Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Bad feelings about DC Movie Universe

bear1318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bear1318

I think DC is trying to compete with Marvel little too much. To me I think a Man of Steel Sequel that introduces maybe 1 or 2 heroes other than batman would have help DC in the long run. See batman is a property that people are pretty much familiar with. He really doesn`t need any public reintroduction unlike the other DC heroes. To me this Superman-Batman Team up coming out so soon is DC trying to Outshine the Avengers 2 in the summer of 2015. After many years of trying they finally make a superman movie that makes you fall in love again with superman. The fans wanted a sequel before any team up or justice league. Then also we wanted to see other heroes on the screen too. Personally I`m kinda tired of Batman

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@bear1318: My thoughts

• The fact that they announced the movie for 2015 means they all ready had a script before Man of Steel was released. Otherwise they couldn't have announced it so quickly.
    • The reason they are introducing Batman in the MoS sequal is because most people are familiar with him. You don't need to get into another origin-story movie. Everyone knows who Bruce Wayne is, how his parents die and why he becomes Batman. We don't need to sit through that story again, we just need him to be kicking ass.
    • Superman and Batman are two thirds of the DC Trinity. I'd like to see other heroes too, but Batman is always going to be in the mix. Might as well reboot him and now and get people familiar with him.
    • Batman is also perhaps Superman's greatest foil (that isn't an enemy) and properly done the two in the same movie could destroy all other films and set up a rock solid foundation for DC's universe.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could do an amazing origin story for many characters at once if they did a JL movie. They don't need to do one for Superman or Batman...they could find ways to mention/explain flash and wonder woman...and then maybe have a 5th hero emerge during the film...

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Hey I'm with you there man I'm tired of batman too. He's my second favourite hero but still, I mean come on, put him away now and bring him out next year for his birthday. But ya the sad truth is it's all a money making game and wb is just pushing for a team up movie as quick as they can without even giving superman some breathing room with a sequel(his own) now I don't really know how it works in the business but they should just concentrate on making good movies and not just do all these gimmicks and throw batman in and stuff( I kno it's not really a gimmick in this case but u get what i mean) and the money'll come pouring in......

Look at the difference between the box office for batman begins and the dark knight, it speaks a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.