Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Can Superman Fight Without his eyes?

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has Pn52 or N52 ever fought with his eyes closed, or maybe blind? I mean he has all this incredible senses...I would like a story where he relied on his nose and ear to help him fight!

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dude can hear across f*cking galaxies of course he can

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Kidd  Online

Yes.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would rely on his other super senses, so yes.

Nheritor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Come Superman did, so i see why he couldn't.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He has super hearing & super smell, so he could definitely guess where the opponent is without even looking.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Annnnd hearing across a vacuum is... childishly unsophisticated story telling

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't he just be able to see through his eyelids with his X-ray Vision?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@edblank: He's Superman--he's not defined by the laws of the 3D.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenshima15:

I would really like for Superman to go blind for a short time. Like a two or three issue comic.

Not only to see how he would adapt, but it would be the perfect cue, to DC writers to actually do a little upgrade on his powers.

I've always wondered if Superman powers are actually a mix of energy and psionic. And that his only shooting energy beams through his eyes was more of a reflex or habbit instead of an actual limitation.

And by making him blind, they could give Superman the change to find out he can actually use the same energy powers with his hands, like the Eradicator from Pre-N52 did so often.

And also has a plus, why not show that his sensory powers are has much a physical enhancement has mental. That his senses also operate through the use of some sort of highly compressed form of telepathy and telekinesis. And by making him blind for a while, Superman forced to adapt he would come to terms that he to can use telekinesis, even if it's only TTK, it would be cool seeing manipulating objects around his opponents with a mere touch.

But I don't think DC is gonna do something like that anytime soon, or if ever. They already added a new power that so far has proven to be useless and down right dangerous to his own life.

Which is kinda of funny seeing the multitude of options they could've gone with, and at the end they chose the very worst one of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.