Black Kryptonite in the upcming Man of Steel

#1 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

http://nukethefridge.com/exclusive/ntf-exclusive-black-kryptonite-image-from-the-set-of-man-of-steel

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Or it could just be prop rocks.

#3 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be...this is just a rumor after all..who knows

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Most likely this and it will probably be altered further through CGI. You can't introduce Black Kryptonite without the green stuff first.

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that they probably wouldn't introduce black kryptonite until a sequel because it'd probably be quite confusing for people who aren't massive fans of Big Blue.

#6 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: Or they could introduce it at the end of the movie as a segway to the sequel

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

There's black kryptonite in the first place? What does it do?

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno I guess I'm a little sick of all the other kryptonites, even Kryptonite itself is kinda boring me. I hope they won't use Kryptonite as a plot point. Even better, make it such that Kryptonite affects all human as much as supes, just like in the comics.

#9 Edited by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: According wiki:

It later made its first appearance in a DC comic in September 2005's Supergirl #2, where it apparently possessed the ability to split a person or a person's personality into two separate entities. In Supergirl #3, Luthor used black kryptonite on Supergirl, which caused her to split into two separate people, one wearing Supergirl's traditional costume, and another wearing a black-and-white version. Luthor claimed that he was given the black kryptonite by Darkseid, which had similar effects on Superman, creating an evil Superman. In All-Star Superman, which takes place outside of DC Universe continuity, black kryptonite makes Superman evil. In an issue of Superman/Batman, while remembering the abilities of the different forms of kryptonite, he exclaimed, "Black and I'm robbed of my sanity," accompanied by a broken wedding picture of Lois and Clark covered in blood. This suggests that in some form or another black kryptonite can negatively impact Superman's morals and behavior, twisting his normal state of mind.

#10 Edited by Hunter114 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

There's black kryptonite in the first place? What does it do?

It's supposed to separate Kryptonians into two separate beings, one good and one evil... kinda like what they did in Superman III, but I believe it was first named in Smallville

Also... that could just be debris... I mean not all rocks are the same size, shape and color

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: @Hunter114: Ah. Yeah, I'll stick with Green.

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@sethysquare said:

Most likely this and it will probably be altered further through CGI. You can't introduce Black Kryptonite without the green stuff first.

#13 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

Atleast it isn't pink kryptonite,That would be horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.