Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Calm down guys, looks like Zod does have powers in MOS

• 62 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@deranged_midget: He even says it took decades for him to get that strong. Weird right?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Indubitably! Makes little sense whatsoever that characters like Zod could appear in the Pre-52 with little-to-exposure with yellow sun radiation and simply be as skilled and powerful as Clark :/

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By GunGunW

I wouldn't have minded either way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

@deranged_midget: Power can at least have a convincing explanation but skill? I'd probably take ages to master Superman's powers despite the dreams I have of flying like Superman :P It doesn't seem realistic, if such a phrase can be used in comic books that other Kryptonians can use their powers with almost the same level of skill as Superman can.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger: Exactly why I found the New Krypton arc a little iffy as all the Kandorians just up and flew around with ease.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By w0nd

@nerx said:

Besides him being the main character/plot relevant how does an average earthborn balance against a warlord?

surely Zod must have some combative ability (unlike the old one)

This came up on new krypton, he spent years honing his skills, all the kryptonian's sucked because they just got their powers, (i didn't think it would be that hard to look at something and burn it but apparently it is) Their flying sucked, and they were clumsy. And in the dc universe he had some training from batman, so that helped when fighting them.

In this movie since he never met batman I don't know how well that works out, I guess that's what makes it climactic, someone who is as strong as you, who isn't holding back because they don't care, AND is a trained soldier.

@deranged_midget

The Kandorians did have trouble at first, it just jumped ahead days and weeks at a time. One panel they were flying into buildings, and accidentally killing whales. They just didn't mention it more, they brushed past that.

Someone mentioned Kara being an adult. When she first arrived batman commented that her bones and skin were harder than superman's and that she may be stronger than him. I honestly liked that, the writers changed it to him "holding back" later on, but I don't know how you can hold back making your bones harder and your body more invulnerable. Seems like they just made that up to make superman the best again.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

but isn't krypton like generally better than earth? except in DC everything is centered around earth (as with marvel as well) as the core of their multiverse. I mean for someone with the name 'general' zod he should have some advantages over 'civillian' clark kent when it comes to kryptonian credentials.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By w0nd

@nerx said:

@w0nd:

but isn't krypton like generally better than earth? except in DC everything is centered around earth (as with marvel as well) as the core of their multiverse. I mean for someone with the name 'general' zod he should have some advantages over 'civillian' clark kent when it comes to kryptonian credentials.

Yes, but their arrogance seems to get in the way as well. Same reason they watched their planet blow up and did nothing before hand except shrug it off.

Plus apparently a few lessons with batman makes you as good as any soldier :P, by all means Zod should mop the floor with him, and 3 on 1 he should have been killed.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

Although arrogance should not be equated with sudden drop of intelligence when facing the main characters, it may not be a lack of humility but that of common sense.

I dare you to train with adam west then piss off a member of the navy seals, c'mon boy sleep with their wives. Old zod with ursa and non are a funny bunch though. The level of ham is off the charts.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@w0nd:

Although arrogance should not be equated with sudden drop of intelligence when facing the main characters, it may not be a lack of humility but that of common sense.

I dare you to train with adam west then piss off a member of the navy seals, c'mon boy sleep with their wives. Old zod with ursa and non are a funny bunch though. The level of ham is off the charts.

Lol I am not disagreeing, superman should have been killed.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nerx

@w0nd: Its like the three bullies vs the wiseguy

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hewhosees:

There are lots of comic book characters that don't work well in a modern setting

Most stories in the world are about "sticking it to the man".

If the character is a person of power, they'll at least be a jerkass. That's why Superman was raised by farmers.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool. I'm looking more and more forward to this movie every day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.