Best ever Superman?

#1 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Who in you're Opinion was or still is the best ever Superman, out of the old back in the day T.V Shows or Movies.

Or even Tom Welling from Smallville.

I think Brandon Routh from Superman Returns. Even though he has only done one Movie, i really like Him.

Either him or Christopher Reeve.

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Reeve.

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Christopher Reeve."

Agreed.

#4 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."
Agreed."

I agree

Colt Python says:

"Reeves is probably the worst actor to ever play a superhero...next to Nicholas Cage if you count GR as a superhero."

What do you have against George Reeves?

#5 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

christopher reeve

#6 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"christopher reeve"

same here

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

good choice

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."

Reeves is probably the worst actor to ever play a superhero...next to Nicholas Cage if you count GR as a superhero."

come on that's not true

#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"good choice"

if you said so it must be right lol

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#11 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Welling is pretty good.
Post Edited:2008-01-27 19:23:04

#12 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville is one of the only two shows that I actually watch, and I'm a fan of Tom Welling as Clark. But, that's not really Superman, the best Superman was Christopher Reeve.

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Smallville is one of the only two shows that I actually watch, and I'm a fan of Tom Welling as Clark. But, that's not really Superman, the best Superman was Christopher Reeve."

totally agree

Tom Welling is a good Clark Kent but I can't see him as Superman

#14 Posted by lordraiden (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Reeve all the way! he embodied superman best! he had the look, character and presence needed for superman! Brandon Routh's not bad as a younger superman!

#15 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Blue Lantern 2814 says:
"Smallville is one of the only two shows that I actually watch, and I'm a fan of Tom Welling as Clark. But, that's not really Superman, the best Superman was Christopher Reeve."

totally agree

Tom Welling is a good Clark Kent but I can't see him as Superman"

Agreed.

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Routh. Tom Welling is second. Christopher Reeve wasn't that bad, IMO.

#17 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."
Reeves is probably the worst actor to ever play a superhero...next to Nicholas Cage if you count GR as a superhero."
come on that's not true"

Did you watch the old Superman movies.Reeves is a horrible actor."

Even if he wasn't a good actor, he was a good Superman.

#18 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I could be a better Superman and I'm Black."

Erm, what does race have to do with being Superman? It was the 70s, acting back then was so corny and cheesy. It makes me laugh too.

#19 Posted by Dash Dangerous (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Colt Python says:
Erm, what does race have to do with being Superman? It was the 70s, acting back then was so corny and cheesy. It makes me laugh too."

Besides, Mohammed Ali was the Black Superman!!

I haven't liked ANY of the portrayls of Superman in any movie or TV show except for Geroge Newbern, who did the voice of Supes in the Justice League cartoon!!!

#20 Posted by TRTrunks (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Christopher Reeve."

agreed

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

O_O

You're Black!?

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought you were white. Real talk.

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, pimptight. You seem like a white guy. The way you argue points and stuff. And your user name says it all, too. LOL. No offense, though.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python sounds like a name that a Caucasian would most likely use. Not tryna be racist there. I don't type like I talk either. I like to proper when debating. But, still man. I just thought you were white. LOL.

#25 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Reed is the only Superman.

#26 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

christopher reeves MADE the character in terms of live action film. however if we talk series, i thought dean caine played a good superman and tom welling was good in smallville. brandon routh was closest thing to reeves so he was prety good.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I can't even believe this sh!t.lol,well you know now i'm not white."

Yeah. I know now. :P

#28 Posted by Angelic Reaper (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Reeves

#29 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Christopher Reeve."

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."

Agreed."

Apparition says:

"christopher reeve"

lordraiden says:

"Christopher Reeve all the way! he embodied superman best! he had the look, character and presence needed for superman! Brandon Routh's not bad as a younger superman!"

TRTrunks says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."

agreed"

Angelic Reaper says:

"Christopher Reeves"

agree to all the above!!!

#30 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."
Eternal Chaos says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."
Agreed."
Apparition says:
"christopher reeve"
lordraiden says:
"Christopher Reeve all the way! he embodied superman best! he had the look, character and presence needed for superman! Brandon Routh's not bad as a younger superman!"
TRTrunks says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Christopher Reeve."
agreed"
Angelic Reaper says:
"Christopher Reeves"
agree to all the above!!!"

I agree.

#31 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Blue Lantern 2814 says:

totally agree

Yeah that's exactly how i see Tom Welling.

#32 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Blue Lantern 2814 says:

totally agree

Yeah that's exactly how i see Tom Welling."

but could you see Daniel Craig as Bond? I didn't and he proved me wrong. So I would give Tom a chance.

#33 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Blue Lantern 2814 says:

totally agree

but could you see Daniel Craig as Bond? I didn't and he proved me wrong. So I would give Tom a chance."

I know what you mean, but the difference is, i have give Tom Welling a chance for Seven Seasons and still He doesn't shout Superman for me, just a guy with similar Powers. I mean, obviously it is Superman and supposed to be Superman but still...

Daniel Craig has made one Movie as Bond and i was amazed and liked him the best straight away.

#34 Posted by {ACE OF WEBS} (207 posts) - - Show Bio

reeve

#35 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"Barry Flash says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Blue Lantern 2814 says:

totally agree

but could you see Daniel Craig as Bond? I didn't and he proved me wrong. So I would give Tom a chance."

I know what you mean, but the difference is, i have give Tom Welling a chance for Seven Seasons and still He doesn't shout Superman for me, just a guy with similar Powers. I mean, obviously it is Superman and supposed to be Superman but still..."

but he's playing Clark not Superman. The closest we got to Superman was Kal-El, First Episode of season 4 Smallville. When he flew up and got to the plane. That we a bit. I also like him in Transference, where he played Lionel. That made me think he can be Clark and Superman.

#36 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Brandon Routh, from one Movie i was just amazed by His Performance!

#37 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever, none of you know what your talking about.

DEAN CAIN WAS THE BEST SUPERMAN EVER!

#38 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Supreme Marvel says:
"Barry Flash says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Blue Lantern 2814 says:

totally agree

I know what you mean, but the difference is, i have give Tom Welling a chance for Seven Seasons and still He doesn't shout Superman for me, just a guy with similar Powers. I mean, obviously it is Superman and supposed to be Superman but still..."

but he's playing Clark not Superman. The closest we got to Superman was Kal-El, First Episode of season 4 Smallville. When he flew up and got to the plane. That we a bit. I also like him in Transference, where he played Lionel. That made me think he can be Clark and Superman."

I know. But still i don't think Tom Welling has the potential to be a better Superman than the others.

#39 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"I still think Brandon Routh, from one Movie i was just amazed by His Performance!"

he was good, but if he's not doing Superman, i would pick Tom.

#40 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Barry Flash says:
"I still think Brandon Routh, from one Movie i was just amazed by His Performance!"

he was good, but if he's not doing Superman, i would pick Tom."

Do you mean if Brandon Routh wasn't to carry on playing Superman in further Movies, you would pick Tom?

#41 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"Barry Flash says:

he was good, but if he's not doing Superman, i would pick Tom."

Do you mean if Brandon Routh wasn't to carry on playing Superman in further Movies, you would pick Tom?"

yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.