Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

anyone else disappointed at superman/batman announcement?

• 198 results
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@sandman_ said:

I feel its rushed and looks like a quick cash grab. They just should have done another solo Superman movie, a Wonder Woman movie and Flash movie. I'm tired of WB shoving Batman down our throats.

Superman has had 7 movies from WB while Batman has had 8. I guess Superman is being shoved down our throats too since he only has one less movie than Batman?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By deaditegonzo

@sandman_ said:

I feel its rushed and looks like a quick cash grab. They just should have done another solo Superman movie, a Wonder Woman movie and Flash movie. I'm tired of WB shoving Batman down our throats.

You like Himura Kenshin, the Battosai, as well?! Are you just alternate universe me? LoL

On topic, I agree, here, here!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By SandMan_

@wolverine08: Yeah, the last one before MOS was almost a decade ago buddy. :(

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

You like Himura Kenshin, the Battosai, as well?! Are you just alternate universe me? LoL

On topic, I agree, here, here!

Kenshin is awesome XD.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08: Yeah, the last one before MOS was almost a decade ago buddy. :(

I see your point, but saying that WB is shoving Batman down our throats, but not Superman is being biased. Frankly, WB has been shoving Superman and Batman down our throats, and not letting other DC heroes get a chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: @wolverine08:

They need to leverage momentum from their 2 best characters. Movies cost money and launching new franchises are risky as seen with Green Lantern; before they risk launching some of these other characters, they probably want to have more solid showings.

I'm going to nitpick on using the term shoving things down our throats.

Some of us actually don't mind Batman being in the movie so don't assume they are shoving him down our throats because some of us are fine with this and some even asked for it. And no offense, it is not like they are forcing you to see the movie. If they tie you down and play the movie with your eyes forced open, then they are shoving it down "your" throats...

Is this title even confirmed as MOS 2? Because if not, I really don't see the issue, if anything this can be looked at as an extra Superman movie, that also includes Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Wolverine008

@drgnx said:

@sandman_: @wolverine08:

They need to leverage momentum from their 2 best characters. Movies cost money and launching new franchises are risky as seen be Green Lantern, before they risk launching some of these other characters, they probably want to have more solid showings.

I'm going to nitpick on using the term shoving things down our throats.

Some of us actually don't mind Batman being in the movie so don't assume they are shoving him down our throats because some of us are fine with this and some even asked for it. And no offense, it is not like they are forcing you to see the movie. If they tie you down and play the movie with your eyes forced open, then they are shoving it down "your" throats...

True.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I WANT a Flash movie, I WANT a Wonder Woman movie, but I WANT a solo Superman movie. This just screams that WB doesn't trust Superman enough to get people to see his movies when the problems are the director and the writer. MOS 2 could have been better if they just done it before WF. This is a disservice to Superman. If this is a WF movie then, yes, I may calm down. I just hope it ain't MOS 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't think we're going to see multiple shared movies with just Batman and Superman. In fact, I get the sense that this is meant to kick off the greater universe - opening the door to other characters as well as the formation of the Justice League. Man of Steel isn't over after this. If this is success, Supes will have more solo movies to look forward to. Same goes for Batman and the other characters that follow.

It's a smart move when you think about it. WB/DC isn't pulling any punches. They're establishing their universe with a bang and making sure this world of heroes feels very connected. I'm excited what this means for Marvel movies also. As the competition between both studios begins to blossom, everyone involved will win: the producers, the actors, and of course, the movie goers. We're witnessing a glorious golden age for superhero movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19 said:

I know this is very early, but im really disappointed that instead of an actual MOS sequel we have to have batman shoehorned in, right after he already had his own trilogy. I wanted to have them develop this new Superman and his own cast of characters, but instead we have to have batman again. Also is any other Superman fan annoyed by the fact that Snyder felt the need to quote The Dark Knight Returns. it kinda implies that the movie will have Batman beating up Superman with some stupid plot device.

I know its early, but im not liking the vibe that im getting from this movie so far.

Yup, I expect it to be another opportunity to wank Batman. And it seems effed up that Superman hasnt even been allowed to have his own series and they already want to hijack his series for Batman.

Also, any person who likes the Dark Knight Returns or thinks it makes for good Superman source material is a severely poor example of a storyteller.

