Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Batman steals Wonder Woman Heart?

• 102 results
    ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saint_wildcard: Why would he ''destroy'' the Batgod church when DC make money with it? There is a reason why they have 10 different Batman titles.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Saren

@saren said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@saren said:

@comicstooge said:

@saren: Bruce is just getting Clark's sloppy seconds.

Keep insisting Clark isn't a virgin and you might eventually believe it.

You really think he didn't hit that. And I thought you were smart.

You really think Ma and Pa ever even told him where babies come from. That's cute.

You really think he didn't over hear people doing it or use his X-Ray vision? X Ray vision would have been wasted on you as a teen.

You really think someone who grew up on a farm in a town right out of a Norman Rockwell painting wouldn't go "Goodness gracious, I do declare!" and pray for those degenerate souls every time that happened? You sure do know your Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saren said:

@saint_wildcard said:

You really think he didn't over hear people doing it or use his X-Ray vision? X Ray vision would have been wasted on you as a teen.

You really think someone who grew up on a farm in a town right out of a Norman Rockwell painting wouldn't go " and pray for those degenerate souls every time that happened? You sure do know your Superman.

Loading Video...

"Goodness gracious, I do declare!

That doesn't sound like something young N52 Clark would ever say.... EVER!
    That doesn't sound like something young N52 Clark would ever say.... EVER!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@saint_wildcard: You obviously didn't get the Season 1 DVD to check out the deleted scenes, which included the bit where Clark went to church and cried in the pews from shame for hours after that episode. What's that scan supposed to prove, other than Clark can imitate some Big City Boy talk he saw in the movies while growing up? "I'm your worst nightmare"? Such a creative line.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

What's that scan supposed to prove, other than Clark can imitate some Big City Boy talk he saw in the movies while growing up? "I'm your worst nightmare"? Such a creative line.

Point being that Superman ain't no southern belle.

You obviously didn't get the Season 1 DVD to check out the deleted scenes, which included the bit where Clark went to church and cried in the pews from shame for hours after that episode.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr:

Geoff Johns said the relationship between Wonder Woman and Superman would end badly.

Original question was – would SM/WW relationship end during and in finale of Trinity War. Johns answered - it would end badly. It ended badly - with both Superman and Wonder Woman being sucked into that Deathstorm’s prison. Besides, when SM/WW supporters tweeted him about what mean by that, he answered something like that - “Every relationship has its ups and downs … and ups”.

he was upset when he saw them together. Pretty much told Superman he couldn't be with her because he might have to stop her one day (WW having no weaknesses...) in another comic.

How that even relevant to the topic of this thread?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

That's because Superman can't please Diana. Only a real man can do it and Bruce Wayne is the realest man ever.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By primebonnick

i just think it's an unrequited feelings on his part. Nowhere has diana even hinted to show such interest in Bats that way but leave it to John to troll fans like this.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RustyRoy

@pperspectiveandreality said:

@killerinstinct4588 said:

I'm just sick and tired of Batman. Why can't he just sit his ass down somewhere? Nope he just have to be a nuisance, hopefully they'll be a comic were Catwoman is all up on Supes!

No Caption Provided

I agree though (to a certain extent). I'm also sick of Batman being everywhere. It's annoying that his presence in DC is so strong.

Careful guys, if the Batgod fans see this....... we just won't hear the end of it.

Clark can have Selina, Bruce already had his way with WW, Lois, Dinah, Selina and the other 90% of the female population of DC.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@rustyroy said:

@vandersexxx said:

I'm just sick and tired of Batman. Why can't he just sit his ass down somewhere? Nope he just have to be a nuisance, hopefully they'll be a comic were Catwoman is all up on Supes!

No Caption Provided

I agree though (to a certain extent). I'm also sick of Batman being everywhere. It's annoying that his presence in DC is so strong.

Careful guys, if the Batgod fans see this....... we just won't hear the end of it.

Clark can have Selina, Bruce already had his way with WW, Lois, Dinah, Selina and the other 90% of the female population of DC.

That makes for AMAZING storytelling lol

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm sick of this whole JL Gods thing Morrison started. They should all be under powered as to be more realistic. Also DC should keep all the JL members in their own single books and try to sell: Elongated Man and Legion of Super-heroes comics because that is what people want.

