Can Superman run on water?

#1 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (653 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know he's almost as fast as the Flash. But can he run on water? How fast do you have to run to be able to run on water? I don't think I have ever seen him run on water before. Even when he raced the Flash, when they got to a body of water, he swam it instead of running on top of it like the Flash. I could be wrong. So can he?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12706 posts) - - Show Bio

To avoid sinking in water, you need to generate enough thrust to push the water with your steps....I amsure Supes could generate thrust, the man moves at light speed on occasion

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way to answer this question is using ABC logic.

#4 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

He did in All-Star Batman and Robin for what its worth.

#5 Posted by TheThe (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. He actually runs on water with Wally West in a animated series, but i dont remember which one( maybe superman adventures ).

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

He is capable of it, not many occasions when he'd actually need to tho since he can fly and he doesn't have to worry to much about drowning since he can hold his breath for days

#8 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a yes...

#10 Posted by Izaiah (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he's done it before (at least in the Post-Crisis continuity).

#11 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

A human would have to run roughly 68 miles/hour to run on water. So yes, Superman could easily do this

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he when he can fly?

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6471 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Last Arashikage: what are those scans from

#14 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: It's been a while since I've read it, but I believe it was one of the All-Star Batman and Robin issues.

#15 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Last Arashikage said:

He did in All-Star Batman and Robin for what its worth.

I thought everyone agreed that comic was non-existent.

#16 Posted by segamarvel (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding? Even the Whizzer can run on water. And he's a speedster that can only run at 100 mph.

#17 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he can. Superman’s fast enough for that and even if he wasn’t, he could have emulate water running with his levitation ability.

#18 Posted by Justthatkid (3558 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on a average persons weight I believe 70 mph is all it takes to run on water so I don't see Superman struggling to do it.

#19 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by RogueShadow (10372 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#21 Posted by TheGrayGhost (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is FTL. Of course he can run on water

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.