AH YES! I see you have returned to continue your crusade against a fictional character.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Wolverine008

@deaditegonzo said:

@eternal19 said:

I know this is very early, but im really disappointed that instead of an actual MOS sequel we have to have batman shoehorned in, right after he already had his own trilogy. I wanted to have them develop this new Superman and his own cast of characters, but instead we have to have batman again. Also is any other Superman fan annoyed by the fact that Snyder felt the need to quote The Dark Knight Returns. it kinda implies that the movie will have Batman beating up Superman with some stupid plot device.

I know its early, but im not liking the vibe that im getting from this movie so far.

Yup, I expect it to be another opportunity to wank Batman. And it seems effed up that Superman hasnt even been allowed to have his own series and they already want to hijack his series for Batman.

Also, any person who likes the Dark Knight Returns or thinks it makes for good Superman source material is a severely poor example of a storyteller.

AH YES! I see you have returned to continue your crusade against a fictional character.

I'll never understand his hate for Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Wolverine008

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08: I WANT a Flash movie, I WANT a Wonder Woman movie, but I WANT a solo Superman movie. This just screams that WB doesn't trust Superman enough to get people to see his movies when the problems are the director and the writer. MOS 2 could have been better if they just done it before WF. This is a disservice to Superman. If this is a WF movie then, yes, I may calm down. I just hope it ain't MOS 2.

I don't think this is a disservice to Superman. I think it's a great opportunity for Superman and the whole of the DC cinematic universe. We can see Superman grow as a person as he deals with the fallout of his first heroics in MOS, and after he killed Zod, and we can see him develop one of his first close friendships on Earth with Batman. This is also the opportunity to introduce Batman into the DCU without having to go through his origin which you and everyone's grandmother knows again. Finally, easter eggs can be set up for to expand the DCU. It's basically killing two birds with one stone.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

I don't think this is a disservice to Superman. I think it's a great opportunity for Superman and the whole of the DC cinematic universe. We can see Superman grow as a person as he deals with the fallout of his first heroics in MOS, and after he killed Zod, and we can see him develop one of his first close friendships on Earth with Batman. This is also the opportunity to introduce Batman into the DCU without having to go through his origin which you and everyone's grandmother knows again. Finally, easter eggs can be set up for to expand the DCU. It's basically killing two birds with one stone.

I want to see that, but without Batman stealing the glory, let's face it, people are going to see this movie because of Batman only. They don't care about Superman, which is sad.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sandman_ said:

I want to see that, but without Batman stealing the glory, let's face it, people are going to see this movie because of Batman only. They don't care about Superman, which is sad.

How? Both Batman and Superman are equally popular icons. I think you'll see some people will come see this for Batman, some will come to see it for Superman. I really don't think one character will draw in a lot more people than the other.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By SandMan_

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sandman_ said:

How? Both Batman and Superman are equally popular icons. I think you'll see some people will come see this for Batman, some will come to see it for Superman. I really don't think one character will draw in a lot more people than the other.

The why didn't MOS break the billion barrier ( yeah it had tough competition, I think even Batman would have had trouble)? Transformers did, and those movies are sh!t.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sandman_ said:

The why didn't MOS break the billion barrier ( yeah it had tough competition, I think even Batman would have had trouble)? Transformers did, and those movies are sh!t.

Superman was coming off a movie that was hated, and a completely new reboot. Even Batman with his popularity didn't do that well at the box office with his reboot (Batman Begins).

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: True, but if there is any hero that should make a billion, its Superman, right?

it still doesn't matter, I don't want this movie to be part of the MOS trilogy.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Wolverine008

@sandman_ said:

@wolverine08: True, but if there is any hero that should make a billion, its Superman, right?