Jeez, I'm actually hopefully BM/WW might happen but knowing John's it'll probably end like @entropy_aegis predicted. Even the best case scenario is another horribly written romance (like SM/WW before Soule). Oh well.. not like I'm buying JL anyways.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Interesting that you mentioned Twilight, as that's apparently what the Superman/Wonder Woman series is supposed to be.

Quote from Tony Daniel:

"It’s the perfect combination of what I wanted to do. They’re two of my favorite characters and I wanted to do Superman for a long time and I really wanted a much longer run than I had on Action. I just lover Superman, Metropolis, you know, Lois Lane, his whole world. It’s funny, because in Chicago I was talking to Bobbie Chase and Bob Harras about making a book, I wasn’t referring to creating this book, but I mentioned maybe, can we create a book that targets a little bit more of the female readership that’s been growing. And maybe a book that has a little bit of romance in it, a little big of sex appeal, you know, something that would, for lack of a better example, that hits on the Twilight audience. You know, millions of people went to see those in the theaters because it has those kind of, you know, subject matter. The drama, the characterization with love triangles and forbidden love and things like that. Literally a month later they asked me, “Hey, what do you think of Superman/Wonder Woman?” And I think it took all of maybe three seconds for me to say, “Yeah, that’s great. Let’s do that.” Because that’s exactly what I was describing that we need."

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they are really Brother and Sister. That would explain Batgod. ; )

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: “The thing about Wonder Woman and Superman is when their relationship ends, it’s going to end badly. There is no good way for this one to end,” Johns is quoted in the BuzzFeed story.

And that is relevant because some people think that Batman doesn't really have feelings for her... Lois Lane will end up with Clark, like always. And it's better that way.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ShadowHuntR
    johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By johnqestion

If Geoff Johns thinks putting Diana in a love triangle between Batman and Superman is a good idea like some lame Vampire Diary BS...he better think again. Wonder Woman is now some bottle every man must sip from? Trevor, Superman and Batman? WTH? He better not really go there. It's very disrespectful to the female characters. But apparently it's also okay to treat Catwoman like garbage too by pitting the two women against each other. The idea Batman would be hankering after Diana while using Selina help when it suits him and banging her on the side when he's bored, spying on Superman who is supposed to be like a younger brother to him, while coveting his woman ...and Diana is way younger than Batman in this reboot...she's early twenties...while he's been around the block....Batman has to be a freaking sociopath.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr:

Lois Lane will end up with Clark, like always. And it's better that way.

Yeah, and it would s…k like it s…ked for 75 years. Oh well, at very least New-52 gave Clark some break time from Lois.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

...I've just written a bit of a blog rant type thing where I've stated my annoyance for DC's reliance on Batman and to a lesser extent Superman. I like the Batman character, but he's gets too much exposure in DCs comics these days.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@rustyroy said:

@vandersexxx said:

No Caption Provided

Lotsa ladies might start reading as well.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot twist: Lois Lane comes from left field and swipes Wonder Woman from the both of them??

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By PapiNacho

@buttersdaman000: If she is still a Brainiac-controlled Lois then he truly is the smartest being in the universe.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By ComicStooge

@saren: I hope Bruce can use his genius mind to cure his inevitable case of HIV.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx said:

@rustyroy said:

@vandersexxx said:

No Caption Provided

Lotsa ladies might start reading as well.

No Caption Provided

Fifty Shades Of Batman?

Issue #1: "Busting up drug dealers isn't how Black Canary planned on spending Valentine's Day. But a chance run-in with Batman might just ensure that her night isn't completely wasted."

Issue #2: Well, you get the idea...

themistyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By themistyone

Hahaha is DC for real? So Batman is playing Superman for a fool all along and Wonderwoman is getting wh*red around the justice league.

3 guys in 3 years if this happened. ffs DC. 3 GUYS IN 3 YEARS!!.haha

Just so you know Hal also shown interest in Wonderwoman, maybe they can make him the 2015 guy.haha

Yep sacrifice all your characters to make Batman look good then complain that your sales are dwindling except for batman comics. DC should sell all its licences to Marvel and just keep Batman. Marvel can't possibly make things worse than this right? Oh wait! how are they going to make Batman look good without this guys. silly me.haha

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShadowHuntR

@sanohibiki: That's your opinion. IMO, Lois Lane is probably what makes Superman human in the first place...

