Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Comixology Superman sale.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I don't know if I should post this, but Comixology has a very good Superman sale going on right now. Pretty much most of all the best are there.

Here is the link.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Good. I've been meaning to buy some Pre 52 stories, now be the time.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for Birthright and Last Son first.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:
    @saint_wildcard said:

Go for Birthright and Last Son first.

I pretty much got everything. Even AC and Red Son. Gonna give ASS an other read through and I'm already halfway through Birthright. It's good. I still like Pak more.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Bezza

Those are good prices. Here in the UK I cant find Birthright for under £9.97, which is about 11 or 12 dollars....I am about to buy Birthright actually. Its the one missing gem from my Superman TP collection which includes all four DOS books, ASS, Red Son, Up, Up and away, Last Son and Secret Identity. TBH quite a few Superman books bore me. Considering he has been around since 1938 there aren't actually heaps of really top collectable TPs IMO. Not compared with Batman who has dozens and dozens.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Those are good prices. Here in the UK I cant find Birthright for under £9.97, which is about 11 or 12 dollars....I am about to buy Birthright actually. Its the one missing gem from my Superman TP collection which includes all four DOS books, ASS, Red Son, Up, Up and away, Last Son and Secret Identity. TBH quite a few Superman books bore me. Considering he has been around since 1938 there aren't actually heaps of really top collectable TPs IMO. Not compared with Batman who has dozens and dozens.

Nah those are just the basics. Plenty of good tpbs out there. All the Superman Adventures tpbs, Rucka's run, Busiek's Camelot Falls, depending what you like 8 tpbs of Byrne's run, Morrison's run on AC, Power Within by Swan and Stern. Also the Superman Sundays strips are a must have :D

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like For All Seasons.... but this art is weird. It's not horrible but it's teetering on average.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now own all 14 of them. I barely bought Secret Origins a while ago and I still haven't read it :/ I can't resist the bargain. SM/BM was a hard buy considering how much I had Ed's art.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now own all 14 of them. I barely bought Secret Origins a while ago and I still haven't read it :/ I can't resist the bargain. SM/BM was a hard buy considering how much I had Ed's art.

0_0

Why its very nice? Its the fact that it is cartoonish that makes me love it :P

I like For All Seasons.... but this art is weird. It's not horrible but it's teetering on average.

Yeah, Sale's rendering of Superman isn't my cup of tea either.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bezza

@squalleon:

The Byrne ones are on my list - I have a Byrne Hulk TP and its great. He's a great writer.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@squalleon:

The Byrne ones are on my list - I have a Byrne Hulk TP and its great. He's a great writer.

I would also definitely recommend the Superman Adventures tpbs from Mark Millar.and Busiek's Camelot falls :)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was nice offer while it lasted. Too bad that I have already all this stories, but at least I managed to inform some of my acquaintances about this sale.

I asken some of them if they bought something – it appears that Red Son, Birthright, New-52 Action Comics and Earth 1 Vol 1 are most popular.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asken some of them if they bought something – it appears that Red Son, Birthright, New-52 Action Comics and Earth 1 Vol 1 are most popular.

People went for the origin stories. Good starters if I may add. I am surpriced All Star Superman isn't in there but then again, its a story about Superman's death so not really what a new reader would go for.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.