Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Βecause Geoff Johns just gets it:

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon
    Great Stuff in JL#41. IF you don't buy it you miss.
    Great Stuff in JL#41. IF you don't buy it you miss.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really like how Captain Cold keeps asking about Diana. This will be really good.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun part

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@squalleon: Do you think this is great stuff in regards to Johns' Superman or Lex Luthor understanding? Also really glad to see Superman will still have some decent moments in Johns' Justice League story.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Do you think this is great stuff in regards to Johns' Superman or Lex Luthor understanding? Also really glad to see Superman will still have some decent moments in Johns' Justice League story.

Βoth. Superman and Lex playing "dare" touches on Clark's intellect on knowing Luthor's buttons and Lex's ego.

He and Luthor will have some great moments together in this arc.

@squalleon: lols. Love Lex.

Who doesn't? Most well characterized villain in the DC Universe.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great use of both characters. Well played Johns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: Superman hate by casual fans gets put on Lex Luthor, too. I wanted to see what Luthor throw down.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Awesome, not many games of Dare involve Lex getting dared into curing cancer. At least this might mean Superman and Lex's scenes in The Darkseid War might play off well in the future. How well does Fabok draw Superman's old 'new' costume by the way mate?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Reminds me of Lex telling Superman to get to work in BM/SM

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Awesome, not many games of Dare involve Lex getting dared into curing cancer. At least this might mean Superman and Lex's scenes in The Darkseid War might play off well in the future. How well does Fabok draw Superman's old 'new' costume by the way mate?

Perfectly. His belt especially is a great upgrade than JRJR's or Hitch's.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Superman hate by casual fans gets put on Lex Luthor, too. I wanted to see what Luthor throw down.

Tsk. Luthor is probably the only villain whose ideas aren't "evil", he may be driven by jealousy but his view that Superman might put the world behind isn't half wrong. Deeper than anything most other "great" villains ever are.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I'm glad to hear it, the belt was one part of the design I had my share of problems with in JRJR's depiction. I can't wait to see how splendidly Fabok draws the belt, his art's been growing in scope and detail since he started as artist on Justice League.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: I'm glad to hear it, the belt was one part of the design I had my share of problems with in JRJR's depiction. I can't wait to see how splendidly Fabok draws the belt, his art's been growing in scope and detail since he started as artist on Justice League.

His art was very good, exactly what you would expect from the flagship DC title. Mainstream, Super-buff art with much detail and widescreen panels. I didn't expect there would be someone that could replace Reis. Fabok was more than enough though. Especially his Superman, I like him more in the face area. Although nothing beats Reis' Heat vision Supes with glowing red lines. It made the armor make sense :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

His art was very good, exactly what you would expect from the flagship DC title. Mainstream, Super-buff art with much detail and widescreen panels. I didn't expect there would be someone that could replace Reis. Fabok was more than enough though. Especially his Superman, I like him more in the face area. Although nothing beats Reis' Heat vision Supes with glowing red lines. It made the armor make sense :P

Reis was a tough act to follow to be sure, Mankhe was a decent fill in artist but Fabok has been a surprising replacement on Justice League to be sure. His Wonder Woman redesign is simply exquisite and the little details he draws on Captain Cold's cold gun are just one example of how minutely specific his work can be. I like how he keeps the character's faces mostly in detail too, keeps the events on panel from getting too distant for the reader to view.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.