Ehh, with CBMs today, it's becoming harder and harder for individual heroes to break the billion mark. It has to be a team movie (Avengers) or a CBM coming off a successful team up movie (IM3), for it to break that billion dollar mark now it seems. Also, I can see why you might not want this to be a part of the MOS trilogy, but if you look at it with a large point of view, this actually a blessing for Supes.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think i get were their doing, just like how they allowed Hulk,Thor,Captain America to get their one movie in, with exception of Iron man who had two prior to the Avengers. They allowed Supes to get his one movie in, And of course Batman got his three in. I think the Superman/Batman movie will be an experiment like the avengers, if it does well then we most definitely will see a Justice League. Cause its going to prove that more then one Dc character can work well together on the big screen, and who better to start with then DCs big two.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Ehh, with CBMs today, it's becoming harder and harder for individual heroes to break the billion mark. It has to be a team movie (Avengers) or a CBM coming off a successful team up movie (IM3), for it to break that billion dollar mark now it seems. Also, I can see why you might not want this to be a part of the MOS trilogy, but if you look at it with a large point of view, this actually a blessing for Supes.

TDK wasn't...But...You know why that movie made money. Its not a blessing, its a damnation. Superman doesn't need anyone's assistance to shine. Batman...has. Like i said, hope you prove me wrong. But as it right now, I don't like how its gonna look with the way they presented it.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

You've not been paying attention Eternal it is a,SEQUAL to MOS it just so happens that batman is now in it

that's the problem. Now they have to focus on developing this batman and his relationship with superman. I was hoping that the next movie would focus more on developing supermans relationship with his own cast of characters. Especially since batman is DC's most popular character, their is a likely chance that he will get a lot of screen time. If this was meant to be a separate entity instead of an actual sequel I would be ok with it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

they should have the dc vs marvel crossover

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I wouldn't worry about it They have made it pretty clear that this is Superman's movie and I don't really think batman will be that important in the movie for the most part.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes.

No announcement of a Aquaman, The Flash, or Wonder Woman movie?

DC and WB sickens me when it comes to movies.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

No announcement of a Aquaman, The Flash, or Wonder Woman movie?

DC and WB sickens me when it comes to movies.

Apparently Flash will be out in 2016.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#177  Edited By TheFirstLantern

It is a good idea, at least WB/DC are attempting to create a shared universe. With the top two most famous characters in all of superhero lore. Yeah it might not be MOS2, but it will introduce Batman, probably Luthor and other characters. It is a safe way to expand the universe, I would have liked a Flash film or Aquaman but it is financially a better deal. I am seeing how some people are saying that Marvel took a risk and it is true, but now Iron Man is getting "shoved down" our throats, same with Wolverine and FOX. It frustrates me to see that people cannot be happy about the golden age of comic book movies, I have been waiting for this all my young life. I for one am happy, with a few minor issues, but nevertheless happy.

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

this is the right way to go about it WITHOUT having to make yet another Batman film to establish his character.

Or you could not completely take a dump on a cohesive, 100% SUPERMAN trilogy, by making this World's Finest film SEPERATE from the MoS trilogy. That's what I initially thought it was. Why the HECK they decided to shoehorn in batman into the MoS trilogy, a NEVER BEFORE SEEN batman mind you, is completely beyond me. It's a disservice to both the Superman fans and the batman fans .

Here's what the complaints will sound like:

Batman fans: "He's batman, a brand new batman, and they reduced him to some half arsed cameo." (on too little screen time).

Superman fans: "Why is batman overshadowing superman in HIS OWN TRILOGY?!?! (on too much screen time).

No one is pleased. Man, this was a HORRIBLE decision. They can change it. It won't be hard. Simply say it's a standalone film separate from the MoS trilogy. Essentially used to introduce the new batman without having to reboot him, or do yet another solo film that people may not want just yet.

This ^^

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#179 the_stegman  Moderator

Jeremy knows best

Loading Video...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I think angry Joe's reaction better expresses superman fans issues with the announcement.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By deaditegonzo

@theocitylegend: I cannot for the life of me remember who you are. If youre the guy who was stalking my posts (months ago?) then youve changed your avatar, but I still maintain what I said then: I spend maybe 1% of my time on here. Im not "back", I only come on this board every once in awhile when I want to discuss something comic book related, and Im not busy with my job or social life (you know, living a real life). If you are said individual, I have a couple of things to say to you specifically:

1) Find something besides just comic books to fill your time. The fact that you seemingly just stalk these forums 24/7, looking for opportunities to worship your Batgod is both creepy and sad. You have one life, dont waste it being an internet stalker.

