Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Best Superman team up with a hero from Marvel

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Who would be a good team up for Superman from Marvel be it group or just one?

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost. Physically, she can somewhat keep up with him in her diamond form, and would be of help in psychic matters. Besides, New-52 Superman is feisty, and I'd predict an interesting dynamic between these two, out of left field as it might seem.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Spider-Man

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol Danvers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By SOG7dc

@allstarsuperman:

100% agreed. I think they're very similar in some areas. I think that the Kent's and the Parker's would have been close family friends

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman & Thor or Beta Ray Bill

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By OrangeBat

Captain Mar-Vell would be ideal, if he wasn't dead.

Fantastic Four, probably. They hang out in similar niches.

An anti-hero Dr. Doom/Superman team-up story would be cool.

Nova Corps?

Thor?

Emma Frost. Physically, she can somewhat keep up with him in her diamond form, and would be of help in psychic matters. Besides, New-52 Superman is feisty, and I'd predict an interesting dynamic between these two, out of left field as it might seem.

Eh?

Look, I like Emma, but there's no way in hell she's even close to be being able to hang with Superman physically. Even in her diamond form. Personality-wise, I don't really see them getting along. It would just culminate in Emma making a lot of snarky wisecracks, and Superman just ignoring her and getting shit done.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain America or Thor. it would be like Thor and Hyperions friendship

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@fuzzylittlerodent: could you imagine Clark saving Peter from the radioactive spider bite lol. Clark thinks he's saving his friends life.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kfabz-23

Captain america or x men

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 2cool4fun

SIlver Surfer

Exploring the galaxy together :3

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Blue Marvel

Gladiator

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Self-DCeit

@orangebat said:
    Eh?

Look, I like Emma, but there's no way in hell she's even close to be being able to hang with Superman physically. Even in her diamond form. Personality-wise, I don't really see them getting along. It would just culminate in Emma making a lot of snarky wisecracks, and Superman just ignoring her and getting shit done.

By "hang with" I should have clarified I meant "not be a complete physical liability during fights", and I was very much referring to her diamond form.

As for their personalities, they definitely wouldn't get along, and that's exactly why I conceive them having an interesting - if antagonistic - chemistry. Especially the New 52 Superman, who got his Golden Age edge back and would most certainly react to her sexual innuendoes and sarcastic demeanour. And, if he ignores her, so much the better, as Emma can't bear to be ignored. Conflict is the essence of drama, which literary fiction requires. The Man of Steel and the White Queen would provide that in spades.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cap.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is not a team worker, this would inevitably result in a dick measuring contest disguised as friendship. The only suitable partner for Superman is another Superman from another Earth.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SunDeep

@foamborn said:

Superman is not a team worker, this would inevitably result in a dick measuring contest disguised as friendship. The only suitable partner for Superman is another Superman from another Earth.

So- Hyperion?

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America would be my choice.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

So- Hyperion?

or Sue Storm 'cause she's already invisible ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: in "the last family of krypton" supermans parents save lantern Abin Sur, Batman's parents, and even rescue Oliver Queen from the island!

Superman would save Peter, the hulks, the ghost riders, tony stark, Matt Murdock, even thor would still have his arm!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow good answers , the mind of Peter would be great to team up with the mind of Clark both smart and down to earth. The honor of Thor and the idea of Superman are both u in that same area so that would also be good to see.

Captain America would be of same mind also.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms Marvel and Jean Grey.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Superman would Team up with boring overrated Marvel heroes ?

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry and Juggernaut

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Superman is a awesome example of a hero , he is a true leader a great person and anybody would love to say they knew him.

Boyscout through and through a noble warrior and what is best in all life.

So when it comes to teaming up with Marvel he shines very bright and to some he would be that example they need. What makes a great story is great characters finding a path and then walking it.

The problem with Marvel or even Dc if they do not change how things are done is people want to put every story in every other story. This happened and that and this here to. They need to just keep things simple. A story stands alone unless otherwise said so. The justice League is in one universe and so on and so forth no more every single story that has ever taken place has taken place in our characters past some place maybe it was last Thursday? Makes everybody comic book lawyers and what fun is that.

A great story can be enjoyed again and you get to have fresh idea's and you can say wow that is just what the doctor asked for. You can put fresh life back into a stale industry and you can get rid of comic book lawyers.

Your stories can inspire the desire to be creative and knew characters could pop up and people would be amazed at them and the world would all take a step to the left and it would be ok.

The world would end but it would be another beginning not thee ending. Open the mind to the possible.

What are we lacking in life is the idea that anything is possible and it shows in our schools and our co-workers and in our every day life.

That anything is possible if you give it the right amount of effort and you have a open mind.

change is not always bad it is a doorway to a better tomorrow or at least a tomorrow.

Stagnation makes for a boring life.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America would be my first choice.

On some levels their team up would be similar to BM/SM – Cap’s peak of human abilities, master combatant and while he’s not such “preparation master” as Batman, his knowledge of tactics and strategy is very impressive and will come in handy. But different motivations, character history and modus operandi – all these will come to different dynamics in this team to keep it interesting imo.

My second choice would be Blue Marvel.

Honestly, I’m curious in possible interplay and communication between their characters. One is alien born with incredible powers, other one is human who got similar abilities later in life; one is a dreamer and just a good guy who likes to help others, other one is a former soldier; one often doesn’t trusted because of his alien origin, other one faced prejudices because of his skin’ color.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.