Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Awesome Toy Picks: Superman Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. It's the holiday gift-giving season and while the holidays are quickly approaching, there's still so many cool things to look at. You know when you see the words Sideshow Collectibles attached, you're going to see some cool things. This time, we're going to look at the Superman Sixth Scale figure.

No Caption Provided

The figure is currently available for pre-order at Sideshow Collectibles. It's scheduled to ship this month and costs $199.99. Sideshow has a variety of different Superman figures but what's fantastic about this is it's classic Superman.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Seeing the classic costume makes you realize how much you miss it. This figure comes with a bunch of accessories. If you watched the video, you've already seen what comes with this figure.

First of all, there are three different heads, several hands, two capes and a stand. The cape you see here is the posable one. You can bend the edges to add some wind effects.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There is an incredible amount of detail in the costume. You can see the threads in the costume and that emblem just looks so brilliant. The back of the cape has the plain yellow emblem. As it should.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is also the Superman with the red shorts. There's a lot of detail in the belt. It has an almost leather feel to it and the belt is a hard plastic. The boots are hard plastic as well.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The little piece of machinery will come up later.

Also, make sure you don't stare at Superman's red shorts for too long. It makes him a little uncomfortable.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The first head was his happy/friendly face. This is his more serious one. It's great for those poses where you make Superman ponder about life's mysteries.

No Caption Provided

And if you happen to have a Batman figure, you can prepare for the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie.

No Caption Provided

The third head has Superman about to unleash his heat vision. His mouth looks a little odd to me but seeing the wisps of his heat rays coming out is pretty cool.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

With the stand, you can raise him up to put him in a flying position. Also, interchanging the hands gives you more options.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Thumbs up Superman is a nice touch.

In one of his hands, he's holding Metallo's head. (For some reason, in the video, I called him Brainiac. I guess I have the upcoming CONVERGENCE on my brain). That little piece of machinery snaps into the head.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The jaw also opens and closes. You'll almost feel sorry for Metallo. Almost.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

If you're a Superman fan or know of any, this is a great figure to have. The classic costume might feel a tiny bit outdated now since we've had the new one in comics since 2011, but it's still a classic. The detail in the figure is phenomenal. His jaw looks a little wide in the one head but the choices in expression are great to have.

These figures that come with the dual stands are neat as well. You can have him standing or flying.

No Caption Provided

Again, the figure will cost you $199.99. If you have any gift money coming, it's something to think about. You can pre-order the figure and find more information here:

http://bit.ly/Buysupes

No Caption Provided

I was impressed with the figure when I first saw him on Sideshow's website. Actually seeing and getting a closer look really sold him on how great of a figure this is. You just might believe a toy could fly.

Thanks to Sideshow for giving us an early look. Be sure to check out their website for other products. Let us know what you think of this figure.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Alas, poor Corban, I knew him well...

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The body seems too small to me

The head evokes that bodybuilder Superman physique but the body just doesn't follow suit

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Love it, thanks Tony.

If only the new movies would use the classic costumes ...

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like a drugs user.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By BigL

This is really cool. The heat vision and Metallo are great additions

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taken separately, body and head are pretty good, but put them together – and we got some disproportion. Like “heat vision”-feature though.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The value of the item itself compared with the amount of money one pays for these sideshow/hot toys products are usually very questionable. This figure here is no exception to that.

I mean they couldn't even of gotten a basic thing like the proportions right, his head looks too big and his body looks too small.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

the body doesn't really math the suit in my opinion, looks a little off.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I want that Joker figure behind Superman...

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I see a Superhero in an actual cloth outfit it reminds me of how silly superheroes would look in tights. I like armored Superman much more than this version.

This figure seems oddly proportioned and it doesn't really have the "superman" feel to me. Maybe I have to see it in person, but $200 this is not worth.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After that amazing Christopher Reeve Superman figure from a while back, this one just doesn't seem that great.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very poor physique. Body just doesn't match the head.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman looks unhealthy. Like he's just wasting away. Did he get it on with an alien of questionable morals and catch some crazy space STD?

Kestiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kestiel

He looks like he does when he is hit by a nuke... I would not buy this until he has bathed in the sun for a bit longer

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Anyone noticed Joker creeping in the corner?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about him looks...off.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
    TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It looks like Superman has been loosing some weight in all the wrong ways.

Leave1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, uncharacteristically bad for Sideshow... And every time I see the old Superman suit I'm grateful that it's gone.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, I don't like it, I think they could've done a better supes. That Batman is awesome though!

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from the heat vision and metallo I'm not feeling this one at all. I agree with others that the head just doesn't look right with the body. Proportions seem off. And the cloth suit looks terrible. It just doesn't look right. Plastic man in a cloth suit. Sometimes it works like with the captain america figs or Joker, but for some reason it just doesn't here. I Also prefer the new 52 version of the suit. No red shorts, no spandex. Much cooler. This 1 is a big pass for me. Although to be fair as cool as some of them are, I can't imagine dropping $200 on any of them.

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For $200 he better sing to me "Can You Read My Mind" while flying among the clouds.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

What's wrong with his face? He's a drug addict or something?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

His rips are showing like he's starving lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.