Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Batman Get's Top Billing for Superman's New Movie? C'mon!

• 79 results
    reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By reactor

@bezza: Say whatever you want about me being anti-Batman, but Batman vs. Superman fights are done purely for Batman fans.

Whether Batman wins or loses, Batman still wins. If Batman wins, he just took down a god. He's a badass. When Superman wins, Batman just survived a fight with Superman. That's impressive, he's not supposed to survive a fight like that much less hold his own.

Superman, on the other hand, doesn't get such benefits. Superman gets the fighting a girl rule. Whenever he wins, he's supposed to win and he looks bad if he enjoys it. Whenever he loses, he just lost to a girl (Batman) and he's embarrassed.

I think the only time Superman fans were happy to see Superman fight Batman was in the N52 JL issue, and Superman fans didn't even get to enjoy it because everyone called him a jerk.

Superman fans aren't excited fir this fight, win or lose. The only reason we're bummed about it is because we know that when Batman wins, Superman will be humiliated and that we'll have to put up with the general population talking about "how Superman is a p*$$y and how awesome Batman is".

Kudos... Couldn't have put it better myself

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I mean, come on, it's Superman's movie and no one thinks he stands a chance of winning. =\

Doesn't that tell you something of the nature of these two's interaction?

SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow

It all makes sense now :)

I laughed harder than I should've.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supercow said:

@superguy1591@vinovash1234

No it's not pathetic, think about it. I mean why include a "V" at all, plus it really show's (subtly) Batman is being prioritized over Superman. I do agree this is more of a JL prequel, however the "V" is unnecessary.

I understand it's business, but what really bothers me is how the film will be based off of Miller's TDKR, it's not a JL worthy story, it's a Batman story, I just want it be something everyone can enjoy, like how the Avengers didn't focus on one main character, but apparently everyone means... Batman fans..

Now you're complaining about a letter? B comes before S, its in alphabetical order, it doesnt hint to anything in relation to batman being prioritized

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

What Zach said today about the "v" in Batman v Superman:

"I have a legal background. The whole “v” thing, that is an adversarial thing in courts. When you go to court and you’re reading old court cases it’s “Smith v California”. The first name in the title of a court case is the grieving party. It’s the one bringing the grievance. The one saying the first party has a problem with the second party. And that’s the legal way that that’s set up. So when I look at that title, it makes sense that they left the “s” out of the “v” [in "vs."]. Now it makes sense to me. Batman is the one coming after Superman in this film. I have no doubt about that. In Man of Steel Superman nearly destroyed his entire city, which left thousands of people dead. Batman is probably going to have a big problem with that, and it’ll likely be the key factor in their feud in the new movie. The title Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice makes a lot of sense to me when you break it down in legal terms like that."

Source

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: This is interesting.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Superguy1591

@erik: Yeah, but the bad guy is usually the one who is the respondent. The state, the oppressor, the assaulter.

If I hit you and you can't hear out your ear and you want to sue me, our court case is called Erik v. Superguy. If the government is restricting your rights, it's Erik v. United States. So...yeah.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Yeah, but the bad guy is usually the one who is the respondent. The state, the oppressor, the assaulter.

If I hit you and you can't hear out your ear and you want to sue me, our court case is called Erik v. Superguy. If the government is restricting your rights, it's Erik v. United States. So...yeah.

Not necessarily the bad guy. He is the defendant. Innocent until proven guilty, brah!

SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SuperCow

@vinovash1234

Can you confirm it's alphabetical order, I think you and many others are misunderstanding what I'm saying..\

@erik

Bat's is going to sue Superman for damages, the rest of the JLA will be the jury.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod smashed Batman's satellite. Shots were fired before Supes ever knew it lol

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RustyRoy

@reactor said:

@superguy1591 said:

@bezza: Say whatever you want about me being anti-Batman, but Batman vs. Superman fights are done purely for Batman fans.

Whether Batman wins or loses, Batman still wins. If Batman wins, he just took down a god. He's a badass. When Superman wins, Batman just survived a fight with Superman. That's impressive, he's not supposed to survive a fight like that much less hold his own.

Superman, on the other hand, doesn't get such benefits. Superman gets the fighting a girl rule. Whenever he wins, he's supposed to win and he looks bad if he enjoys it. Whenever he loses, he just lost to a girl (Batman) and he's embarrassed.

I think the only time Superman fans were happy to see Superman fight Batman was in the N52 JL issue, and Superman fans didn't even get to enjoy it because everyone called him a jerk.

Superman fans aren't excited fir this fight, win or lose. The only reason we're bummed about it is because we know that when Batman wins, Superman will be humiliated and that we'll have to put up with the general population talking about "how Superman is a p*$$y and how awesome Batman is".

Batman fans don't like the fights either, a win is a win and a loss is a loss and Batman loses 90% of the time and even when he wins it is called PIS by Superman fans. And I doubt Batman will win in BvS, there's more chance of Superman winning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not Superman's movie.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@farkam said:

It's not Superman's movie.

It never was!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

To be fair, it stopped being "Man of Steel 2" a looooooong time ago.

