Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Any new info on the Superman summer crossover event?

TurianAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TurianAgent

A while back I heard info about a crossover between Superman, Supergirl and Superboy that would happen in the summer but since then I have heard nothing. Anything new about this?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I did not hear about that ,but I know WonderCon in this weekend. So, maybe they will talk more about it there.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

I think they are going to fight those wildstorm villains.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RyuHayabusa
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

All I know is that it will involve Superman's first meeting with Superboy and that things won't go as smoothly as their first meeting with during the Reign of The Supermen. Sorry if that last part made no sense. In fact, the relationship between the Superman family could be a bit more rocky this time round. They're probably leaving this crossover till after the Night of the Owls one so that the Batman crossover doesn't clash with the Superman one.

@Primmaster64: Superman's only fighting Helspont in Superman 7 and 8 by himself. I don't think that the Wildstorm villains or the Daemonites will be the main threat for this crossover.

@RyuHayabusa: Is that image from Grifter #7?

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Lvenger: Yes

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lvenger

@RyuHayabusa: Ah I thought so. Was Helspont inside the ship that crash landed from the Stormwatch headquarters?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sethysquare

This is the solicits for Action Comics action comics #10

• CLARK KENT is DEAD!

• The three-part ACTION COMICS summer event storyline begins here!

• New villain NIMROD THE HUNTER is on SUPERMAN’S trail! He’s killed every living thing he’s ever tracked – but he’s never killed an ALIEN!

I think it has got to do with the Anti-Superman Army.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: That's just the story that will be running in Action Comics in June. It makes no mention of a crossover with Superboy or Supergirl so I don't think this is the Superman family crossover. That's just my interpretation though so we'll have to wait and see.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: That's just the story that will be running in Action Comics in June. It makes no mention of a crossover with Superboy or Supergirl so I don't think this is the Superman family crossover. That's just my interpretation though so we'll have to wait and see.

LOL but its written

The three-part ACTION COMICS summer event storyline begins here!

Which I am assuming the summer event would crossover into all the other books, if not it wont be called a summer event. So the crossover would probably be in issue 11 or 12.

So if Nimrod the Hunter which is part of anti superman army is in it, then I think we can get to see the rest of the anti superman army in here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: Whilst I agree that the Anti Superman Army is the best candidate for a foe that unites the Superman family, the other Superman family solicits for that month don't mention that there will be a crossover next month. Superboy #10 involves Superboy lost in an ancient world with Wonder Girl whilst Supergirl #10 has Supergirl trapped in the nightmarish world of the Black Banshee. Both these stories look set to continue into next month, thus the Action Comics story should be self contained to that one title with no crossover with Superboy or Supergirl.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Whilst I agree that the Anti Superman Army is the best candidate for a foe that unites the Superman family, the other Superman family solicits for that month don't mention that there will be a crossover next month. Superboy #10 involves Superboy lost in an ancient world with Wonder Girl whilst Supergirl #10 has Supergirl trapped in the nightmarish world of the Black Banshee. Both these stories look set to continue into next month, thus the Action Comics story should be self contained to that one title with no crossover with Superboy or Supergirl.

Uhm, well agree to disagree then. Because like Batman was the comic that led the whole batman line for a crossover and the story was set from Batman #1 all the way to #10. #9 is the crossover while issue 8 started the crossover with Nightwing.

So I think something similar would happen here.

Issue 10 is Action comics setting the plot.

Issue 11 might involve another book

Issue 12 involving all 4 books, as of such, no other books need to be involved in the cross over at issue 10.

Also, even if it doesnt involve the anti superman army, I dun think it'll involve Hellspawn or other wildstorm characters because Action Comics would be the comic that leads all the other comic in the superman line, so it wouldn't be from a plotline in Superman but rather in Action comics.

Thats my 2 cents.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: Very well. I suppose we'll know more when DC's July solicitations are released. That at least will confirm whether the storyline in Action Comics will set up the crossover. And whilst I expected Action Comics to run its own story and let the Superman title deal with any crossovers, I can see the point that since like Batman, Action Comics is the leading Superman comic that it would be the title to begin the Superman crossover with. I take it you read both Action Comics and Batman? Same here. They're two of my favourites and it's difficult to pick between them though I do have to that Batman is just ahead at the moment. Which one do you prefer?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Very well. I suppose we'll know more when DC's July solicitations are released. That at least will confirm whether the storyline in Action Comics will set up the crossover. And whilst I expected Action Comics to run its own story and let the Superman title deal with any crossovers, I can see the point that since like Batman, Action Comics is the leading Superman comic that it would be the title to begin the Superman crossover with. I take it you read both Action Comics and Batman? Same here. They're two of my favourites and it's difficult to pick between them though I do have to that Batman is just ahead at the moment. Which one do you prefer?

Well, I love Superman with a passion, so I'm definitely going to say Action Comics. I don't feel such loyalty towards Batman, but I pick it up because its good. However, I'm intrigued enough with the Night of owls crossover that I'm picking up every single one of crossover except ASW. I'll decide which books to cut from there.

TurianAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TurianAgent

Action Comics will probably be the one that sets up this crossover, why else would they call Action Comics #10 the start of a summer event storyline? Unless there is something else planned.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: @TurianAgent: Just to let the both of you know in case you haven't already seen, the Superman solicits for August don't involve a Superman family crossover. Action Comics has something else planned and the other Superman family titles aren't connected in any way. Here's the link: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/04/09/superman-group-solicits

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: @TurianAgent: Just to let the both of you know in case you haven't already seen, the Superman solicits for August don't involve a Superman family crossover. Action Comics has something else planned and the other Superman family titles aren't connected in any way. Here's the link: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/04/09/superman-group-solicits

I realised that as well, perhaps its in issue 12 or 13.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: Perhaps. But then again Superman's getting a fricking new secret identity in Action Comics! I wonder what that's about. In any case it's Grant Morrison, he knows how to surprise his readers and take characters in completely new directions that you never see coming.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: Perhaps. But then again Superman's getting a fricking new secret identity in Action Comics! I wonder what that's about. In any case it's Grant Morrison, he knows how to surprise his readers and take characters in completely new directions that you never see coming.

I wonder whats that all about.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By z3ro180

@Lvenger: Any new new on a superman family cross over?

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By supermanfan1234

apparently its gonna start in issue 13 of ac sm sb sg

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@Z3RO180: None I'm afraid. Though Lobdell did say at SDCC Superman panel that with his taking over the title in issue 13 and Action Comics being set in present day from issue 13 that it would mark the fact that the Superman family books are becoming more tightly knit. Once Superboy finishes whatever current storyline he's on, theoretically he would be available. But nothing's been confirmed yet. We'll have to wait and see.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By z3ro180

@Lvenger:DC need too hurry up and do a crossover wih superman and the rest of the super family cuase a cross over was like the first thing they did with batman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lvenger

@Z3RO180: Well Batman is DC's focus at the moment unfortunately. And I do agree. Even Green Lantern's getting a family crossover before Superman. Pretty unfair in my book. Though I am looking forward to it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By z3ro180

@Lvenger: yea the sooner the do it the better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.