Change Supermans Costume Back !

#1 Posted by JAUZMAN (5 posts) - - Show Bio

If you like the Original Superman Costume better have your say!!

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right, the original is better.

#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6292 posts) - - Show Bio

Whadda we want? Red pants! When do we wantem? Now!

Is it just about that? Or is there something else about the suit that you don't like?

#4 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new one a lot more. It got rid of the underpants on the outside (which was INCREDIBLY stupid to me) and gave him a more armored look.

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#6 Edited by JAUZMAN (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexy Knickers!!

Why does the Man of Steel need Armor ?

Plus who ever said he they were underpants. According to the new costume designer, his costume is an undergarment worn under armor. Long johns,LOL!

#7 Edited by Perethorn (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

Long live to the mighty red underwear!

#8 Posted by Sonata (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

I take the new look any day of the week compared to the old one.

#9 Edited by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really want him to go back but saying that I also don't want the armor either.

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both.

#11 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the new look. And its kinda grown on me. My issue is when they draw his face too young like superboy. BUt that has been better latley so I'm liking it. THough I always will love the original red spandex look.

#12 Posted by Dreadpool10 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new look much better.

#13 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jauzman said:

If you like the Original Superman Costume better have your say!!

No.

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jauzman: The character doesn't need armor, I just think the armored look is cool.

#15 Posted by w0nd (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@jauzman said:

Sexy Knickers!!

Why does the Man of Steel need Armor ?

Plus who ever said he they were underpants. According to the new costume designer, his costume is an undergarment worn under armor. Long johns,LOL!

in man of steel. but what about new 52, that's full on armor

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for the love of god be quit. ''Have your say'' first you people moan about how stupid the red underwear is then when they get rid of it you moan that you want it back. If you want the classic look back go read the story's made before the new 52. Zero out

#17 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new one a lot more. It got rid of the underpants on the outside (which was INCREDIBLY stupid to me) and gave him a more armored look.

I agree here. I don't see what all the fuss is about over his new armor, I think taking away the "red underpants" was a much needed modernization of Superman, how can a new generation of comic book readers be appealed to a man in a blue suit with "red underpants". It's not to say I never liked it, I just think it's outdated and unneeded, especially with other characters having their costumes redesigned and modernized as well.

#18 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

The new suit is great.Just lose the lines.

#19 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new costume, the lines don't bother me.

Only way the can put read back down there is if the do it like Injustice Superman

Even then, not a Super hue fan of this design.

#20 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

People act like they made his costume black or something. Its pretty much the same thing except without a speedo over it and it looks a bit like armor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.