Superboy is the son of Lois and Clark in the new 52.

From the future :

No Caption Provided

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By johnqestion

@shadowhuntr said:

@sanohibiki: That's your opinion. IMO, Lois Lane is probably what makes Superman human in the first place...

From the future :

No Caption Provided

You really don't READ comics do you? Not that it matters but Superman and Wonder Woman had a Jonathan Kent in the Kingdom in the 90ties and many other children so they been there done that in many AU many times. But Jon Lane Kent is a mass murderer. He's an evil Superboy created by Scott Lobdell that caused the Superboy title to plummet in sales and DC to KILL Kon and end the Superboy run. Seems the fans who BUY comics know BS when they read it.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pizzaman

Hope this doesn't happen. Like Batman needs the panties of every superheroine....

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr: Lois and Superman have a kid: Evil Superboy that wants to kill every metahuman

Wonder Woman and Superman have a kid: Only hero that has control over Hypertime

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Wonder Woman and Superman don't have a kid in the New 52...

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange, once again I didn’t get any notifications…

@shadowhuntr:

IMO, Lois Lane is probably what makes Superman human in the first place...

Ah, my “favorite” pro-Lois argument. She is a source of Clark’s humanity. It’s not like he was raised by Kents, it’s not like he grew as a among us all his life, have friends and in general usually meets Lois in his twenties, no, without her he don’t have a chance in maintaining his humanity. Right…

You actually gone there… Some genetically flawed, mass murdering son from alternate future that didn’t happen and who is compelling to read as much as Superboy-Prime. I don’t even find Lobdell to be that bad, but whatever sh…t happened with Conner and Jon Lane-Kent’ appearance are two most awful things New-52 done for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman isn't some trophy to be passed around from man to man

or is she?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman and Wonder Woman would be an interesting coupling but I don't want to see her jump from Supes to Bats. I wouldn't mind them going back to Steve Trevor since I'd like to see that explored more and we kinda missed out with the five year jump. It would also be nice if DC finally acknowledged that Wonder Woman is bisexual.

carterleavyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again Wonder Woman wouldn't make any since being with Batman!

Their wouldn't be anything special to watch... she already dated a human (Steve Trevor) so please don't use that pathetic line about she needing a human to keep her grounded --- what ever the fuck that means, but why does a divine goddess need to be grounded to human's standards ... as if were prefect or something! Fans will literary pull anything out their ass to make their desires make since.

Damn do all you Bat-fans want Batman to fuck 95% of the female population in DC? I guess so...

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Don't insult Superboy-Prime by comparing him to Jon Lane-Kent.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Honestly i think the writers and editors keep flip flopping on which history to draw upon in their stories. If this was the pre-52 Universe, then this idea would make sense ( an idea that needs to be put to bed however, Rather see him with Selina…)

But in the New52, There hasn't been any established romantic link that I have read between Bruce and Diana, at least I haven't read it. Far as I can tell they haven't even guest starred in each others books as of yet. They appear as teammates in JL, or in the Superman books were they play the 'My boy friend's buddy/ My best friend's girl roles, but that is the extent of it.

So to just drop a plot twist like that was odd when I read it, without any previous frame of reference or breadcrumbs we can point to as 'That Moment' it came off as lazy writing to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this will come into play when the actual justice league returns and questions how they were saved.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BlackWind

@farkam: This is the view many comic fans have when trying to bolster the coolness of male heroes.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SanoHibiki
    Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Night4345
    SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Forever Evil #7 was hinted that Batman has a special connection to Wonder Woman that may be love or something else, we will see more of this in the JL book?

GJ: Batman definitely connects with Diana, but it may not be what you think...

Link

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I don't understand. If it's simply innocent then why all the mystery. Heck DC even teased the question whether there was more than just friendship at heart of the matter (https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/05/22/forever-evil-five-unanswered-questions). Seems like a useless tease if it's something else.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mailwam: Oh boy... You're really late to the party, friend. I don't really remember what was that all about - or care for that matter, since the death of New-52.

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I think it was just a false tease to pique everyone's interest.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.