Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

blue/red superman?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Mighty Thor

would someone mind explaining me about these guys

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

The Mighty Thor says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1807/199887-superman_400.jpgwould someone mind explaining me about these guys"

first pink lanters... now red and blue supeses LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Warlock360 says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
    "http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1807/199887-superman_400.jpg would someone mind explaining me about these guys"
    first pink lanters... now red and blue supeses LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

Lol. DC's running out of idea. lol. jk

I don't know, I think they look kinda cool.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

I don't know they whole story or anything but from what I was told. They are just Superman spilt into two people or something like that.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Mighty Thor

I don't know, I think they look kinda cool."

i think that to bt i'm trying to figure out there history

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"I don't know they whole story or anything but from what I was told. They are just Superman spilt into two people or something like that."

Oh that's just stupid. Like they don't already have enough Superman knock offs.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

The original Superman-Red/Superman-Blue tale is an imaginary story that appears in Superman vol. 1, #162 (July 1963). The script was written by Leo Dorfman, with art by Curt Swan. In the story, Superman has decided he wants to finish his list of unaccomplished goals, including the enlargement of the Bottle City of Kandor. In order to accomplish these goals, Superman invents a machine, powered by various types of kryptonite, that will increase his intelligence. The machine works, increasing Superman's intelligence a hundred fold, but with the unexpected side effect of splitting Superman into two beings, Superman-Red and Superman-Blue.

The twin Supermen successfully enlarged Kandor, freeing its citizens from their bottle prison. They then bring the remnants of Krypton together, creating a "New Krypton." The two Supermen go on to create an "anti-evil" ray, which can cure criminal tendencies in anyone. They place the ray into satellites in orbit around the Earth, curing not only such DC villains as Lex Luthor and Mr. Mxyzptlk, but Fidel Castro and Nikita Kruschev as well. The reformed Luthor goes on to invent a serum that cures all known diseases, which he puts into the water supply.

With nearly all of the world's problems sovled, the two Supermen have time to deal with personal matters. The split allows them to resolve the love triangle between Superman, Lois Lane, and Lana Lang. Each woman claims her own Superman, and they have a triple wedding: Superman-Blue marries Lana, Superman-Red marries Lois, and Lucy Lane marries Jimmy Olsen. Red decides to live on New Krypton, sacrificing his powers, while Blue remains on Earth, starting a Super-family.

Superman-Red and Superman-Blue appear in a panel in Infinite Crisis #5, when Alexander Luthor, Jr. is trying to fuse the many alternate Supermen, as well as in Superman/Batman #25 alongside an army of alternate Supermen and Batmen.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Mighty Thor

thanks warlock

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360

The Mighty Thor says:

"thanks warlock"

no prob i am alknowing if there ever is a question u cant answer i can ;)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
    "I don't know they whole story or anything but from what I was told. They are just Superman spilt into two people or something like that."

Oh that's just stupid. Like they don't already have enough Superman knock offs."

How are they knock offs of themselves?

Warlock360 says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
    "thanks warlock"

no prob i am alknowing if there ever is a question u cant answer i can ;)"

How did the Metabaron get his scar?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.