Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Can Superman tank Deidara's C4?

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Today while sitting in class an interesting thought hit me. "Can Superman tank Deidara's C4 bomb?" For those of you unaware of who Deidara is, he is a fictional character from the anime Naruto who has the ability to produce clay bombs. Deidara's C4 is arguably his most dangerous technique. "Deidara uses his own mouth instead of the ones on his hands to create a giant doll in his image. When the doll ruptures, it releases a cloud of microscopic bombs that enter the bloodstream of anyone who inhales them. On Deidara's command, the micro-bombs' detonation causes the victims' bodies to disintegrate at the cellular level; literally turning them into dust" (Taken from the naruto wikia page C4). I guess what I am really asking is whether if Superman is durable inside as much as he his outside. So can he tank this? And are there any feats of him being durable on a cellular level?

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Yes

@tohoma said:

Today while sitting in class an interesting thought hit me. "Can Superman tank Deidara's C4 bomb?" For those of you unaware of who Deidara is, he is a fictional character from the anime Naruto who has the ability to produce clay bombs. Deidara's C4 is arguably his most dangerous technique. "Deidara uses his own mouth instead of the ones on his hands to create a giant doll in his image. When the doll ruptures, it releases a cloud of microscopic bombs that enter the bloodstream of anyone who inhales them. On Deidara's command, the micro-bombs' detonation causes the victims' bodies to disintegrate at the cellular level; literally turning them into dust" (Taken from the naruto wikia page C4). I guess what I am really asking is whether if Superman is durable inside as much as he his outside. So can he tank this? And are there any feats of him being durable on a cellular level?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PowerWoman

Well,PC superman can survived the big bang, and explosion several trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillion and trillions and trillions of order magnitude bigger than a nuke.so,I say,yes

Post-crisis superman is a weakest version,but he still can took supernova,which one trillions more powerful than planet explosion

so,yes,Even post-crisis superman can take it with easily

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about current superman, though?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: you mean New-52 superman,right?well,he was far stronger than pre-52 superman(lift earth weight easily) ,new 52 superman speed also Impressive,so,i think he can take it too,easily

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
    HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: you mean New-52 superman,right?well,he was far stronger than pre-52 superman(lift earth weight easily) ,new 52 superman speed also Impressive,so,i think he can take it too,easily

Far stronger than Pre-New 52 Superman? Where?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: lift earth weight with easily,even not close New 52 superman strength limit,Pre-52 superman can move the earth but he need help

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: lift earth weight with easily,even not close New 52 superman strength limit,Pre-52 superman can move the earth but he need help

At his most, UNSOLAR-CHARGED level? Nope. He could move the earth just fine.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I never see superman can move the earth without help in the pre-52,he move earth need help, Green Lantern or wonder woman/mm help him can move the earth,and UNSOLAR-CHARGED level?maybe more powerful,but new 52 superman technical also has CHARGED power

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I never see superman can move the earth without help in the pre-52,he move earth need help, Green Lantern or wonder woman/mm help him can move the earth,and UNSOLAR-CHARGED level?maybe more powerful,but new 52 superman technical also has CHARGED power

Actually, when New 52 Supes accomplished that "lifting up the weight of the word thing", he ended up not having sunlight for days and wasn't charged up. Also, in case you didn't notice, by the time Flashpoint ended, Post-Crises Supes had had quite a bit of power creeping into him. Remember when it took him and two others to move the moon? Then how it took him and three others to move the earth? I'm fairly certain those stories took place in sequential order and were before or close to the new millenium. So, at the end right before Flashpoint, ask yourself if Post-Crises supes could have lifted up the world for as long or LONGER than New52 supes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Yes, yes he can, hm.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Of course I know that,No matter which version of Superman,the DC wirte always Inconsistent and fluctuations superman power level,but I think something was wrong,yes,superman need help move the moon,but not only move moon,they are push the moon almost at the speed of the light and hold back on the orbit,this fears was very Impressive

new 52 superman(normal) lift earth weight would be put him above pre-52 superman(normal) strength level,maybe pre-52 superman can move more or something,but we need use feats,the pre-52 superman need help move the earth(though they are move a long distance)but new 52 superman also lift earth weight with five days even without the sun,and this just new 52 superman start level,dont forgot,when pre-52 superman first appear he even k.o by Fuel Tank explosion

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam

Probably. If it doesn't kill him, it'll do a lot of damage.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting notion about corporeal mass though. Bomb stuff aside, there's a lot of potential threat in something you can't hit . . . super-breath perhaps.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,PC superman can survived the big bang, and explosion several trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillion and trillions and trillions of order magnitude bigger than a nuke.so,I say,yes

Post-crisis superman is a weakest version,but he still can took supernova,which one trillions more powerful than planet explosion

While tanking a big bang is impressive it doesn't really prove that he is just as durable inside his body as he is outside his body. Remember Deidara C4's devastating effects really occurs inside the blood stream after inhaling the microscopic bombs.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

@powerwoman said:

While tanking a big bang is impressive it doesn't really prove that he is just as durable inside his body as he is outside his body. Remember Deidara C4's devastating effects really occurs inside the blood stream after inhaling the microscopic bombs.

Pre-Crises Superman's inside ARE that durable. So is Post-Crises's.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@press_oblivion: The question was whether he could tank it, not avoid it.

@tohoma said:

@powerwoman said:

Pre-Crises Superman's inside ARE that durable. So is Post-Crises's.

I was going to make the same argument as Tohoma. Superman's skin is hard, but that becomes irrelevant against the C4. If you have some super-cell scans, feel free to share.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Press Oblivion

@awesam said:

@press_oblivion: The question was whether he could tank it, not avoid it.

I'm pretty sure is said "Bomb stuff aside". But thank you for the needless clarification.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

@powerwoman said:

Bro,did you really read my thread?pre-crisis superboy,who far weaker than PC superman,\

Ok,let me scan again:

He channels the energies that could destroy his pocket Universe

How powerful were this energies you might ask?

Well apparently The Time Trapper was actually capable of nullify the effects of the Anti-Monitor anti-matter destruction force of the Infinite Crisis. This means that Pocket Verse Superboy body was capable of channel those energies in order to save his world.

the Pocket Verse Superboy take energy enough destroy universe,inside his body,the PC superman as durable inside his body as he is outside his body,of course!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.