Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

BATMAN #36 (Batman whipping Superman ass again!)

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
    killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So it seems Scott Snyder couldn't resist joining the bandwagon when it comes to Batman beating up Superman plot. http://www.newsarama.com/22673-joker-ized-superman-vs-batman-in-batman-36-preview.html

It's ashamed how DC allow writers to use Superman as a tool for Batman punching Bag when ever they need it.

All I'm saying is when can we get a full Story of Superman out besting Batman, granted it will only take one or two pages to do. I wouldn't mind reading an issue of Superman show casing his highly advance kryptonian gear & weapon. Then having Superman punish Batman while he's in his iron-man suit :)

Which apparently deflects Superman heat vision!

No Caption Provided

Oh the sweet injustice!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

There are 5 moments where Superman has beat Batman in the new 52. So I'm unaffected by this

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

a story about a rouge Superman that no one other than Batman can stop? How creative, Scott.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

Once in a Batman book, Batman was hopped up on venom.

Twice in Batman/Superman. A young Clark beats both a rookie and a pro Batman

Once in JL War

Can't remember the 5th one

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: sorry I quoted you earlier by accident.

Got to start promoting the movies early.

There are 5 moments where Superman has beat Batman in the new 52. So I'm unaffected by this

Seriously, I can only think about two.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: I thought of 4. But I remember back when Injustice came out I remember saying 5. I just can't recall the 5th one

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a story about a rouge Superman that no one other than Batman can stop? How creative, Scott.

^ This

But I think Scott's motives is to show different ways on how Batman can beat or stand toe to toe with Superman.

I don't think he wants to share a interesting story between the two characters, but merely his intuition of having Batman beat Superman in unique ways.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not gonna lie this look like both guys are overpower superman unharmed by 9 microscopic red sun and how in blue hell did batman do that im mean come on man this is Grant Morrison level of dumb logic

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

The word is "bandwagon".

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn’t expect less from writer of the "Superman Chained Cant-Do-A-Thing-Without-Batman/Luthor-Guiding-Him-And-Lois’-Pep-Talking".

Seriously, kinda wish for Geoff Johns to write Batman’s guest appearance in Superman book.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...umm..he still hasn't defeated him in this preview,he couldn't even damage him seriously...but i get the irritability,since he'll probably defeat Superman in the next pages for the sake of the story.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

I don't read batman but I'm sure Supes is possessed or is drigged

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Apparently drugged entire Justice League. Yep, Joker’s that awesome. He can drug full company of pretty much half gods and only one who stop them is Batman.

P.S. I read some theories though that is just Batman who been drugged and hallucinating, but I won’t bet on it.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

@darknightspideyfanboy: superman isnt weakened by red sun radiation. Superman's cells just can't turn them into high energy.

Being hit with a red sun is no more effective than being hit by anything else.

But, then again, Scott also doesn't know Clark can breath in space...

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: ? Superman is weakened when exposed to red solar energy he will lose his Kryptonian abilities having 9 red sun should burn him i mean superman should have burn mark or something

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is Batman's solo book.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With each passing issue he writes, I lose more and more respect for Scott Snyder. At least with regards to his DC work.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

With each passing issue he writes, I lose more and more respect for Scott Snyder. At least with regards to his DC work.

^ Lmao

It's funny because I seen an press conference at comic con dealing with Superman.

I think it was around the Doom event, but anyways Scott showed up late and then someone said something like it's hard to find characters that can beat Superman and then Scott whisper Batman (Then the crowd applauds kick in)

If I find the video I'll post it

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerinstinct4588: it's a shame. Not just because of Superman losing but because it's so so so hackneyed and overdone.

killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@killerinstinct4588: it's a shame. Not just because of Superman losing but because it's so so so hackneyed and overdone.

Yea I know :(

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By righteous300

This is going to be awesome, I'm so hype for this to come out!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Black_Arrow

Actually It isn´t that. A mind controlled Justice League are hunting Batman down and he is trying to defend himself against them. He really didn´t have that much time to call anyone else for help.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is going to get so much hate for this. His haters will start crying.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Night4345

Synder should stop trying to write Batman as Iron Man.

Edit: And stop featuring Superman in his writings at all.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman has this suit, then he really doesn't need the JL for anything other than morale support.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Should he write him like Moon Knight then? Daredevil? There is a reason all these character's took inspiration from Batman.

I don´t think that Stan Lee or whoever created Iron man had Batman in mind while they created him.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@black_arrow: He might not, he might have: the point is that the character's attributes are similar enough: playboy, billionaire, butlers. Batman had armored suits before Iron Man existed. Inspiration or not unfair comparison's will be drawn.

Really? Tony Stark really is nothing like Bruce in personality or motivations.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Black_Arrow

@papinacho said:

@black_arrow: He might not, he might have: the point is that the character's attributes are similar enough: playboy, billionaire, butlers. Batman had armored suits before Iron Man existed. Inspiration or not unfair comparison's will be drawn.

