Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18881 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Bring back Christopher Kent!

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If Damian Wayne who is the genetically perfected son of Talia and Batman can exist and be cannon. Why not Chris our boi?

We would finally see something new in the stale Superman universe.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Yes. Chris was a great decision direction wise. I didn't like how he was aborted as a concept. So much potential and it would re-kindle the dynamic of the Lois/Clark pairing in the pre-52 that became stale.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as he's related to Superman in some way, i'm cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I thought Kryptonians couldn't have children with humans.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

He was the son of General Zod.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@squares said:

Chris Kent was General Zod and Ursa's son from the Phantom Zone. His parents sent him to Earth with the intent of infiltrating Earth society but Superman adopted him and took him in with Lois. He became their adopted son and showed up in the Superman title alongside Action Comics before sacrificing himself to seal the Phantom Zone. Then he met up with some random Kryptonian chick who was Kara's friend, Chris got aged into a young man somehow, their bodies became hosts for the Flamebird and Nightwing entities and then he went back to the Phantom Zone again. Sorry for the mini history lesson but that's the overview of Chris Kent.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as WW is not the mother.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Bringing Chris back is meaningless at this point.

1. He is (or was) just substitute for son which Superman and Lois never had. Now that New-52 spawned Jon Lane-Kent, that core part of Chris’ character is erased.

2. Chris was a way to freshen up stale family life of Superman. Supes had it all figured out for him back then – living parents, wife, successful career both as a journalist and superhero plus he was in ideal age to become a stepfather – middle-to-late thirties. New-52 Superman is a young man; at this point of his life it doesn’t make any sense to bring Chris back imo.

3. Wasn’t DC talking something about “no-marriage” and probably by extension, no children policy for their heroes? Clark as single father. Uh, no.

4. And the last, but not the least. I can’t see what’s so special about Chris. Yes, he was a nice character, with simple and good origin and back story, but he didn’t bring anything really important and lasting into Supes’ comics. Also, his return as young man and becoming Nightwing? Ultimate meh. Looks like authors themselves didn’t know what to do with him even in Pre-New-52.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Doesn't Damian kind of put an end to any thoughts of a "no children" policy. Hell, they went out of their way to bring him back to life.

Plus, I think it would be kind of cool for at least a similar character to take on the Nightwing mantel as a Kryptonian. I actually think that's something that could be done with one of the Superboys in the future (JLK or Conner.)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SanoHibiki

@scouterv:

Doesn't Damian kind of put an end to any thoughts of a "no children" policy. Hell, they went out of their way to bring him back to life.

You kinda missed my point. “No children” policy – it’s just my side-thought; “single father” because of “no marriage” – I don’t want to see Clark in such predicament. Besides, Damian is special case. His comics’ history is rich enough to warrant his return; I can’t say the same about Chris.

Plus, I think it would be kind of cool for at least a similar character to take on the Nightwing mantel as a Kryptonian. I actually think that's something that could be done with one of the Superboys in the future (JLK or Conner.)

To each his own :) But you said it yourself – it could be easily done with one of future Kon-Els or even JLK. No need to bring exactly Chris for that.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I don't know. Single-Father Superman sounds a little interesting to me. Would certainly be something to see. And even though I like him, I wouldn't call Damians' history "rich" exactly.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@sanohibiki: I don't know. Single-Father Superman sounds a little interesting to me. Would certainly be something to see. And even though I like him, I wouldn't call Damians' history "rich" exactly.

OT but define rich. if were talking more than an arc or even a year damian has chris beat by a mile. if were talking notable runs(morrison's batman/ batman inc) it's a no contest.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Damian's history is rich enough (and at least well liked among fans) so are his present and future.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout: Not comparing him to Chris at all. I mean just in general.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Superguy1591

No, N52 Superman isn't that kind of Superman. Bringing Chris back wouldn't make any sense since Chris was introduced to give Lois and Clark a challenge in their relationship.

