Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Big Man of Steel changes - potential spoilers

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The article is here: http://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumor-that-would-change-superman-for-t-487577190

Essentially, Krypton still existed at the time Superman is an adult on earth. Superman is sent to earth because he is special and will be hunted, not because the planet is doomed and they want to save their son.

To think, I was put off by the costume and gender swap of Jimmy Olson.

What thoughts do you guys have?

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LaserLambert
    w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert: haha i was going to link the exact same picture. That's not the only place that said Krypton was destroyed.

People have a habit of abandoning their threads I noticed. If you do come back wanna tell us where you found out krypton was still around?

I think the illegal thing is just to add to the whole "you can choose your own destiny" point nothing more than that. I doubt most of the movie will have to do with Clark being born illegally. Considering there is a whole civil war going on, Zod being captured so on and so on. I think Zod knows this and calls Jor-El out on it but I doubt it will be a central point of the movie which leads him to earth

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I labeled this as a spoiler because the article I took the story from called it a potential spoiler.

The image provided pretty clearly shows it not to be the case though.

Still hoping he isn't "special" and still needs the sun.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@muyjingo: He's special because was made out of love and not class selection like other causes of procreation on Krypton.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By w0nd

@muyjingo: in that new krypton story arc, you had your classes that you were born into. Workers, Scientists, Artist guilds, Soldiers. From your birth you were chosen to be one of these. Clark was not, thus making him special....that's the ONLY reason he is called special, because his life wasn't planned out for him.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: He's special because was made out of love and not class selection like other causes of procreation on Krypton.

@w0nd said:

@muyjingo: in that new krypton story arc, you had your classes that you were born into. Workers, Scientists, Artist guilds, Soldiers. From your birth you were chosen to be one of these. Clark was not, thus making him special....that's the ONLY reason he is called special, because his life wasn't planned out for him.

How are you guys certain of this? I've heard this, but I've also heard the rumor that he would have powers even on Krypton...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By w0nd

@muyjingo:

You believe there will be a super baby in the movie? In the trailers you can here Lara and Jor talking, he took into account that he will be a god on earth, meaning he would have to go there to get his powers.

If he had powers on krypton then His mother wouldn't be worried that "they would kill him" if he was sent to another planet, he would just be another super powered being.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/04/15/7-big-man-of-steel-plot-revelations-spoilers-ahead/

An official statement will clear this up so I will return when i have concrete proof.

Updated: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/05/man-of-steel-russell-crowe-confirms-krypton-dies/ not only does it say krypton is done, but mentions John Byrne version of Superman, his birth being illegal

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@muyjingo:

You believe there will be a super baby in the movie? In the trailers you can here Lara and Jor talking, he took into account that he will be a god on earth, meaning he would have to go there to get his powers.

If he had powers on krypton then His mother wouldn't be worried that "they would kill him" if he was sent to another planet, he would just be another super powered being.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/04/15/7-big-man-of-steel-plot-revelations-spoilers-ahead/

An official statement will clear this up so I will return when i have concrete proof.

Updated: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/05/man-of-steel-russell-crowe-confirms-krypton-dies/ not only does it say krypton is done, but mentions John Byrne version of Superman, his birth being illegal

OK cool. It wasn't that I thought he would be a super baby, that's just been a rumor floating around. It seems unlikely to be true, good news.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Jimmy isn't getting a gender swap!!! Yay! Turns out its his sister Jenny Olsen.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

WAT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.