So you think anybody who is a playboy, billionaire and has a butler is inspired on Batman? You know the rich guy that was famous with the girls is an archetype that predates Batman and also Jarvis almost didn't even appeared in the old Iron man comics, he mostly appeared with the Avengers. Batman didn´t have that many armored suits that were any famous in that time (I can´t think of any at least). Also Iron man was based on Howard Hughes (who was a billonaire, playboy and probably had a butler, so I guess that he inspired his life on Batman's) who was an inventor who made weapons for the goverment. Tony Stark is supposed to represent that guy and the industrialism that made profit of war during the Cold war. Also he was used to show capitalism vs communism.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit: And stop featuring Superman in his writings at all.

Honestly I prefer this version of Superman over his super serious life less Superman in Unchained.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Agree, keep that guy away from Superman. His Superman is either boring or a punching bag for his Batman.

Doesn't know how to write a fun Superman story to save his life.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

not gonna lie this look like both guys are overpower superman unharmed by 9 microscopic red sun and how in blue hell did batman do that im mean come on man this is Grant Morrison level of dumb logic

Nope Morrison wouldn't make up something like this. This is clearly a cop out, Morrison's work is more thought out(or drug induced) but its still better than this crap.

@sanohibiki said:

@z3ro180:

Apparently drugged entire Justice League. Yep, Joker’s that awesome. He can drug full company of pretty much half gods and only one who stop them is Batman.

P.S. I read some theories though that is just Batman who been drugged and hallucinating, but I won’t bet on it.

This, i mean how ridiculous is that right?! I wouldn't mind it if this was something like emperor joker, that at least makes some sense. It's crazy though how snyder makes these powerless individuals so incredibly competent and tears down Superman like his life depended on it. Goes for the rest of his JL as well.

I thought the same at first about the hallucinating and i kinda have a feeling it is that based on this preview, but i just don't trust snyder anymore.

@superguy1591 said:

@darknightspideyfanboy: superman isnt weakened by red sun radiation. Superman's cells just can't turn them into high energy.

Being hit with a red sun is no more effective than being hit by anything else.

But, then again, Scott also doesn't know Clark can breath in space...

THIS, this this this. According to proper scientific logic this makes perfect sense and even LOB freakin DELL saw it and wrote it this way.Supes being under a red sun should be like supes at night time,without the presence of a yellow sun and a constant charge. But now of course according to the comments above some people don't even realise this and snyder himself has reinforced that stupid red sun 'weakness' about 50 times over.

@superguy1591 said:

@night4345: Agree, keep that guy away from Superman. His Superman is either boring or a punching bag for his Batman.

Doesn't know how to write a fun Superman story to save his life.

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't really see this as a win for bats; more like him being able to remove Supes. From the first page Supes overpowers the suit and almost crushes it with a massive colum. Not bad for a weakened superman. Still looking for a good reason that doesn't fall under PIS for joker being able to poison a Demi goddess, half human/Atlantian hybrid, a guy whose metabolism burns near the speed of light and a kryptonian.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a guy like Superman that could punch the moon to dust, most likely turn the entire planet to rubble is being bested by a man made armor, just because its Batman armor. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Honestly DC is starting to piss me off. Use kriptonite, use red sunlight, but don't come up with this lameass excuses for stories that they're writing. It's pathetic and all in all an insult to Superman fans.

We're talking about someone that could've simply fly so fast and punch Batman shitty armor into space, and then rip it appart in less than a second, killing Batman before he knew he was dead. But writers love to come up with this... what the hell that is. And expect anyone with half a brain to believe it.

I have an idea! Create a section on the DC Comics webpage were the real fans can give them stories writen by us, the ones that actually know our stuff, and they could pick ideas or use the entire stories, I don't really care. At least I know it would be far more interesting to read than this poor excuse of creativity.

And heat vision. Superman has shown that he can emit all sorts of EM energy from his eyes. Why not microwave vision or gamma ray vision... I know why. Because Batman pathetic amor would last 1 second against that, and of course writers can't have that.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By buttersdaman000
    No Caption Provided

Thou shalt have no comic character defeat me

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superguy1591

@darknightspideyfanboy: no he's not, he loses his powers because he can't convert red rays to super power.

He still has his powers under a red sun, it takes him a while to lose it. I guess it depends on the writer, but nothing happens to him.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: I think anyone who is a playboy, billionaire who also happens to be a super genius has similar characteristics to Batman. I wouldn't say they are copying Batman, because they aren't, but I wouldn't say the reverse either. That way we can avoid saying that Snyder is writing Batman like Howard Hughes or Pak is writing Superman like Douglas Fairbanks Sr.

Yeah Iron man and Batman share an archetype , I agree with that. What I disagree is what you said before that Iron man took inspiration from Batman when it is rather baseless and somewhat ilogical because Batman had poor sales at that time (in 1964 they rised again but that is one year after Ironman), and people tend to take inspiration from the best not from the worst.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thou shalt have no comic character defeat me

i demand we get a kickstarter going for this lol

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha. Get'em Batman!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.