This is not a Superman movie sequel. This is a Justice League movie prequel.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Bezza

@superguy1591:

Hey dude, I wouldn't call you anti Batman, in fact it wouldn't bother me if you were, everyone's entitled to like who they want!

Yep, I think Superman cant really win when it comes to Batman and in some ways although the TDKR is a legendary comic and I really like it personally, it did a lot of fuel arguments between Batman and Superman fans and resentment particularly in the latter.

its a shame really that the biggest discussion about this film is Batman fighting Superman and yes I know the title is Batman v Superman. They are both friends, one is a god, the other an ant by comparison, so them fighting is preposterous when you think about it. Its still interesting to see how a non super human guy tackles someone who is almost invulnerable, but I would like to see more emphasis on their friendship. They are very different characters, but complement each other so well.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

Its a fair point, I think neither Batman or Superman comes out of the fight with much positive, as you say PIS if Bats wins, if Supes win its "well he should do shouldn't he"....

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Darling_Luna

He gets top billing in DC...Marvel...Pop culutre......existence... for like the past 20 years

Don't act surprised anymore hehe

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supercow: B comes before S, so its alphabetical.....theres a youtube channel called AMC theatres, and they discussed the implications of the title, and trust me some of the theories are amazing, go check em out.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bezza

@darling_luna:

Batman's also running for president after Obama quits and entering the Eurovision song contest next year (that last comment is probably lost on most people on here...)

Actually, shouldn't they rename it "Batman (and his friend)...and just be done with it-lol!!

Wily119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Wily119

@erik: While I understand the argument, I truly hope that this is not the only basis for the Supes vs Bats argument. It like me doing a job to the best of my abilities and a co-worker comes and say I did it wrong. I would respond by saying, "Oh, yeah. Where were you when I was moving my lawn? I been out here for an hour while you sat back and watched."

The invasion in MOS was not a one hour thing and I am pretty sure Gotham would have saw something on the news about it. So, how can Batman complain about one cities destruction when Supes action saved the entire world, Gotham included. Neither hero has a moral ground to call out the other, each breaking the law to stop villains, and both allowing villains to return and wreck havoc in their cities.

Yet, I can almost see a movie where Batman talks down to Superman as if he was a child and Superman sitting there and taking it.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
    No Caption Provided

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third Superman movie will be Aquaman vs Superman :P

Supermans_Pal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It didn't surprise me, and it does annoy me, but at this stage I've given up anyway.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's just because Batman v Superman sounds better. Phonetically it just has a better ring to it then the other way around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't even Superman's movie anymore.

Azyral_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Azyral_Stark

@thebhramabull: Top dog? Now you're just sounding like an ignorant Batman fanboy. But we all know who's the most iconic superhero of all time that even kids in Africa knows of: Superman. That's a fact. Now that we're even, let's look at a possibility that could've happened. You see, Batman Begins only made about $300+ at the box office after 9 years of absence without any full length feature film. Man of Steel had a 10 years of absence, and yet it made over $600 at the box office. Heck, even Superman Returns made more than Batman Begins. Now think of it this way: if Superman were to have to more standalone movies and made into a trilgoy, then I assure you that the total box grossing would be way more than that of the Dark Knight trilogy. Case in point: Superman is more well known and iconic than Batman, despite the popularity of Batman being more these days with the new generation thanks to the DK trilogy. Goodbye. Yes, I'm a hypocrite for being a fanboy, too.

Azyral_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Are you in denial? First off, Frank Miller's atrocious comic is non-canon. Yes, non-canon does exist and it's real, deal with it. Second, Batman has never beaten Superman, and that's a fact. Let's be more honest with ourselves shall we? I know you all want to hate on Superman for being powerful, and the most iconic superhero of all time, but facts are facts: Batman has never defeated Superman. NEVER! You're in denial, I understand, you want to see a weak-sauce of an underdog to beat the champ, but that's not happening. There's a reason why the Dark Knight Returns is officianly a non-canon comic, and not considered canon by DC.

Superman is DC's number 1, and Batman is DC's number 2. Despite the popularity of Batman these days because of the trilogy and the Arkham games -- Superman is still more well known, and iconic and the epitome of all superhero who actually started this whole trend in the first place. Facts is fact, bro, and Batman can't do squat to the Man of Steel, heck, Batman even admitted to that.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azyral_stark:

Man of Steel: Produced by Chris Nolan, the maker of The Dark Knight Trilogy, WB made sure everyone knew that.

People were excited for the film off the back of the success of the Batman trilogy. The marketing for Batman Begins was minimal compared to that of Man of Steel and was also rebooting after the travesty that was Batman and Robin.

No MoS sequel would have made a billion, you are insane to think so. It will now that Batman has been brought in. Because he's the top dog. Yes you are butt hurt. He has better films, animated series, video games but the main reason he is top dog is because he makes more money. He is their number 1 seller. I haven't said anything about the characters, I could hate them both for all you know. Doesn't change the fact Batman is the top dog at DC, he brings in he most money in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.