in literaly tight?

zzzzzzzzzz
#5 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...most of those look absolutely terrible.

#6 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

The only problem I've ever had with Supes' costume is the briefs on the outside, and maybe the long sleeves (I don't like how they end, just so bland). That said, #s 1, 5, and 6 I like.

#7 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

some of then look good,but the red and blue is classic, i don't think we should go chaining it, but at times i think it looks dorky...so maybe change is good

6 looks like the right fit imo

#8 Edited by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I like 4, 5, 6 and 1, but the thing I don't like about 1 is the handle.

#9 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like them

]=
#10 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them all except for the Phantom Zone one. =]

#11 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"i don't like them

]=
"
Why are you so emo?  Everything you do ends in a sad face. Haha
#12 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"I like them all except for the Phantom Zone one. =]
"

yeah its not his style lol
#13 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

I like 1, 6, and 8. The others look pretty good though, not just very Superman-appropriate. As for 6 being a costume for Kon-El, I'd prefer him to be without the cape, otherwise fine.

#14 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugs Tman

#15 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
Final Arrow said:
"Hugs Tman"
Again? lol
#16 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

On the topic I like the one on the top row on the far right, it suits them all well and is something Supes would wear........... But for the cool factor Phantom zone suit rocks and I love the one that looks liks zod.

#17 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I found some costumes i kinda like myself, although i don't think they were in the contest.

caption
caption
caption
caption
#18 Posted by Kate Sith (138 posts) - - Show Bio

From Buckshot's post, I like the last one and the third one.  Are they actually going to change his uniform?  It'd be nice to see something other than the usual, but could Superman really be Supes without those red panties?

#19 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
Really into this one because of the Amazonian-like garb. This could be his official costume when visiting Paradise Island.
There's something about this one that's so Admiral-y. I like the short cape, I think they're pretty underrated, but they're really cool. Love how the blue is the main colour where the yellow and red are splattered throughout the costume but don't overtake the blue.
I like this one because we know Superman has a penis. And I'm glad the underwear's gone; don't really like that part in his official costume.
#20 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't mind the Godfall lone, it still could do with some modifications to make more similar to his traditional red/blue/yellow one, so long as you get rid of the RED underwear, I think your on a winning run!
#21 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio

See what I mean :-) just throw in his usual blue with S emblem on the chest, just make his cape red like normal and get rid of all that extra crap on his shoulders and lose the collar, and there you have it!
#22 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Godfall had best superman costume ever =]

#23 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my favorite, Not exactly for Supe's though, But it could work for Cyborg Supe's......

caption
#24 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the ones Buck has up there are pretty awesome, nice change of scenery for Supes

#25 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"

See what I mean :-) just throw in his usual blue with S emblem on the chest, just make his cape red like normal and get rid of all that extra crap on his shoulders and lose the collar, and there you have it!"
Yeah he looked so hot in this!
#26 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio
KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

See what I mean :-) just throw in his usual blue with S emblem on the chest, just make his cape red like normal and get rid of all that extra crap on his shoulders and lose the collar, and there you have it!"
"

Hot??? wasn't quite the word I was looking for, but, yeah!
#27 Edited by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

Hot??? wasn't quite the word I was looking for, but, yeah!"
I don't know I guess I just got a thing for a guy and a bike... probably why I love Nightwing... I don't know I honestly LOVE that costume!
#28 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio
KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

I don't know I guess I just got a thing for a guy and a bike... probably why I love Nightwing... I don't know I honestly LOVE that costume!
"

Yeah, must be all that Leather! Let's just hope he doesn't accidently end up at the Blue Oyster Bar, cause he wouldn't last two secends with that leathery outfit lol
#29 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"This is my favorite, Not exactly for Supe's though, But it could work for Cyborg Supe's......

caption
"
Who or what is that??? Kinda looks like a more human Apocalypse! A skinny one at that lol
#30 Edited by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

"

Yeah, must be all that Leather! Let's just hope he doesn't accidently end up at the Blue Oyster Bar, cause he wouldn't last two secends with that leathery outfit lol"
Naw he'd rather party with me.. in an outfit like that!
#31 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio
KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

"

Yeah, must be all that Leather! Let's just hope he doesn't accidently end up at the Blue Oyster Bar, cause he wouldn't last two secends with that leathery outfit lol"
"

Who am I to argue :-)
#32 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"TheDrifter said:
"This is my favorite, Not exactly for Supe's though, But it could work for Cyborg Supe's......

caption
"
Who or what is that??? Kinda looks like a more human Apocalypse! A skinny one at that lol
"

lol. I don't know, Just some drawing of Supes I found at that site.
#33 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

"

"

Who am I to argue :-)"
It's kinda sad how his picture keeps shrinking and now we can't see him at all...
#34 Posted by lordraiden (7601 posts) - - Show Bio
KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

"

"

It's kinda sad how his picture keeps shrinking and now we can't see him at all...
"

Yeah, I kinda noticed that! I thought it was you narrowing down just to him and hist outfit!
#35 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"KnightlyVengence said:
"lordraiden said:
"

"

"

"

"

Yeah, I kinda noticed that! I thought it was you narrowing down just to him and hist outfit!"
...and he's gone... :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.