Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Anyone else happy MoS 2 got pushed back a year ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I'm really really happy the studio decided to do this. The I herd about MoS 2 the more my hopes for the movie being good went down. All they did was announce and announce and with only a year to shot the film it was just doomed. Then I heard it was pushed back to 2016 and I was happy again because now they have the time to make it shine.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I'm happy for it! We hopefully get an epic films (hopefully Justice League is there too). And its Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in the same film!! Can't wait.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

doesn't make me happy and it doesn't make me sad...I'm indifferent to it...I hated the first film but I'm willing to give the second a chance before I judge it but I haven't heard anything about the movie that makes me excited about it yet

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasn't all that hyped for the film in the first place. they should just call it justice league, they already have the Trinity in it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I'm actually happy that they are pushing the film back. Maybe, they would introduce other DC characters in between this timeline.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No, but not because the film won't be better because it probably will but rather, because it lowers the probability of the DC Cinematic universe existing at worst and delays it's creation at best.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wolfrazer  Online

What is this Man of Steel 2 of which you speak?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Actually Batman VS. Superman may be back for its 2015 release date after all.

http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-movie-delay-update/

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Batman VS. Superman may be back for its 2015 release date after all.

http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-movie-delay-update/

I think somebody's writing a story for the sake of a story.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: I don't know. If it was any other movie web site I would agree. But I've been checking Screen Rant for the past 2 years and they are a very reliable source. Yes they've been wrong a few times (who hasn't) but they don't post articles just to get attention.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: Well we'll see WB hasn't announced anything else since the delay.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: This is one of those times where I'm wishing they're wrong. 2015 is becoming a very crowded year as is. Plus IMO DC could really use the extra year to prep.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LyraFay

@transformers1024: Exactly and I know that originally came from Deadline which has a mixed reception due their former editor.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I'm glad they pushed this back. The delay and the fact that they'll be playing chicken with marvel releasing this movie on the same day as an unnamed marvel movie has definitly brought back some of the hype I lost from the batfleck announcement.

To the rumors that this movie isnt delayed,-- this movie is delayed, it needs to be.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SanoHibiki

Not exactly happy, but not displeased either. In any case, if this delay will result in overall quality improvement of the movie, then let them take their time.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gives them more time to give the movie a better plot and more care but it also decreases the excitement i has for it. And i still think the movie will be bad

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It gives them more time to do the movie right unless what I hear is right and the're doing it so close to the JLA movie.

Truthfully though I've heard so many things about the movie I'm just not sure I care anymore.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am not particularly happy because its another two years without a DC film whilst Marvel churn them out endlessly, but I guess if it allows them to get it right, then fair dos.

However, there are so many rumours of script problems and actor disagreements I am starting to wonder if it will ever get off the ground!

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited seeing as how The Avengers 2, Star Wars episode 7, and Man of Steel 2 were coming out in the same year but I guess it will just have to be the first two.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it just because it makes me wait another year lol. But in all honesty it's a good move by WB, because now with this and Justice League shooting back to back, people will be more likely to see it. Let me explain:

In MOS 2 there are going to be many many key cameos that will get people excited for a big Justice League film, now playing off the success, people won't have to wait as long to see the actual movie. They'll probably only have to wait 10 months. By doing this they can shoot a quick scene to put at the end credits of MOS 2 for Justice League. Now people don't have to wait as long to get the team up movie and I guarantee more people are gonna be likely to go see it if they know that it sets up for the Justice League film.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The comicbook nerd inside of me is raging, I want the movie, and I want it NOW!! waiting another year is agony.

However, the logical, film critic side of me is fine with it, hopefully it means WB and DC are taking this seriously and trying to make the best film possible, instead of just turning out crap to compete with other companies.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that I have to wait a year longer, but I appreciate that more time is being put into the film. However, more time does not always mean better quality, so WB better give us a great film!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delay the damn thing but I hope they do make some other CBM for release in 2015. Like Aquaman or Flash or GL reboot. That is, if they're not rushed.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why should it take 3 years to make a sequel.?.i heard the script was already done..im sure the cast was done awhile ago..3 years is a very long time for a 2:30 min movie.unless they want to shoot 2 movies at once back to back like the hobbit .It seems like they have absolutely no idea what they are going to do. Nothing but rumors are going around...Hobbit is worth billions but gets their movies released in less than a year apart..Marvel DISNEY releases a movie or 2 every year..DC WB needs to bring it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.