2) I find the fact that youve been waiting attentively for my posts is both creepy and flattering. Flattering because of all the people you have chosen to stalk online, for some reason youve chosen me. Creepy, because you spend your life stalking strangers online on a nerd forum.

Batman is one of my 2 LEAST favourite characters, and now he is being paired IN A MOVIE with one of my favourite characters, it is the perfect opportunity for me to waste 30 min - 1 hour talking about it with people who can actually talk about the characters and concepts with some prior knowledge.

Anyway, if you ARE the guy I spoke with a couple of months ago, I would appreciate you never responding to me again, as I feel your infatuation is bordering on harassment. If you are not, I sincerely apologize for incorrectly accusing you of someone else's guilt.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's very disappointing news. I'm sick of Batman. sigh

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: @deaditegonzo: guys if you have problems please just pm your hatred for eachother. This thread was meant to be a peaceful discussion about the superman/batman movie. I don't want it to turn into a superman fans vs batman fans thread

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

superman will be obliged to 'job' onscreen and the late dc fans will use that logic in battles

oh vey

next they will self insert batman/mary sue into every DC media (oh wait they did that already)

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@sandman_: Then how did TDKR cross the billion mark? and if Ledgers death boosted TDK then the shooting also negatively affected Rises.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Figured the Superman fans would be happy that there's now a chance for Clark to have a movie that crosses the 1 billion mark........apparently not.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be incredibly ironic if the same people who loved MoS would come out of this picture saying "They got Batman all wrong !!!"

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Eternal19

@citizenbane: Mos 2 could've possibly done it without batman. But, now that I think about it financially warner bros made the right choice, because the avengers is there competition in 2015. They needed something that will attract more viewers. But as a superman fan I would have wanted one more solo superman film first

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't have a single problem with the movie as long as it's script is good and we don't see Batman and Superman be foes in the movie.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@lvenger: I am getting so sick of telling this to people, but:

All we know about the film is that it exists. It's WAY too early to claim that Batman has been crammed into it. See the film before you judge it. They might fit Batman in well and establish his character for future films. I can't tell, I haven't seen it yet.

It's evident Batman has been crammed in BECAUSE he's Warner Bros and DC's biggest cash cow. I'm getting a bit tired of telling people this as well. Look at the Nolan Bat trilogy for example. Batman's inclusion raises all sorts of issues about a Man of Steel sequel since plot points from the first film can't all be dealt with whilst introducing Batman too. It's plain obvious cramming in and Warner Bros stifling variety by sticking with what they know. By contrast, Marvel have opened a delicatessen of comic book movies and are outshining DC massively in that department. And this is coming from a DC fan who wants a live action Superman/Batman film to do well.

To be fair...cramming other character didn't set well with a lot of Iron Man 2 movie watchers and it was only because of two other movies plus The Avengers that it all ended up working.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fla5h said:

I don't know why you Superman and Batman fans are fighting. You could be a Flash fan. :(

The Flash is cool, but BATMAN is the BEST! lol.

And an Infinite Mass Punch reducing you to your basic atomic components for you...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Wolverine008

@perezite said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_fla5h said:

I don't know why you Superman and Batman fans are fighting. You could be a Flash fan. :(

The Flash is cool, but BATMAN is the BEST! lol.

And an Infinite Mass Punch reducing you to your basic atomic components for you...

I was just stating my preference. I like Batman more than Flash, but I know Flash would destroy Batman in a fight............................................................................................................

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08: Please don't make things confrontational. After a trilogy of Batman films, I would have hoped DC would give us something new and wait for a World's Finest film. It's better than launching a Justice League film of course but there is still cause for concern I'm afraid. This isn't the wholesale news fanboys are blindly crowing it to be.

I agree brah and am right there with you.

You are not alone!

Loading Video...

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Perezite

@lvenger said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: So now I'm being called a fanboy for using reasonable conjecture at pointing out the concerns and problems already faced by this film? And I'm the one who's the fanboy and not listening to reason? How ironically quaint. Do look in the mirror if you want to see who the unreasonable fanboy is. The only one being unreasonable is you to those who have an inkling this film isn't all it's cracked up to be. So stick your hypocritical attitude elsewhere if you please.

@rulerofthisuniverse

Oh! You just got OWNED son! Snap!

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is very entertaining.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.