What we need is a parallel Earth Superman and Wonder Woman spawn that's pure evil, but Lobdell already ruined that idea by having that abomination of Lois and Clark.

Think of it: Superman and Diana have a son and daughter in another Earth. The son wants to conquer the multiverse and he comes to Earth Prime looking for his sister who came to this Earth because Earth Prime Superman and Wonder Woman, as has been mentioned by Pak, are the best Superman and Wonder Woman the multiverse has to offer and she wants their help in stopping her brother. Superman and Wonder Woman have to team up to stop him and, once they do, Superman and Wonder Woman have to weigh their relationship.

On the one hand, they can produce a true hero like their alternate daughter. On the other hand, they could produce a spawn of Satan like their alternate son.

I dunno, I have all these ideas that I'm sure people probably hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By SaintWildcard

@superguy1591 said:

Think of it: Superman and Diana have a son and daughter in another Earth. The son wants to conquer the multiverse and he comes to Earth Prime looking for his sister who came to this Earth because Earth Prime Superman and Wonder Woman, as has been mentioned by Pak, are the best Superman and Wonder Woman the multiverse has to offer and she wants their help in stopping her brother. Superman and Wonder Woman have to team up to stop him and, once they do, Superman and Wonder Woman have to weigh their relationship.

\

This may or may not happen considering the solicit for SM/WW 14.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid said:

There is always the chance to see him in Multiversity.

Yeah, he was in the latest issue.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad you all agree.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Superboy (Kon) also technically Clark's and Lois son?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Chris/Damian/Wally = Young Justice

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta said:

Technically, modified clone of their son. IDK what it makes him…

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta said:

Technically, modified clone of their son. IDK what it makes him…

Didn't he also have their DNA in his DNA (I mean actually collected from them, not from Jonn), and Jonn's like you said. Or was it that what you meant by modified?

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If "because Batman has one" is the best reason you can come up with to justify Chris' return, then it's probably just as well he remains in limbo. A much better story was told with the orphan Tommy in "The Son of Superman" (Superman v1 #57) without any Phantom Zone and artificial ageing shenanigans, and like others posited above, now is definitely not a good time for Superman to be a father, biological or otherwise.

Besides, Chris reminds me of Superman Returns, and that's never a good thing.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta:

Didn't he also have their DNA in his DNA (I mean actually collected from them, not from Jonn), and Jonn's like you said. Or was it that what you meant by modified?

Connor’s origin is a mess in New-52 imo.

The way I understand it, human and kryptonian DNA not completely compatible if you’re talking about making hybrid babies in natural way. Hence JLK’s genetic instability and sickness. To cure him, Harvest needed supply of donor’s tissue; for that he used JLK’s own DNA, replaced damaged parts of genome with healthy samples from Superman and Lois (just like you said) and grew Connor from that.

So basically, Connor is healthy and stronger clone of JLK.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Chris was a great decision direction wise. I didn't like how he was aborted as a concept. So much potential and it would re-kindle the dynamic of the Lois/Clark pairing in the pre-52 that became stale.

Couldn't agree more.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would be kinda meaningless if he was.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I actually like that idea man don't sell yourself so short.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, N52 Superman isn't that kind of Superman. Bringing Chris back wouldn't make any sense since Chris was introduced to give Lois and Clark a challenge in their relationship.

What we need is a parallel Earth Superman and Wonder Woman spawn that's pure evil, but Lobdell already ruined that idea by having that abomination of Lois and Clark.

On the one hand, they can produce a true hero like their alternate daughter. On the other hand, they could produce a spawn of Satan like their alternate son.

I dunno, I have all these ideas that I'm sure people probably hate.

Not gonna lie. You'd have to do a lot to make this different from your usual "Evil-prone Superman's at it again!" storyline.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do t bring him back

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: He wouldn't look like Superman solely, more of an amalgamation of Clark and Diana.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: it because they are closed minded about superman and treat him like an idea instead of a character when in truth he is both. Plus maybe it alot of the clois fans that hate because they are still drinking that haterade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.