Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Brainiac Discussed

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Brainiac is my favorite Superman villain. In my opinion I feel he's at his best in STAS,JL,JLU and in the Legion of Superheroes continuity. I've never liked the comic Brainiac as much as this version. Don't get me wrong I still like the character I just think it fits better in the cartoon. Even the version from Superman:Unbound which is based on the comics seems below average.

I'm asking my fellow viners if they have the same opinion.

So which Brainiac do you like better STAS or Comics/Unbound.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the "I am the knowledge and strength of ten thousand worlds. I am flesh and machine. I am becoming everything." is my fave line from brainiac in unbound

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the "I am the knowledge and strength of ten thousand worlds. I am flesh and machine. I am becoming everything." is my fave line from brainiac in unbound

Same here. I just didn't like how he lost brought me back to War Of the Worlds.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: yup agree I wanted too see brainiac and supes go at it but all well.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like cartoon Brainiac more, I guess. But I like Vril Dox too. So I don't know if this version can work together with Vril.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me the best versions of Brainiac are the ones that came after the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

All of them were powerful in more ways than one. But none was more powerful than the current version. Brainiac now with the N52 has gone from a collector of worlds to a collector of timelines.

He's the god-machine. And for whatever reason Superman is the only character he feels more threatened by.

I always assumed that happened because of Superman lack of initiative and will to explore where his limits lie. And that Superman potential is so great that he's actually more than a threat to Brainiac than he realizes.

But still their eternal duel has if anything helped Brainiac evolve to more powerful versions while Superman has stayed pretty much the same.

I would really love to see a timeline where this duel maked more sense. Like for example if on Krypton, kryptonians all had incredible powerful minds, reaching to the 9th or 10th level and that Jor-El had been the first 12th level. With incredible powerful psionic powers. Not on the level of Martian Manhunter but something on the same level has Superboy.

And that Kal also had inherited from his father a 12th level mind. Add to that the powers that kryptonian physiology grants under an above M class star, and that Superman had in him the potential to surpass anything Brainiac ever would be able to achieve.

That would make their duel something about greed, envy, and rage. Brainiac would not allow Superman to surpass him in every way, for him to achieve his full potential. And for that Brainiac would either try to bend Superman to his will or destroy him if he resisted.

By the way. A question to all Viners.

Does anyone has a theory about how those mind levels work? Because that's the only thing about Brainiac and genius in general in the DCU that I never understood.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am a huge fan of JL/U and STAS interpretation that cold calculating voice but with the rare moments of glee as Braniac does gain the upper hand on Superman and all the personal history between them make him more than this emotionless machine but this eternal threat that Superman is forever destined to clash with.

However as several people have pointed out that line from Superman: Unbound is fantastic.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.