Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

BvS Will Honor Superman - Zack Loves Superman

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I've never been worried that this movie is just meant to be Batgod beats Superman. It wouldn't make sense fro ma story teling point of view. The way I see it, BvS is meant to be the redeemer for SUperman in the eyes of the public after what happened in MoS. In Zack I trust

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh like how MOS was a testament to Superman's 75th anniversary despite everything it got wrong? Yeah sorry but even if Zack does love Superman, he doesn't show it that well with his shoddy directing and poor understanding of the source material. That's why he's getting a lot of rightful flak.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Zack Snyder likes something dont mean its going to be great.

Flawed nerd logic, love for something dont mean its going to fix your flaws as filmmaker.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Transformers1024

We also thought George Lucas loved Star Wars until he presented the prequel trilogy.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Meh. I'm still kinda hopeful that this movie works out. But at the moment i'm very close to washing my hands of the film. I loved man of steel [yes i know i'll be burned at the stake for that comment but oh well] and thought it was the greatest superman film ever and it's my perfect CBM. However the revelations we're getting about the new film i,e Affleck getting chosen because he's about 2 inches taller than cavil, batman getting a kryptonite suit which will mean a stomp for the fight. All of this is annoying and again brings me back to the point of Why? Why they need to fight at all? I'd much prefer a team up and not a fight. But whatever, we've still got two years until the film comes out. Hopefully it'll be better than what i'm thinking.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Meh, up to this point I am not excited with the DCCU in general. The rumors about WB's "dark and serious" approach kills any excitement and expectation I have especially for Superman.

We also thought George Lucas loved Star Wars until he presented the prequel trilogy.

Its funny cause its true!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

Meh, up to this point I am not excited with the DCCU in general. The rumors about WB's "dark and serious" approach kills any excitement and expectation I have especially for Superman.

2 things

1-DC's No Joke Rumor- Thats how I view it if the rumors are true

2-That rumor was confirmed false by multiple people. One of them being Seth Rogen

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaintWildcard
    Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That Zack Snyder likes something dont mean its going to be great.

Flawed nerd logic, love for something dont mean its going to fix your flaws as filmmaker.

This.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Preacher isn't going to be apart of the DCCU. Soooo Seth Rogen isn't a very good reliable source...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: Preacher isn't going to be apart of the DCCU. Soooo Seth Rogen isn't a very good reliable source...

It's all DC. If Kevin Smith who has nothing to do with the DC universe can get info, Seth can even more so because he works with them.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can have a very different view on a character from other people and still love the character.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: That's like asking Stephen Ammell what Green Arrow is up to in the DC Cinematic Universe.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: That's like asking Stephen Ammell what Green Arrow is up to in the DC Cinematic Universe.

That's not the same thing at all. Ammell also isn't asked about any of the rumors and only gives vague answers regarding the DCCU. Seth pretty much said that the rumor was bulls**t and not true, why would he said it if he knew nothing? He doesn't seem like an attention hog and his word is more valid than some dumb rumor which still hasn't been confirmed

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Neither would Rogen. He's adapting a Vertigo imprint for AMC, nothing to do with the DCCU. An even better example is asking the writers of I Zombie what the DCCU is like.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:

Meh. I'm still kinda hopeful that this movie works out. But at the moment i'm very close to washing my hands of the film. I loved man of steel [yes i know i'll be burned at the stake for that comment but oh well] and thought it was the greatest superman film ever and it's my perfect CBM. However the revelations we're getting about the new film i,e Affleck getting chosen because he's about 2 inches taller than cavil, batman getting a kryptonite suit which will mean a stomp for the fight. All of this is annoying and again brings me back to the point of Why? Why they need to fight at all? I'd much prefer a team up and not a fight. But whatever, we've still got two years until the film comes out. Hopefully it'll be better than what i'm thinking.

Their reaction to your comment.
    Their reaction to your comment.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: Oh they'll team up.

They'll probably fight first, but they'll team up. And there's a number of reasons Batman could pick a fight with Superman, but they'll realize that they're being played, put aside their differences and work together as a team.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Neither would Rogen. He's adapting a Vertigo imprint for AMC, nothing to do with the DCCU. An even better example is asking the writers of I Zombie what the DCCU is like.

And have they came out and said something?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SaintWildcard

@deathpoolthet1000: Stop with the gif overkill!!! Also you're statement on why Batman is in it is still wrong and based on your assumption even though quotes from the director debunk it

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh god..........

Everyone in this thread makes me feel so smart right now.....

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Stop with the gif overkill!!! Also you're statement on why Batman is in it is still wrong and based on your assumption even though quotes from the director debunk it

They said there is an artistic reason and i believe it, but not notice the fact that Batman name make more money is wrong, also ignore the fact there was nothing in Man of Steel telling that he was going to fight Batman and will pretty much met all the JL in the next movie.

Batman makes money, movie industry is an industry and has to make money.

More Money = Bigger Chances to Get the other movies going.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

They said there is an artistic reason and i believe it, but not notice the fact that Batman name make more money is wrong, also ignore the fact there was nothing in Man of Steel telling that he was going to fight Batman and will pretty much met all the JL in the next movie.

Batman makes money, movie industry is an industry and has to make money.

More Money = Bigger Chances to Get the other movies going.

This has nothing to do with Batman being popular. At some point Batman was gonna get introduced, and it makes sense for the 2 most iconic heroes to meet first. Everything else you're pointing out is unnecessary and pointless

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: You obviously decide to ignore their pre Man of Steel comments about Batman being let in the freezer to cool down and how after the Man of Steel backlash they changed their attitude and comments.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: You obviously decide to ignore their pre Man of Steel comments about Batman being let in the freezer to cool down and how after the Man of Steel backlash they changed their attitude and comments.

I've never heard once them say anything about Batman. And again, the way the story came up was natural and most people would agree it makes sense. But you keep wanting to make it into a Batman is saving the DCCU comment. Batman being in it is more due to Snyder's batfan nature than anything else.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I bet if someone told people that the sky is green someone would believe it.

BvS will 'honor' Superman, yeah, right. The can't outright say "F yeah we're going to piss all over Superman and his fans," they'll lose a lot from the opening weekend.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has any of you knee-jerk naysayers actually seen the video? Whatever your gloomy predictions, it actually does a good job of addressing a lot of people's concerns. We can choose not to take Snyder's word for it, but if nothing else, he seems to be candid almost to a fault, so it really shouldn't be that hard to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@self-dceit: he also said Zod wasn't the villain of Man of Steel...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.