Can somebody please explain more about Superman Prime One Million

#1 Posted by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry i'm new to comics... basically i have read only 1 = Superman Doomsday.

Me personally i like that one because the fight scenes was consistent, none of the b.s crap that makes Superman so powerful in other comics.

The fight between Superman and Doomsday was realistic and very enjoyable to read and watch.

I have also watched the original Superman movie played by Reeve and written by Mario Puzo.

If Superman's strength is determined by its bone density and the power of the sun, and the origins of Superman was already established, what this Superman Prime? I was reading through the Wiki it said something about time travel.

What is the need for the DC guys to create a character like Prime?

Isn't normal Superman popular enough?

#2 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173: Super"man" Prime is Superboy Prime all juiced up on solar power. He is from a different universe when there were a ton of universes. Superman 1,000,000 is Superman 1,000,000 years in the future, most of which he spent in the core of the sun and is from the primary universe that our continuity follows... as to whether he exists post-flashpoint or not though is really questionable as even though those events no longer transpire, previous to the point of Legion of Super Heroes time, long before 1,000,000 years in the future, the timeline reverts back to pre-flashpoint...

#3 Posted by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you very much

sorry but how many superman are there in the comic world and anime or movies?

the superman we see in the movies like superman 1 and 2 and superman doomsday.. which version is he?

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173: There are tons, they write alternate reality supermans all the time, kind of like Marvel's What If. If you want to read more about Superman, I really loved Superman: Birthright and All Star Superman.

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@autoexit173: Super"man" Prime is Superboy Prime all juiced up on solar power. He is from a different universe when there were a ton of universes. Superman 1,000,000 is Superman 1,000,000 years in the future, most of which he spent in the core of the sun and is from the primary universe that our continuity follows... as to whether he exists post-flashpoint or not though is really questionable as even though those events no longer transpire, previous to the point of Legion of Super Heroes time, long before 1,000,000 years in the future, the timeline reverts back to pre-flashpoint...

Superman Prime 1,000,000 is the one who spent his time in the sun. Superman 1,000,000 is the Earth's Superman at that point in time(the 853rd century or something like that). Prime 1 million is the golden one.

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

thank you very much

sorry but how many superman are there in the comic world and anime or movies?

the superman we see in the movies like superman 1 and 2 and superman doomsday.. which version is he?

Knock yourself out.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman

Yeah it's a wiki but I'm pretty sure they are somewhat accurate with their Superman data.

#7 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

@Durakken said:

@autoexit173: Super"man" Prime is Superboy Prime all juiced up on solar power. He is from a different universe when there were a ton of universes. Superman 1,000,000 is Superman 1,000,000 years in the future, most of which he spent in the core of the sun and is from the primary universe that our continuity follows... as to whether he exists post-flashpoint or not though is really questionable as even though those events no longer transpire, previous to the point of Legion of Super Heroes time, long before 1,000,000 years in the future, the timeline reverts back to pre-flashpoint...

Superman Prime 1,000,000 is the one who spent his time in the sun. Superman 1,000,000 is the Earth's Superman at that point in time(the 853rd century or something like that). Prime 1 million is the golden one.

Ahh thanks for correcting me, though it came 2 weeks late lol ^.^ DC reuses words too much...

Superman 1,000,000 = Superman active the 853rd century

Superman Prime 1,000,000 = Kal-El who has spent all those years in the core of sun and has emerged as a golden god. He is not New Earth Superman though... he is All Star Earth Superman...which is strange considering that 1,000,000 is supposed to be New Earth universe...but whatever.

Superman Prime = Superboy Prime all charged up on solar energy while he was imprisoned by the Guardians and then escaped.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.